totallyoriginal

Working Sunroof cassette or parts

Like so many, the N/S slider on my sunroof has snapped.

Does anybody have a working cassette or did anything ever happen about getting somebody to re-manufacture?

Alternatively, I am told that the sunroof repair kits for a Mk 3 Golf are still available from Germany. Are these usable? Part numbers are 1H0 898 019 & 020. Silly prices, but sometimes needs must.....

Thanks

i'm looking to get a broken sunroof for parts so we can get the broken bits made up.  Got one part so far and as soon as we have something i'll post up.  

The armature for the MK3 is different, as the Corrado one has an additional bit on it that raises the inner sunroof trim. The MK3 has a manual sliding inner panel so not required, and you can't do it on the Corrado cassette as it needs to lift up

anyone got a broken sunroof cassette which can be stripped down for parts for remanufacture? 

I was told recently of a few that had just been discarded - I was 1 week too late, they had just gone to the scrapper 😞

4 hours ago, fla said:

anyone got a broken sunroof cassette which can be stripped down for parts for remanufacture? 

I was told recently of a few that had just been discarded - I was 1 week too late, they had just gone to the scrapper 😞

What do you need mate? I’ve got a couple of spares but I think(need to check) they are broken on the usual passenger side

I've just got what I hope is a working cassette from Stevens, so will likely have 2 spare cassettes in various states. I'll know more in a week's time. If I do't need them then happy to strip them down to get the parts for remanufacture.

Yes perfect. Any broken parts which we can machine from steel. Typically the retracting arms on each side. As long as all the broken parts are there it'll be fine. 

The only issue i see is if there are any fitted plastic parts which may be in various states of wear. 

I imagine it will be a longish route to getting everything made up so please bear with me. I think I'd look to machine all components so there are no weak links.

That said, if anyone has a 3d scan of any components already (pls advise on the software used) we could also use that too.

17 hours ago, fla said:

That said, if anyone has a 3d scan of any components already (pls advise on the software used) we could also use that too.

Hi fla, I have a new set of sunroof cables which I bought from VW many years back. I haven't got round to fixing the sunroof as I have larger problems to sort first!

I will loan them to you if it can assist you to make the bits??

Hi Philly, that would be great. Would you mind sending me some pics of the components first?  We can then see which ones we would likely be able to make and then take it from there

Hasan

23 hours ago, fla said:

Would you mind sending me some pics of the components first?  We can then see which ones we would likely be able to make and then take it from there

Here is what I have - I'll send you photos directly.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/877/subcategory/182020/part_id/3695293/lang/e#sec_1

Item 1 - 1h0 898 017a (repair kit for guide for steel sliding roof - left front) & 1h0 898 018a  (repair kit for guide for steel sliding roof - right front)
Item 8 - 1h0 898 014a (guide with cable for steel sliding roof - left and right)
Item 12 - 1h0 898 020 (repair kit for water guide plate for steel sliding roof - left rear) & 1h0 898 019 (repair kit for water guide plate for steel sliding roof right rear)
Item 17 - 1h0 898 151 (gate guide - left) & 1h0 898 151 (gate guide - right)

Apologies to totallyoriginal for hijacking his wanted post.

I'd like to get into the action here, as I too lost my working sunroof recently to the inevitable failure of 90's vintage crappy cast metal parts. In my case I need a Left Cable Assembly 1h0898015a.  I am a novice, but getting up to speed with 3D Printing (Biqu B1), and found this really awesome effort to build a 3D Printable Corrado Parts Database, from some guys over at another forum.   

3D Printable Corrado Parts Database

When it comes to scanning/CAD and printing metal parts for Corrado, I am definitely interested in how feasible/economical this would be.  Found some companies out there like protolabs.com.   

In any case, here's a pic of my broken 1h0898015a.  It is ready for replication !

Broken 1h0898015a

9 hours ago, blottje said:

I'd like to get into the action here, as I too lost my working sunroof recently to the inevitable failure of 90's vintage crappy cast metal parts. In my case I need a Left Cable Assembly 1h0898015a.  I am a novice, but getting up to speed with 3D Printing (Biqu B1), and found this really awesome effort to build a 3D Printable Corrado Parts Database, from some guys over at another forum.   

3D Printable Corrado Parts Database

When it comes to scanning/CAD and printing metal parts for Corrado, I am definitely interested in how feasible/economical this would be.  Found some companies out there like protolabs.com.   

In any case, here's a pic of my broken 1h0898015a.  It is ready for replication !

Broken 1h0898015a

Any part that can be reproduced for us all would be a bonus

Did you check out the Corrado FB pages - I think there is already an effort under way there to reproduce both left and right hand side cable guide brackets? It might save some duplication of effort.