1xshaunx1

My money pit

4 minutes ago, MJA said:

Much easier to clean than the usual BBS's as well. I have recaro seat envy. I need a black leather pair to finish off my car. I hope some kind sole reads that and sends me a PM haha.

It drove Keyo mad for months 🤣🤣😂😂

8 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

It drove Keyo mad for months 🤣🤣😂😂

Best upgrade you can make to a corrado transforms the interior and very nice seating position. 

17 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Best upgrade you can make to a corrado transforms the interior and very nice seating position. 

Too true. 
Unfortunately very hard to get hold of though,  unless you go by the user name of Keyo. 

Did the mod with the Bosch Motorsport Coil pack today as in ABV’s thread, very easy to do, fairly inexpensive and definitely makes a difference. Less than £73 for the coil pack and if it goes you can get another Bosch one off the shelf for the same money and bob that on without any more alterations. I wish I’d seen that years ago. 

Oh so mate you found the connectors? I sent 9 your way yesterday! Anyway, all good and glad it worked out. So, you do see/feel a difference eh? 

41 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Oh so mate you found the connectors? I sent 9 your way yesterday! Anyway, all good and glad it worked out. So, you do see/feel a difference eh? 

I’m going to do it again mate, the connectors I got aren’t that good but I wanted to see today as I’ve got the day off and had all the bits. Thanks for posting up about it. I wouldn’t have thought it would make a difference but it really seems to Rev smoother. Smoother all round really. 

I might do this next- as you say win win !!  They might even be more tolerant to heat soak and therefore be more reliable then oe. Next time I see Vince I will ask him if there any negatives. 

5 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I might do this next- as you say win win !!  They might even be more tolerant to heat soak and therefore be more reliable then oe. Next time I see Vince I will ask him if there any negatives. 

You really need to have the plate underneath as well to help stop too much heat getting to it. 

No worries mate, they're on their way and hopefully better quality? Let me know! Glad to hear it's working because I won't be installing it any time soon. And I agree, the spacer is must! 

Found time at the weekend to look at some intermittent running issues. Although it’s a lot smoother with new coil pack it still wasn’t always what it should be. So bought a new air filter and took everything to bits from the filter to the turbo. It seem a fair bit of oil residue etc coming into the intake from the crankcase breather. Cleaned all the air pipes out with break cleaner and sprayed the MAF with 10k Boost MAF cleaner. Also put  a pcv vale off a 1.8T Audi on the breather  

Jackpot

Running like it is brand new. Cold start, hot start, partial throttle, idling and boost, all as you would expect.

The best thing I got out of this is that you don’t need to search for months for a new MAF if yours is a genuine Bosch try spraying the MAF cleaner on it first, it may bring it back to full life.

EC30D2F0-A793-4064-9B9C-E6EA8739318E.thumb.jpeg.0919e95fae3d0c63967003ec6da9fef0.jpegEF350C6A-2C8D-42A4-A859-BA84999B1205.thumb.jpeg.bd010409120db539bcbd7fc1ad481acd.jpeg

That's fantastic news mate! Very happy to hear that you have been able to make it feel like brand new again. And it's nice too, when mostly it cost just time 🍻. Do you have an oil catch can on your system to purge some of that oil? Never heard of the 1.8t pcv valve, does it fit without modification? 

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, fla said:

yes the 1.8t pcv sounds interesting..any details Shaun?

The oe one is obsolete PCV valve so very interesting to hear this myself. 

Been for 100 mile test yesterday driving on mostly B roads and no issues, The cars is really behaving nicely. 
Keyo

With a bit of research the Bosch coil pack I’ve fitted is also for the Ferrari F50 amongst other motors, say no more on that one. 
69216FD7-6000-4708-8B02-BE76E19349B1.thumb.png.eb391ae2651bf4e17b28ec2abf556296.png

Not really tested the PCV too much yet but all seems well at the moment with it. 
This is a copy part for £8.55 off of EBay of 06A129101D. I don’t think it’s of much use to you standard set up guys though as it’s a 90 degree set up and you want 180 degree.
You’ll also may notice I have a disconnected plug hanging there, this should be plugged into the bit that goes just before the pcv valve. It’s a dummy plug it does nothing, if you unplug yours, you will notice there are no pins in the bit it plugs into. Mine was removed as it does nothing and there is no room for it. I’ve moved that jubilee clamp a bit too since the photo. 
886148EA-F93E-4231-A806-4ADA07AD13EE.thumb.jpeg.dc9c5c723f592bab20e966bb03037de6.jpeg

D0BF7CD8-C281-48F0-9B46-FA010797429E.thumb.jpeg.e07e3388caffc33df8550643ce146b02.jpeg

Ah yes the famous hockey puck pcv! I used to have an A4 B6 which had the same one. I guess a few elbows could be used to connect it? Although like you say, with a NA engine is there sufficient pressure to allow it to operate?

