v11boy

New Battery Corrado VR6 1995

Hello All,

Didnt find much on this before buying so thought I’d put this on to be clear/helpful. Bought the biggest in terms of power (and also size!).

Got a new 74Ah Varta Battery - which the eBay add suggested wouldn’t fit.

Link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Varta-E38-Silver-Dynamic-096-100-067-Car-Battery-12V-74AH-574-402-075-/251195095628?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

E38 Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery 74Ah (096 / 100)

it’s massive, 278mm x 175mm x 175mm but it fits. 

Images attached show more dimensions and a shot of the Halfords battery that came out.

Hopefully this will help someone in future!

A15BDB58-2607-48C0-AEFE-9FEB823D0D8B.png

A267270A-1F5F-48A0-A6BE-CA7D1BC734AE.jpeg

C4D4642A-92C4-4CAA-A8B9-D907AD6E6BDD.jpeg

I have that one too. Quality unit and certainly helps it start. If you need a fabric battery cover for that size, they are still available as I got that to help keep it looking original.

Great choice 👍

15 hours ago, Cressa said:

I have that one too. Quality unit and certainly helps it start. If you need a fabric battery cover for that size, they are still available as I got that to help keep it looking original.

Great choice 👍

Didn’t realise the covers were available! Do you have details of part No and where they were purchased from please?

Thanks!!

I use a Bosch S4 Silver size 004, smaller than what you have but more than enough to start the VR6. I think you'll find a big difference between Halfrauds own far-east brand and an established battery maker such as Bosch or Varta.

The covers come in different sizes and materials from VAG, or if you search eBay there's a few on there as well. Nothing like keeping your battery nice and cosy in the winter! Watch out when buying them as most are made to fit with the battery terminal posts closer to the bonnet, not at the back as on the Corrado.

I have the E38 battery as well, and it is a solid unit. Got it after getting fed up of multiple Halfords batteries going flat, and then not charging. Didn't realise it was that much larger though! 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:40 PM, fendervg said:

I use a Bosch S4 Silver size 004, smaller than what you have but more than enough to start the VR6. I think you'll find a big difference between Halfrauds own far-east brand and an established battery maker such as Bosch or Varta.

The covers come in different sizes and materials from VAG, or if you search eBay there's a few on there as well. Nothing like keeping your battery nice and cosy in the winter! Watch out when buying them as most are made to fit with the battery terminal posts closer to the bonnet, not at the back as on the Corrado.

Thanks for that, battery jacket ordered from eBay 👍

On 4/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, v11boy said:

Didn’t realise the covers were available! Do you have details of part No and where they were purchased from please?

Thanks!!

S1K0915411B £22 back in 2016. My be helpful to others, as i just came across this