Stone0311

Road Tax Petition

That's the way it already is here in Ireland - car needs to be 30 years or older for classic tax status, this was upped from 25 about then years ago. Up to that age you pay full tax, which is a killer on larger engined ones like the VR.

Insurance here will treat a car as a classic from 20-25 years old depending on the company, but the policies are pretty restrictive.

Im sorry this petition is floored because of the brief daft reason given . 

Last thing we need is  unexperienced youngsters without modern safety aids and lacking experience writing off these cars - all to common. I mean they cant afford to run them either - they will just daily them in most cases. My mate just purchased back a MK3 to rescue it and the kid couldn't afford to run it and basically near as damn destroyed the car in 2 years with bodge jobs and 30k of salty roads. 

Its a shame more valid reasons were not put forward - just looks like an excuse for youngsters to try and get cheap classic car insurance. 

I would like the Goverment to do this as it will help young motoring enthusiasts afford classic cars.

Edited by Keyo