Ronan

ANOTHER "I'm back...maybe" thread...

It's been over 10 years since I owned my Tornado Red G60 (I think a few members benefitted from my mistakes with this car 😞  ) and now after many years, and a new coutnry (now living in Germany) I'm looking to get another Corrado as I have unfinished business!

You'd think there would be many more Corrado's here.....you'd also be very wrong.  The prices are insane.  However, I've found a couple of possibilities, and going to see one on Sunday.  However, since I am "new" and can only post in here, I wanted to get some thoughts on how bad this looks....I gor lucky with mine in that I didn't have any rust around the filler cap but this looks like it could be a big job.  Are we looking at €1k+ of work here to cut out, replace, and spray?

corrado rust.jfif

That does not look to bad to be honest as normally there are holes now,

it is behind that where the serious rot could possibly be along with the fuel tank support bracket

Unfortunately you will need to remove the rubber boot and fuel tank to investigate - seller might not be too keen on this.

What prices are being asked for corrados in Germany?

Hmm. Decided not to go and see this one as I'm not keen on the amount of work that could be there. Also, that car is completely standard, 140k miles with another huge patch of rust on the boot lid, and they're asking for 7.8k. 

They cost a fair bit but on the bright side you see some very well factory spec cars out there many with recaro and centre gauges - I mean if you pay cheap you will get a bigger bill in the long run then buying a sorted one - that is the classic car world for you. Body work is the killer and cost - engine rebuilds costly to . 

What the heck is that up by the Sunroof?? 😳

Nice bit of a project though.  Let us know what it is like in the flesh

Ronan, can I PM you some question about the German ebay please ?

Cressa 

11 hours ago, Cressa said:

Ronan, can I PM you some question about the German ebay please ?

Cressa 

ebay kleinanzeigen is not actually normal ebay it is the equivalent of gumtree on the basis that there are no seller costs - it does have more fraudsters on there - however there is nothing stopping you asking for the sellers email and paying by paypal for an item (not friends and family) - your biggest issue is getting them to accept paypal and shipping to the UK - from my experience this website has the rarest German car parts in the world.  I got my VSR off there and also recaro seats - you find France , Spain, Netherlands - advertise on there to because Germany has many towns that are not to a far drive from these other countries. My VSR was from France but advertised on there. 

It is very good for reasonable priced classic vag brochures and steering wheels, alloys to. 

Edited by Keyo

11 hours ago, Cressa said:

That mod conceals a hamster in a roll wheel the mechanically opens the sunroof 

13 hours ago, Cressa said:

I thought the same! Bizarre. 

Unfortunately I got a message late last night to say he's decided to keep the car, shame as there was a lot of engine work done, but back to the hunt! 

@CressaI don't know if Keyo answered your questions, if not then ask away

Does anyone know much about the "Exclusive" edition?  I'd never heard of them - did we have them back in the UK?

Seems like they had every available option....

Never heard of that. Certainly not mentioned in a 95 sales brochure that I have.  

51 minutes ago, Ronan said:

I thought the same! Bizarre. 

Unfortunately I got a message late last night to say he's decided to keep the car, shame as there was a lot of engine work done, but back to the hunt! 

@CressaI don't know if Keyo answered your questions, if not then ask away

If it was meant to be, then the right car will turn up.

As the German ebay, I have tried to buy a few items,  actually a steering wheel being the latest item. It seems that no-one really wants to ship to England. I know we had Brexit but I'm sure the border wall isnt too high. People manage to get across the water!!!

I have a guy looking into shipping but it seems impossible.  Is it really that difficult? Or is there a better way to get my Corrado present?

What we need is a reputable 3rd party in Germany to help 😊🤣

Germans are picky in general when it comes to shipping.  I wouldn't mind actually sorting it for you, but then you might end up paying twice to have it sent back.  Where in Germany is the steering wheel?

RE: the Exclusiv Edition, seems like there were only 1,419 in total and 500 of them G60's: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/VW_Corrado#Modellvarianten

But with VW, who knows.  I'll find out when I see this one next weekend....

From my experience Germans dont like Paypal as they dont like taking risks and paypal is in the buyers favour - there only issue is that the UK ans USA market are willing to pay more for the rare parts- there are a few sellers that have trust in greater man . 

There is a zander g60 at a scrapers over there with BBS Lm - could only dream of a breakers like that over here.  

