ABV-VR6

Driver Edition Brake Parts

After all that, it looks like they used this calliper on the mk3 and mk4 with a 288 by 25 disc. 

7ABD7D20-81AF-4CD4-8EA0-B3538442E49F.png

16 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

After all that, it looks like they used this calliper on the mk3 and mk4 with a 288 by 25 disc. 

Then if it's what it is and I think you're right about this, as per another comment on this tread, maybe upgrading to the mk4 refurbish kit would be a good idea to eliminate the problem of the pistons rusting out... 

Thanks for the link as well! 

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

I saw some nice brembo callipers with the same spec somewhere. 

Oh really? That could be an interesting setup for sure! 

40 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Well done Shaun, I'd be 99% sure thats the right kit, in fact I'm ordering a set  now for a planned refurb of my 288's

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I bet if you order the Brembo one an ATE one will come in a Brembo box

Possibly mate I have never purchased a set so could nt vouch for them. Have any of you got the 312 disc fitted to Mk4 callipers with the 6mm spacer ? I imagine Shaun you will need some serious brakes with the power you are  running. Whe I owned a Mustang S550 they had 6 pot and 4 pot Brembos but the car weighed  1720 KG with the 5.0 coyote lump in it. 

Edited by Keyo

Standard set up on mine but with Brembo  grooved discs and the ferodo pads below. 
A lot more stopping power and less fade

03A23ADA-8B10-4576-9911-35DED7879D9B.jpeg

I had 312 mms fitted on teves 2.0 system

I went back down to 288's as I felt that there was no discernible difference in stopping power but the weight of the discs and 16'" inch wheels on low profile tyres  ruined the handling feel. 

19 minutes ago, stuarttaylor37 said:

I went back down to 288's as I felt that there was no discernible difference in stopping power but the weight of the discs and 16'" inch wheels on low profile tyres  ruined the handling feel. 

Thanks good to know, thanks for sharing your experience. I was starting to consider this option but now I'll keep it to Mk3 DE. Cheers! 

1 hour ago, stuarttaylor37 said:

I've got a small one just 280  stock ha ! Did any factory Corrado VR6 come with 288 Im sure ive seen somewhere before some folks claiming there;s came from factory with 288. 

5 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Standard set up on mine but with Brembo  grooved discs and the ferodo pads below. 
A lot more stopping power and less fade

03A23ADA-8B10-4576-9911-35DED7879D9B.jpeg

Very nice. 

23 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I've got a small one just 280  stock ha ! Did any factory Corrado VR6 come with 288 Im sure ive seen somewhere before some folks claiming there;s came from factory with 288. 

None came out of the factory with 288s as far as I’m aware. They only just squeeze inside the standard Speedlines, you have to be careful where the balance weights go or they get jammed between the rim and calliper, wouldn’t be good for a standard set up!

42 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I've seen one person claiming that but if its true (which I doubt) there can"t be many

I

6 minutes ago, Dox said:

Facebook edition?

Ha probably Dox- no dealt somebody purchased a car second hand that the last owner  had upgraded to 288 as there is no 288 on the diagrams just checked.