Kempy

Fuel lines replacement

Hello all. Nice to be back. I'm looking to replace a fuel line. The long one under the car on my valver, from the filter to the front of the car. Anyone know where it comes out and what it's connected to? Many thanks Kempy

That's the feed line - comes from the tank to the pump, then to the filter and then to your fuel accumulator.

There should also be a return line that goes straight back to the tank.

• Thanks 1

Cool thanks. I've damaged it getting the car down the drive. Petrol spewing out of it. I've seen parts are a bit easier to get nowadays. It's been a while since I bought anything for it. 

I think the 16v ones are still available new from VW (and they are similar to the 16v Mk2) - check with member @Keyo on here, as he also has a 16v GTI and may be able to help - I remember it coming up in a post before.

Ya that's what I was looking at buying. Just wondered where I'd find it in the bay. But I have a good idea. Would u think be good idea for new bandjos etc too

5 hours ago, Kempy said:

Ya that's what I was looking at buying. Just wondered where I'd find it in the bay. But I have a good idea. Would u think be good idea for new bandjos etc too

Be very lucky to find one as obsolete as a Dodo, the PG block has the same part number with an A on the end of the part number  but looks incorrect for a KR block. Its a good idea to change everything in that area to be honest - Hel Performance   will replicate you one if you send your fuel line to them to copy.  VW Rule member on here might be able to advise you on where you can source one as he knows your engine well in Corrado- he has been quiet on here lately though. 

Hel custom made me some injector lines for my MK2 16V KR early last year so can reccomend.   

Edited by Keyo

Im not 100 percent what fuel line your on a about but this a feed(supply) line connected to your metering head so will connect to the damage pipe . Goes from metering to towards bulk head,  unfortunately the one on Heritage is for most corrado but not for a 9A. VW rule has refurbished this area so is pretty clued up on it - I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped him a PM. 

051133723E

Edited by Keyo

They are injector lines from metering head to each injector and cold start - his on about the main fuel line that runs under car from filter to bulkhead then onto metering head I guess . My video was just to show the quality of Hel work . Also those injector lines are horrible off the shelf as they do not come with the bends manufactured in them and look a mess . If he has damaged the lines by bottoming out I wouldn't be surprised if  the swirl pot under the car is damaged as well because its made of plastic and lower then the fuel lines - KR/9A has such a prehistoric fuel system compared to a VR including x2 pumps- accumulator - cold start - 5th injector - metering head - individual injector lines and more. 

Edited by Keyo

If it was me,I’d probably make them myself.Once you know the fitting sizes, the fittings are all available on line. I made this one,
60baeb19f87d59900ccc60e42eb41fe0.jpg

Teflon lined,with stainless overbraid,

2 minutes ago, dragon green said:

If it was me,I’d probably make them myself.Once you know the fitting sizes, the fittings are all available on line. I made this one,
60baeb19f87d59900ccc60e42eb41fe0.jpg

Teflon lined,with stainless overbraid,

That looks nice how did you pressure test them and what to ? 

I think I know what it goes to on the metering heads. I'll take it off and get one made, one that'll withstand some punishment under the car if possible 

That looks nice how did you pressure test them and what to ? 

They have olives in the fittings, like brake pipes, the hose has burst pressure of 7000psi , I used to put a blanking plug on one end, and a fitting for an air hose on the other,and pump it up with a foot pump to a couple of bar, but through the years, making quite a few, you get used to making them, and touching wood , I haven’t had a leak yet !

Certainly good knowledge to have on how to make them with the majority of the these fuel lines been obsolete. 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, Kempy said:

I'll have to get one made up then. 

Kempy Geri is breaking a 9A. 

the metering head on the car is now gone

kempy is it just where the lines connect to the metering head you need to know?

Afternoon. Sorry went a bit quiet for a bit. I've bought some parts and they will do the job but I deffo need a line from the metering head to the filter as it's snapped. Can I use a length of rubber line from a heritage for example and attach with clips? They have it listed but it's not in stock. Which I think someone had said already. 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kempy said:

Afternoon. Sorry went a bit quiet for a bit. I've bought some parts and they will do the job but I deffo need a line from the metering head to the filter as it's snapped. Can I use a length of rubber line from a heritage for example and attach with clips? They have it listed but it's not in stock. Which I think someone had said already. 

You might have an issue because k-jetronic operates at a higher pressure than electronic fuel injeciton systems, generally around 5.5-6 bar (designed for Messerschmidt engines!) as opposed to 2.5-4.5, so you need to make sure that you source the right kind of fuel hose - that's why all the fuel distributor lines are braided.

So the one goodridge hose isn't quite fitting and I think it's for the unit which has the filter attached to the plastic casing of the pump. I wonder if anyone would be interested in this on its own?

So I've plumbed it all up and it's all working with no leaks. Happy days