Edited by Keyo

You only have to look at the Eurovision Song Contest to know we’re the most hated country in Europe and have been for decades, Brexit was another slap in the face for them.

we export music world wide, one of the biggest in the world, but E S C is a popularity contest and it shows how hated we are.

49 minutes ago, Cressa said:

If it was meant to be, then the right car will turn up.

As the German ebay, I have tried to buy a few items,  actually a steering wheel being the latest item. It seems that no-one really wants to ship to England. I know we had Brexit but I'm sure the border wall isnt too high. People manage to get across the water!!!

I have a guy looking into shipping but it seems impossible.  Is it really that difficult? Or is there a better way to get my Corrado present?

What we need is a reputable 3rd party in Germany to help 😊🤣

Here is a rare votex one out of the 92 vag accessory brochure under corrado 

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/porsche-944-924-964-993-atiwe-lenkrad-sportlenkrad-mit-nabe-votex/1781204717-223-3242

I was trying one month to get this rare gti version its the same as the audi 80 votex version but also did it for the GTI- no joy after 3 weeks emailing would only acceot bank transfer and when I tried bank asked for address and he would not give it. 

gtii.jpg

17 minutes ago, Keyo said:

From my experience Germans dont like Paypal as they dont like taking risks and paypal is in the buyers favour - there only issue is that the UK ans USA market are willing to pay more for the rare parts- there are a few sellers that have trust in greater man . 

There is a zander g60 at a scrapers over there with BBS Lm - could only dream of a breakers like that over here.  

Where??? You got a link?? 

2 minutes ago, Ronan said:

Where??? You got a link?? 

Only if you get me that steering wheel mucker to UK- ha only joking here you go mate. Its a breakers car as mentioned and I dont think the side skirts are zender or they are a different version of the skirt im aware of.

.  https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bodykit-orginal-zender-fuer-corrado/1454662112-223-21594

14 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Only if you get me that steering wheel mucker to UK- ha only joking here you go mate. Its a breakers car as mentioned and I dont think the side skirts are zender or they are a different version of the skirt im aware of.

.  https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/bodykit-orginal-zender-fuer-corrado/1454662112-223-21594

That steering wheel isn't anywhere near me, but I can definitely sort out postage to me if you want it.  It's not a problem at all - I benefitted from this forum many times 10 years ago so I'm happy to return the favour.  Let me know if you want me to sort it.

Argh, I checked the link and it's just the bodykit they're getting rid of, I definitely would have picked up a set of LM's!

I've looked at that yellow one a few times but the colour isn't at all for me.  The red one is over my budget.

This is the one I'm seeing next week - not mint by any stretch, but only 130k (kilometres), full leather heated recaros, and apparently a limited edition.  Also, pretty much full service history, from a VW garage and totally standard engine.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-corrado-1-8-g60-exklusiv-mit-recaro-129-tkm-oldtimer/1798298947-216-5410

Edited by Ronan

12 minutes ago, Ronan said:

That steering wheel isn't anywhere near me, but I can definitely sort out postage to me if you want it.  It's not a problem at all - I benefitted from this forum many times 10 years ago so I'm happy to return the favour.  Let me know if you want me to sort it.

Argh, I checked the link and it's just the bodykit they're getting rid of, I definitely would have picked up a set of LM's!

I've looked at that yellow one a few times but the colour isn't at all for me.  The red one is over my budget.

This is the one I'm seeing next week - not mint by any stretch, but only 130k (kilometres), full leather heated recaros, and apparently a limited edition.  Also, pretty much full service history, from a VW garage and totally standard engine.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-corrado-1-8-g60-exklusiv-mit-recaro-129-tkm-oldtimer/1798298947-216-5410

Thanks for the offer chap but Im building a garage this year and just sold a 911 to raise capital  and also kerbing spending on rare  parts - I had this nos Nardi Fittipaldi  tucked away and I fitted today on the Mk2 and happy . 

Don’t get me wrong when this garage is built I’m sure I will be beckoning your offer cheers . 👍

45C99177-0DD6-4C7E-8430-86F1CA727A8B.jpeg

20CEA226-930D-4A72-9DC4-D7FD3465E331.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Ronan said:

That is a nice project, with great History. Love those Recaro seats 👍

I'll PM you a link to this steering wheel, see what you think

The big question now is....

Who will you want to win at the Euros.. Germany or England,

Hmmmm 😂 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