g0ldf1ng3r

Front windscreen - encapsulated or not

Hi all

Does anybody know if the corrado uses an encapsulated windscreen or not?

my VR6 is in the body shop & i need to get it a new windscreen - Pilkington have an option for encapsulated or not but ive no clue what that means or implies

anyone any idea?

thanks muchly

Not a clue.  But I look forward to someone giving the answer. Every day is a school day.

Although the trim is off windscreen and it does look as though it has a frame around it. Mines coming out soon but hopefully you will get the answer b4 next Friday

Surely if they make two different types of screen they should be able to explain the difference between encapsulated and non encapsulated?

edit

Edited by Dox

13 hours ago, Dox said:

Surely if they make two different types of screen they should be able to explain the difference between encapsulated and non encapsulated?

edit

excellent thanks to all

Just to add to the windscreen chat. The spacer blocks that are used, are still available at VW. Part no.W443 845 631A SPACER £1.25 each. 6 required and I ordered some today

I may have been told wrong on the spacers..... The Bentley Manual says differently.  Does anyone know what is correct for the windscreen spacers?

I thought so.  It was the Bentley manual starting different sizes, so I assume they must be cut down maybe!!

15848156095962902612459319345675.jpg

Windscreen question, is yours going to be a fully tinted windscreen or a tinted strip at the top? 

Which should it be?

I hate it when they give you a choice but dont know what it would have originally been fitted with.