seanl82

NLA bolts

Evening all, 

I've picked up a load of bolts today from VW, but there were quite a few that are NLA so they've issued me a refund on most of them. I've managed to find a lot through VW Heritage so will be making an order there shortly, but there are a few I'm still unable to locate. If anyone has an alternative part number or knows where else to get them, I'm all ears!

N90184501 - Steering rack mount bolt (through subframe) - M8x75x33 - (x4)

N90144203 - Water pump pulley bolt - M8 x 11 rounded hex head (got 2, so 1x required)

N90708501 - Front caliper carrier bolts - M12x1.5x35 - (x4 (both sides))

Not bolts;

192422941 - PAS pipe clip - I would consider second hand as mine broke when removing the pipes

357422839 - outer steering rack boot clamp 

357422837 - inner steering rack boot clamp - I made a mess of the inner and outer ear clamps whilst trying to crimp them, so if anyone knows the size and where best to get replacements I'd appreciate it.

My current steering rack and pulley bolts aren't in bad nick, but I'd like to replace with new if possible. The carrier bolts are looking a bit ropey however, so these are priority.

Thanks in advance. :-)

I'm the same can't stand putting old bolts on new parts ! 

Here is your first bolt from Germany N90184501  . See if the seller has the other items. Good seller have used before. 

Noit cheap postage but if you can get a good order together not to bad. 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Sechskantbundschraube-M8X75X33-fur-Lenkgetriebe-Golf-2-Co-OE-Ref-N90184501/352953413377?hash=item522da9af01:g:XrMAAOSwsnVeMquE

Edited by Keyo

Thanks Keyo, thats an option certainly. I've found the carrier bolts too. Thought, wait a minute. They're the same as the mk3 288 carriers so checked them.

Sure enough, the part number is N90708502 and they're available through heritage. 👍

Yeah but for such a small order, they'll be even more expensive than buying from the dealer!! lol.

Its the 10.9 tensile load bearing ones with non standard thread pitch I'm worried about. The others with standard thread pitch I'm happy to replace with stainless.

I think I've sorted all the bolts now, its just the clips & clamps I need now. 👍

To true with bolts and nuts. if sourced from a manufacturer  directly are not expensive a  at all and the UK has so many capable companies that can manufacture . I am personally guilty of spending silly money for fittings and it is just a waste of  money  but the only catch is you have to find someone to supply them. If we all has bit more time I'm pretty sure we could get everything manufactured over here as we have some of greatest companies in the world to be fair, also man with a shed traders in the back garden is almost a UK trademark, amazing what folks in the know can produce. I can source 50 10 mm self tapping bolts for my trade and they cost about £20.-- for a box, vag would cost just silly for that amount. 

Talking about silly money I've had to fork out 313 for two roof moldings as they were flapping in the wind and when I inspected and pulled them up a little the sides just fell apart , I suppose one should just be glad that they are available and remind oneself how rare and what a cult special car the Corrado is. and also the great owners that keep them on the road. I've owned a fair few cars  in the past but the Corrado from my experience  even relatively new to most on here/ there  is something very special about  the Rado that I can't quite put my finger on.  but nonetheless a great mongrel that the  VW engineers absolutely pulled off. designed a car that could actually compete with its competitors.. very brave step to compete with BMW, Mercedes , Porsche, but thank god there was a small amount of purchases  that didn't want to follow the rest, and that is why I think the Corrado is such a special car , it \was never really a coupe luxury car in my opinion compared to owning other coupe cars of that era.. but that of of the king  of the hot hatches which was also a great place to be in accompanied by a rising spoiler. what more could you ask for ! 

Well I managed to get the last two in stock of the rack bolts, and I actually had a set of the pulley bolts in my watch list on ebay! lol.

Got everything else including the carrier bolts from heritage, but I'm still after the ear clamps and pipe clips.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:42 PM, seanl82 said:

Evening all, 

I've picked up a load of bolts today from VW, but there were quite a few that are NLA so they've issued me a refund on most of them. I've managed to find a lot through VW Heritage so will be making an order there shortly, but there are a few I'm still unable to locate. If anyone has an alternative part number or knows where else to get them, I'm all ears!

N90184501 - Steering rack mount bolt (through subframe) - M8x75x33 - (x4)

N90144203 - Water pump pulley bolt - M8 x 11 rounded hex head (got 2, so 1x required)

N90708501 - Front caliper carrier bolts - M12x1.5x35 - (x4 (both sides))

Not bolts;

192422941 - PAS pipe clip - I would consider second hand as mine broke when removing the pipes

357422839 - outer steering rack boot clamp 

357422837 - inner steering rack boot clamp - I made a mess of the inner and outer ear clamps whilst trying to crimp them, so if anyone knows the size and where best to get replacements I'd appreciate it.

My current steering rack and pulley bolts aren't in bad nick, but I'd like to replace with new if possible. The carrier bolts are looking a bit ropey however, so these are priority.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Hi Sean, 

Hope all is well. 

Did you send your rack off to steering racks direct- mine is looking a bit leaky and ratty on the g60 as its 30 years old and would be silly not to swap it out whilst frame is out. The question is did you get round the trade only thing if you did use them . Looking at etka my g60 uses the TRW 22 teeth late rack . 

9 hours ago, Keyo said:

Hi Sean, 

Hope all is well. 

Did you send your rack off to steering racks direct- mine is looking a bit leaky and ratty on the g60 as its 30 years old and would be silly not to swap it out whilst frame is out. The question is did you get round the trade only thing if you did use them . Looking at etka my g60 uses the TRW 22 teeth late rack . 

Hello mate, all good thanks, hope you're keeping well. I didn't replace my rack. It looked in good order and I never had any concerns with it so just cleaned it up and resprayed it (it was just a bit greasy from a leaking sump a few years back). I've got a spare too so had that if the worst happened, but I needn't have worried as it's not leaking, and smooth and quiet.