VR-Sixy

Sad news and good news

Well, after 19 years of Corrado VR6 ownership, Senor Sixy was sold on in mid-august. The intermittent starting problem had re-occurred (after virtually an issue-free summer) and it hadn't started for a week by the time it was sold. Just want to thank everyone who has chipped in with answers to my questions over the years - your help has been greatly appreciated. But, having started a new job in June, I needed to know that my car was going to start of a morning to get me to work, and the point had been reached whereby it was total pot-luck if it would start or not. So it was with more than considerable regret that I had to let him go.

The good news is that he WILL live on as I sold it to the owner of Vara Technik (next to my place of work) in Ashford who, after flat-bedding Sixy Away three Thursdays ago got him up and running the folling morning! This was at a cost however as all the innards from under the dash (fuse box / relay box etc etc) were on the floor of the car and I was horrified. But I needn't have been. What this guy hasn't done to it isn't worth knowing about. All the engine faults have been rectified including the intermittent starting problem (which turned out to be a conflict between the after-market immobiliser and the factory fitted alarm - which i didn't even know I had) and he's also given it a bit of 'umphhhhh'........

Well, actually quite a lot of umphhhhh...... in that last night before going home from work, he took me out for a lap of the block in it. I have NEVER heard that car sound like that. The acceleration was phenominal, it roared like an Audi R8 and it's never been so quick. I was f****ing speechless!!

The other good news is that he's going to keep him and get literally everything that needs doing to it done and may even turbo-charge it. He plans to use it as his 'daily' so I'll still be seeing him around from time to time.

Once again, thanks guys for all your help. I now have an Audi A3 FSI SE which will never be the pride and joy my Corrado was, but hell, i'm 64 now........ and this is comfort on 4 wheels which at my time of life is all that I'm looking for.

Cheers!!