faigolfgti

HELP! CORRADO VR6 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT?

Hi! we all know that corrado vr6 brake master cylinder in no more production by ATE Germany and i check with vw parts department the part is obsolete, is it possible to get the brake master cylinder repair kit?
Thank You In Advance.

6 hours ago, faigolfgti said:

Already email to pastparts.co.uk and some other vw parts dealers but no luck! 
Please Help?

Did they say they wouldn't refurbish or that they don't sell the seal kit any more? Would be bad news for the Corrado community if this service wasn't available any more.

Best bet would be to refurbish and then fit a second hand one if you don't want to leave your car without one. Last time I checked earlier this year they were still refurbishing them. I think one of the issues with a seal kit is that unless a cylinder is in good shape, the bore needs to be widened a slight amount as well.

The second hand brake master cylinder in ebay is for parts only need to do refurbish. I email to pastparts and reply from them is don't have the seals or repair kit for sale and don't have stock for the refurbish brake master cylinder. I don't understand why VW obsolete this very important part and use by so many VW (passat vr6, corrado vr6 and mk3 golf vr6).

The problem is that the RHD ABS and m/c are specific to the UK VR6, and only a very small number of other models also RHD, so no more are being manufactured after stocks ran out. They are only used in syncro Passats and Golfs as far as I know, and some Volvos, so not a great pool.

Another option is to retrofit a later Teves 20 system where parts are readily available, or to delete it altogether - although I personally would only go down that route for a track car.

The RHS clutch master cylinder for a VR6 is nearly as hard to get - the engine bay layout is different between RHD/LHD as the pedal box is on a different side.

Certain Volvos have a similar set up with the pedal pos sensor, I’ve often wondered if we could use there servo set up?

1 minute ago, Dox said:

Certain Volvos have a similar set up with the pedal pos sensor, I’ve often wondered if we could use there servo set up?

Not sure, as I've never seen one of the Volvos with the Teves 04 set up in the flesh - but would be interesting - surely at least some of it would come in handy.

I had mine refurbished by pastparts a few months back. I doubt they'd sell the seal kit separately, and they actually said on the phone that they get their seals from Spain which was why mine took so long to be returned. They usually have a few spare refurbished ones in stock and just exchange you unit when received, but apparently quite a few either exchanged or bought them straight over the early lockdown period. 

14 hours ago, Philly-R6 said:

Bigg Red appear to do Repair kits - unsure if they are for our VR6's...

I tried them when mine went last year they don't do a kit for the  abs one 

I ended up finding a second hand one