Keyo

Are these Vento competition 16 alloys

I tried to get a set for my Golf VR6 back in 1999, I’ve sent emails to racing teams just in case they have some to sell.....

i gave rave up a few years ago, maybe lol

What's the difference between the Vento ones and the 16" Speedlines I've got on mine?

Edited by Tigerfish

35 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

What's the difference between the Vento ones and the 16" Speedlines I've got on mine?

We'd need to see yours?

We'd need to see yours?

I’ve not got any wheel specific pics, do these show them well enough?

15a0904e138f941c3db9ae1dcda37d82.jpgaabb58247fef6a00fa122b8c3657f8b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They look very similar - would need to see the numbers off them to be sure. I know a few people used 16" Subaru wheels and got them repainted.

They look great though!

Edited by fendervg

16 minutes ago, fendervg said:

They look great though!

Agreed, they look like cups when I zoom in on my phone

Yes they look correct- there should be a stamp on the outside of the rim with measurements  of the alloy- should be 7.5 J wide (left of the speedline stamp .  Should also have this stamp. Picture below 

90595118_535002694068461_809378992999523

90608431_215733229508340_900830384302011

90491994_2533201473605924_68861057111687

Edited by Keyo

On 3/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Tigerfish said:

I’ve not got any wheel specific pics, do these show them well enough?

15a0904e138f941c3db9ae1dcda37d82.jpgaabb58247fef6a00fa122b8c3657f8b4.jpg

Looks lovely 

Hi guys, 

I was privileged to collect these last week off  Andy from Classic Vento 96 team from Aylesbury. You might recognise a certain young someone on the first photo. Andy is an engineer from the race team and use to work for Gemini racing who use to mod the parts from VW Motorsport for the Vento Teams . He is going to send me an email with loads of interesting facts about the parts sourced from VW Motorsport and the racing teams and I will share on here. What I have been told there were only 20 teams and they were released 4 or 5 sets of the Vento speedline cup alloys which were a one off commision order from VW Motorsport to Speedline in Italy, this is why IMO they are the Holy Grail of Corrado alloys as they have VW motorsport history and rarity. .   So with at least one third of these alloys damaged because of racing I imagine there are only an estimated 50 sets left in the world and maybe a few more as they were also on the MK3 A59 prototype(never went into production) as mentioned by Dox earlier on this thread. 

The Race car is still in top condition after a full restoration and now has a R32 engine and a Carbon trim - amazing !

Below pictures of car it came off and also the alloys and markings which I can vouch are the genuine article. 

Please note that Andy has 2.8 rebuilt engine block with aux and tuned ECU that Stealth did for sale. It also has a extremely rare Gemini head(with stamp)- its pumping out 210 BHP. Please email and I can get you in touch, No more alloys left Im afraid guys. 

I will be getting some Motor Sport caps made and reverting them back to Silver. 

Car they came off. 

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen

Inline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageTThe

Edited by Keyo

The alloys still have racing tyres on nankang. They get to see three races and changed out at £175.00 per corner. 

Inline image

Inline image

Inline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline imageInline image

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, easypops said:

Not sure if it’s just me but I can’t see your photos mate? 

Ok mate I will re load them. - I copied and pasted them maybe that's why. 

This is the car they came off.  Last picture there is someone folks might recognise. 

vento1.jpg

vento2.jpg

vento3.jpg

vento4.jpg

vento5.jpg

Here are the alloys and markings .  Let me know if they are visible please EP. 

vento6.jpg

vento7.jpg

vento8.jpg

vento9.jpg

vento10.jpg

vento11.jpg

vento12.jpg

vento13.jpg

vento15.jpg

vento16.jpg

vento17.jpg

vento18.jpg

P,s the car now uses 17 alloys so they are not the speelines on the video. 

Nice info and stuff there. Congrats on the wheels.

Checked the front faces of mine, they’ve got a couple of the markings, but one is missing. Will have to wait for a wheel off to check the inner stamps.

Certainly different going on the stamps, but I wonder what the difference(s) actually is.

7799d3a09c68bd6d36de8b535b5849e8.jpga58dca54006cb967b6217aa215c4a80d.jpg

13 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Nice info and stuff there. Congrats on the wheels.

Checked the front faces of mine, they’ve got a couple of the markings, but one is missing. Will have to wait for a wheel off to check the inner stamps.

Certainly different going on the stamps, but I wonder what the difference(s) actually is.

7799d3a09c68bd6d36de8b535b5849e8.jpga58dca54006cb967b6217aa215c4a80d.jpg

They look the real deal to me, do the normal speedline caps fit them mate ? Where did you get them from ?  I will getting some motor sport caps made at some point . 

Thanks 

Edited by Keyo

Yeah, the standard speedline caps do fit, not as tight as normal, and I think I stretched the spring ring a little to help keep them in.

You mean where did I get the wheels?

Yes where did you get the alloys ? 

The centre bore is 57.5 on a speedline vento cup so I would say yours are 100 percent correct with the stretching of the spring comment. 

These are the correct caps and Im going to get some made when things hopefully settle down. You after a set chap of the correct caps   ? 

I imagine the MK3 lads would pay a bundle for these alloys if shown on the prototype ha!

motor sport.jpg

mk3 r.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Yeah, I’d be interested in some genuine looking ones. Although the standard speedline caps look decent mind you.

I got the wheels of a member on here from Poland called Tomi. I was looking for some 16’s and they were the best looking out of the ones members on here had going at the the time. Must be 5 or 6 years ago I got them.

2 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Yeah, I’d be interested in some genuine looking ones. Although the standard speedline caps look decent mind you.

I got the wheels of a member on here from Poland called Tomi. I was looking for some 16’s and they were the best looking out of the ones members on here had going at the the time. Must be 5 or 6 years ago I got them.

Chuffties, 

Can anyone share any knowledge  about the speedline that were purchased on a group buy that were 16s or 17s. Anyone got pictures of them with the stamps/dimensions they can share on this thread ? 

Thank You