vw rule

New rear registration plinth on Amazon

Where does this all happen on facebook? Whenever I go onto the corrado pages there's never any activity.

The spoonfed tuning one arrived from Heritage and I think I am going to send it back to be honest as the quality is pretty poor. It doesn't have nice flat finish, has marks here and there, and looks like odd bits of dirt or dust have settled into the gelcoat. The back is also pretty roughly finished as are some of the cut outs. 

OK you won't see the back and some of the marks would be hidden by the numberplate, but for that sort of money I expect the finish to be spot on. 

Just now, oneohtwo said:

The spoonfed tuning one arrived from Heritage and I think I am going to send it back to be honest as the quality is pretty poor. It doesn't have nice flat finish, has marks here and there, and looks like odd bits of dirt or dust have settled into the gelcoat. The back is also pretty roughly finished as are some of the cut outs. 

OK you won't see the back and some of the marks would be hidden by the numberplate, but for that sort of money I expect the finish to be spot on. 

The rear of any fibreglass is usually rough / strand finish tbh

It's not a wet lay CSM by the looks of it though - looks like some vacuum forming has taken place. I'd be confident of getting a better finish tbh, if I had the time and space, but it's not so much that, It's more the glue everywhere where the fixings have been attached that is off putting. I don't know, maybe I'm being overly picky.

I probably wouldn't mind the back, if the front was perfect.

Just now, oneohtwo said:

It's not a wet lay CSM by the looks of it though - looks like some vacuum forming has taken place. I'd be confident of getting a better finish tbh, if I had the time and space, but it's not so much that, It's more the glue everywhere where the fixings have been attached that is off putting. I don't know, maybe I'm being overly picky.

I probably wouldn't mind the back, if the front was perfect.

For £250 I'd want it hand delivered and fitted tbh. Its a bugger for chipping too, not that's too much of an issue on the rear of a car.

20 hours ago, Dox said:

For £250 I'd want it hand delivered and fitted tbh. 

Well, quite!

I'll give one of the plastic ones ago I think.

Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday, shipped by the seller actually, although it requires a slightly shorter plate it’s the closest to oem you are going to get without having an actual oem one.

Not ridiculously exspensive either at £75.50 delivered  

4 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday, shipped by the seller actually, although it requires a slightly shorter plate it’s the closest to oem you are going to get without having an actual oem one.

Not ridiculously exspensive either at £75.50 delivered  

I heard someone mention they had one of these and it broke within a year.  Is the spoonfed not the best option at Hermitage ? 

I’ve got one of the Amazon ones that take the slightly shorter plate. They are spot on.