ABV-VR6

Clutch fork lever

Yet, another NLA part... I've bought the last one (02J141719B) of a seller on ebay and they just let me know 5 weeks later that the part is damaged and they won't be shipping it... I wanted an OEM one but now I can't find it... 

Any recommendations for me? What do you guys uses? Cheers! 

All I see available is JP group or Topran and I think those are on the cheap side no? 

No help in sourcing one, but did you know you can reinforce the fork by welding a plate to the unflat side. 

I think your part number has been succeeded have you tried your local VW dealer ? 

Compatible list. 

This looks the latest one. 

• OEN 02J 141 719C — VW check with dealer it fits should cost £20 pounds odd. 

• OEN 02J 141 719A — SKODA
  • OEN 02J 141 719B — SKODA
  • OEN 02J 141 719C — SKODA
  • OEN 02J 141 719 — VW
  • OEN 02J 141 719A — VW
  • OEN 02J 141 719B — VW
  • OEN 02J 141 719C — VW
Edited by Keyo

Thanks Keyo, I took the part number on 7ZAP. I was not aware if the part was succeeded... I did ask my dealer and he said NLA, usually he would offer me if there was a replacement. So you think the "C" would do it? 

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Thanks Keyo, I took the part number on 7ZAP. I was not aware if the part was succeeded... I did ask my dealer and he said NLA, usually he would offer me if there was a replacement. So you think the "C" would do it? 

Im 90 percent sure but best ask your dealer .to be 100 percent - etka has a few superseded part numbers for fork for corrado but may not have updated  the c number on etka.  

Says fits here in USA. Might look slightly different 

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/02J141719C.htm?pn=02J-141-719-C-VAG&SVSVSI=VWA2&DID=15009

Edited by Keyo

Thank you for your time Keyo. I gave emailed VW dealer again, he's on vacation and will be back Monday, then I'll know for sure if it's straight bolt on or another parts needs replacing as you mentioned. 

That reinforced one looks good! But really, for my application I don't think I would need that right? More for turbo or stage 2 and up clutches? 

4 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Thank you for your time Keyo. I gave emailed VW dealer again, he's on vacation and will be back Monday, then I'll know for sure if it's straight bolt on or another parts needs replacing as you mentioned. 

That reinforced one looks good! But really, for my application I don't think I would need that right? More for turbo or stage 2 and up clutches? 

Quite right you shouldn’t need a reinforced one. I was saying that in case your only option was a topran or other inferior quality item. I’ve read something that said mk2,3,4 golf and the Corrado are the same, have you a breakers near by so you could compare yours with the others. 
What’s up with your original one by the way. 

Thanks Shaun, your point is totally valid and I would definitely go for a reinforced one before Topran or jp group. Nothing's wrong with it, I think! But it's old and I'm replacing everything with new stuff so I figured I should change that as well...

Im curious to hear back from the dealer on Monday! Thank you! 

5 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Thanks Shaun, your point is totally valid and I would definitely go for a reinforced one before Topran or jp group. Nothing's wrong with it, I think! But it's old and I'm replacing everything with new stuff so I figured I should change that as well...

Im curious to hear back from the dealer on Monday! Thank you! 

Im only saying ask dealer so they are responsible- although many part staff I come across seem to be not very fluent at navigating etka or cross refrencing - same at Ford i have been known to take over their computer as I have been told they cant get something in the past because they have been to lazy to investigate and Order it in from TPS when I know for a fact its available.It does not bother them you made the effort to drive down there- I now use VW Straford Upon Avon not my local dealer in Birmingham  because of this because the parts staff are well trained with a can do attitude. 

Its also worth trying audi, seat , skoda if the part is obsolete  at VW because they do have different warehouses and have had success with picking up the last parts left from the other sister companies. Seat are the best group I have dealt with - the parts guy wont take money off me for bolts. 

If you click the icon next to part number on etka it shows you all the cars that the part number came on within the whole vag range.  Also worth noting some parts are shared with Porsche (mainly bolts and plugs)  and they have always been priced cheaper then vag group from my experience. 

Edited by Keyo

As clutches age the pressure plates make them heavier and heavier, if you're replacing the clutch with standard issue and there's no cracks in the original fork mine would be re used.

Better a used Germanically engineered unit than a new Chineesium sourced item?

7 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im only saying ask dealer so they are responsible- although many part staff I come across seem to be not very fluent at navigating etka or cross refrencing - same at Ford i have been known to take over their computer as I have been told they cant get something in the past because they have been to lazy to investigate and Order it in from TPS when I know for a fact its available.It does not bother them you made the effort to drive down there- I now use VW Straford Upon Avon not my local dealer in Birmingham  because of this because the parts staff are well trained with a can do attitude. 

Its also worth trying audi, seat , skoda if the part is obsolete  at VW because they do have different warehouses and have had success with picking up the last parts left from the other sister companies. Seat are the best group I have dealt with - the parts guy wont take money off me for bolts. 

If you click the icon next to part number on etka it shows you all the cars that the part number came on within the whole vag range.  Also worth noting some parts are shared with Porsche (mainly bolts and plugs)  and they have always been priced cheaper then vag group from my experience. 

I agree, better be safe than sorry... I'm not surprised to read your story. I don't know what happened to customer service and also these days it's hard to find someone who is willing to do the extra step. I wish I could do the drive but I live on a small island in the Pacific, it's a day trip and a ferry away so unfortunately I have to rely on internet for most things... Cheers! 

5 hours ago, Dox said:

As clutches age the pressure plates make them heavier and heavier, if you're replacing the clutch with standard issue and there's no cracks in the original fork mine would be re used.

Better a used Germanically engineered unit than a new Chineesium sourced item?

OMG you're funny and well said! Ha haa! I'm replacing the clutch and flywheel with standard Satchs yes. If I can't find a proper replacement then it will go back before Topran you can be sure. I just though it should be changed while at it, it's old and don't they bend a little over time? 

They can crack, but should have an easier time with a new clutch assembly.

im not a fan of changing “this / that / the other whilst there” as repro parts are often inferior to the original.

10 minutes ago, Dox said:

They can crack, but should have an easier time with a new clutch assembly.

im not a fan of changing “this / that / the other whilst there” as repro parts are often inferior to the original.

I totally agree, that's why I wanted the oem one. And it's 26 years old after all, I'm sure it seen better time. But lime I said, if I can't find an oem replacement, it's going back! Cheers