Keyo

Light warning buzzer

Nice to see someone's made an installation kit - there is a write up somewhere of how to do this DIY, maybe a nice little project for anyone with a lot of time on their hands!

23 minutes ago, tony_ack said:

Nice to see someone's made an installation kit - there is a write up somewhere of how to do this DIY, maybe a nice little project for anyone with a lot of time on their hands!

Would be a nice little project- read through the seller's description though guys as mentions something about a special electrical tool to to fit it. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Would be a nice little project- read through the seller's description though guys as mentions something about a special electrical tool to to fit it. 

I so much want to do this job but at the same time so much don’t want to take the relay plate out again having gone through that pain two more times recently. In all it must have been out of my car a couple of dozen times!

I would expect the special tool is a de-pinning tool, I’ve made a couple using the flat spring steel strips from a wiper blade and very careful use of the bench grinder. I got the idea from this guy 

Fairplay that's useful, at least you are in the know and are well equipped to do the job. 

yep i made a similar tool using wiper blade metal inserts - takes a bit of time to make but because the connectors are just so small it is still pretty fiddly to de-pin them.

Useful post Keyo on the vw headlights relay - where or how is this wired up?  Is there a slot on the relay panel it can plug into?  Would be ideal if it does!  Thanks for sharing.

Btw it looks like this relay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283740920408

Edited by fla

You can do this by just getting the relay from a Mk3 or latter and wiring it up - it needs to see a signal from the driver's door switch, earth, illumination/sidelights - maybe one more, can't remember, possibly battery live - I did a long tie ago and sat it in the empty slot on the relay panel and spliced into a couple of wires to get it working, with pins into the back of the fuse block. It's a handy little mod all right. On my old Mk2 I just used a standard electronics speaker instead of a relay and wired it up accordingly. It just needs to be able to tell if the ligths are on and door open with ignition off and then open the circuit to sound the buzzer.

The empty slot is there in the relay panel, but it is not wired up.

It was always strange that the Corrado had CE2 but didn't have the buzzer.

That kit looks nice, pretty much plug and play - you will need a pin release tool to fit it.

Edited by fendervg

25 minutes ago, fendervg said:

You can do this by just getting the relay from a Mk3 or latter and wiring it up - it needs to see a signal from the driver's door switch, earth, illumination/sidelights - maybe one more, can't remember, possibly battery live - I did a long tie ago and sat it in the empty slot on the relay panel and spliced into a couple of wires to get it working, with pins into the back of the fuse block. It's a handy little mod all right. On my old Mk2 I just used a standard electronics speaker instead of a relay and wired it up accordingly. It just needs to be able to tell if the ligths are on and door open with ignition off and then open the circuit to sound the buzzer.

The empty slot is there in the relay panel, but it is not wired up.

It was always strange that the Corrado had CE2 but didn't have the buzzer.

That kit looks nice, pretty much plug and play - you will need a pin release tool to fit it.

They do look tidy and USE Vag parts, the seller is in Germany and when I have watched his items before they send you a discounted offer for the part on ebay. I have also seen Corrado recaro seat looms new that they handmade but not showing on there at the moment but I'm sure they will make them up if asked. 

Yeah, the Recaro seat loom looked nice and would be a must have if you manage to get a set of seats without the wiring. The stuff is a bit expensive, but looks good quality with OE parts, so I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:37 PM, fla said:

yep i made a similar tool using wiper blade metal inserts - takes a bit of time to make but because the connectors are just so small it is still pretty fiddly to de-pin them.

Useful post Keyo on the vw headlights relay - where or how is this wired up?  Is there a slot on the relay panel it can plug into?  Would be ideal if it does!  Thanks for sharing.

Btw it looks like this relay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283740920408

Sorry mate wish I could help but I have never really got my head round electrics- think there is an instruction manual supplied. 

The relay is just a standard Mk3 lights on warning buzzer relay - you can use the Mk3 wiring diagram to splice in to the light circuits where needed - there is already an empty slot on the relay panel for it to sit.

Back in the days when I had my Ford fiesta Supersport 🤣🤣 in the last millennium 1989..... I wired a live from the sidelights to a small buzzer, to negative on the door pin.  Simple electronics, when the lights are on and the door opens it completes the circuit. Buzz. 

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

Back in the days when I had my Ford fiesta Supersport 🤣🤣 in the last millennium 1989..... I wired a live from the sidelights to a small buzzer, to negative on the door pin.  Simple electronics, when the lights are on and the door opens it completes the circuit. Buzz. 

That what I did on my old Golf Mk2 - that's all the design of the circuit really does, so for a basic one you just need the door contact, lights on and earth - the fancier ones also have ignition, so that it only comes on when the ignition is off or key out.