9 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Been for 100 mile test yesterday driving on mostly B roads and no issues, The cars is really behaving nicely. 
Keyo

With a bit of research the Bosch coil pack I’ve fitted is also for the Ferrari F50 amongst other motors, say no more on that one. 
69216FD7-6000-4708-8B02-BE76E19349B1.thumb.png.eb391ae2651bf4e17b28ec2abf556296.png

Not really tested the PCV too much yet but all seems well at the moment with it. 
This is a copy part for £8.55 off of EBay of 06A129101D. I don’t think it’s of much use to you standard set up guys though as it’s a 90 degree set up and you want 180 degree.
You’ll also may notice I have a disconnected plug hanging there, this should be plugged into the bit that goes just before the pcv valve. It’s a dummy plug it does nothing, if you unplug yours, you will notice there are no pins in the bit it plugs into. Mine was removed as it does nothing and there is no room for it. I’ve moved that jubilee clamp a bit too since the photo. 
886148EA-F93E-4231-A806-4ADA07AD13EE.thumb.jpeg.dc9c5c723f592bab20e966bb03037de6.jpeg

D0BF7CD8-C281-48F0-9B46-FA010797429E.thumb.jpeg.e07e3388caffc33df8550643ce146b02.jpeg

Glad to hear it mate still 9 weeks left  of fair weather driving. That blank plug is in cold climates for a heater or something like that I heard- jus as well an F50 the numbers your running lol. 

Edited by Keyo

The electric windows started playing up at the weekend, plenty of clicking but intermittent up and downy issues. So had the back panel/card off and fitted another control unit, that solved that, fitted the new drivers seatbelt while the rear quarter was in bits too. Put all that back together.

Then turned my attention to the drivers door mirror, again plenty of clicking but this time absolutely no motions. This was solved by swapping the motor out for a used spare I had, problems solved, the motor must have been seized on the old one. All clicking for power getting there but no motion. 

FYI motors for the passenger and driver door mirrors are exactly the same and the back of the motor tells you what colour wire pin goes in which hole  Very easy to swap, 4 wires, 4 screws and the mirror, simple fix.  

About 3 hours of messing so not long to diagnose and fix, spent more time psyching myself up for the jobs 🤣😂🤣😂, so pleasantly surprised that it went so well and only cost only time today as I had the motors and window controller already.

so all electrics working again, AGAIN

This luck with these speedy fixes can’t last 😖🤣😂. It would be nice not to have any for a while though🤣😂🤣

11B1A09F-DC51-4EAF-B6AC-661C197A770E.thumb.jpeg.9bef7111e8c54fc6fbd995ea27e02ac1.jpeg

Hollywood. I love a happy ending.... not often that it is so easy but great work. 

Your car is at it's best with the recent respray. I wish mine was blue 🧚‍♀️

46 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Hollywood. I love a happy ending.... not often that it is so easy but great work. 

Your car is at it's best with the recent respray. I wish mine was blue 🧚‍♀️

Yours is pretty too 

This luck with these speedy fixes can’t last 😖🤣😂. It would be nice not to have any for a while though🤣😂🤣
I know eh! You're on a pretty good streak with your fixes right now!!
Good for you and well deserved!
Good to know both passenger and driver side are interchangeable too..
Cheers!

Seen this on facefckr and gave it a try. For less than £20 and very easy. 
Change front and rear bulbs for a pack of four Led ones bought from Amazon. 
Change the flasher relay on the fuse box under the dash no 21 I think for the relay bought off of EBay. Hey presto, much bright indicators without the need for resistors. Especially happy with how orange they are on the front with the smoked tint

46A485AC-9ACA-43CC-97D1-3C2BEAFCF97B.thumb.png.4e918fddc092d51e247e2b803ed7e5ba.png56589EE4-059F-4467-A131-B3FB22EAD910.thumb.png.431409368b2102a04678e8ef83ac7987.png

On 10/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

Think it’s a 5” aluminium maf housing with definitely a K & N filter attached

Got that wrong it’s 4”,  100mm and the filter of choice at the moment is a K&N RG-1001RD. This filter is a £28 bargain at the moment on eBay and comes with rubber inserts to reduce the diameter if needed. 
CA5F5268-0E4A-44E3-9E9A-3BEA763C4B7B.thumb.png.1bfaa0a197a74247d1e8fd5127708a60.png

I’ve been spending my Christmas money, or rather, I’ve spent it. 
I bought a set of plugs

Bosch FR7KPP33+7426+50

Im not sure Vince chose these for my VR6 because it’s got a turbo and runs hotter or that’s what he uses on them all, but to be honest I’m not in boost that much and they seem to be pretty good.

The point was to set the up the gap in the plugs a bit with me having the coil pack mod. I upped it from as recommended on the box 0.7mm to 0.75mm. 
On removal the old plugs didn’t look the best but not too bad either. I’d say the new gapping is better another step up, these aren’t massive gains with the coil pack and plugs compared to cleaning the MAF but the ignition side seems proper sorted after yesterday’s 30 mile run. 
Next up crank case breather, another look.