buttles

Roof/Windscreen Clips

Hi, has anybody got any of these? 535 853 382A 03C

They are the clips at the top of the screen. Not sure how many are fitted?? Everywhere says Obsolete and Autoglass won't accept the job without them. Are they reuseable or do they break on screen removal?

Thanks for any advise to get this job done

If you are on Facebook  look up the Corrado Graveyard. He's got a few shells there. Should have some clips.

Just a moment. These are scuttle clips. You sure you have the right part numbers? These can only be broken when the scuttle panel is removed. They have no impact on the top and sides. Are not used there. And they have absolutely no impact on the seal provided by a new windscreen. You need to get Autoglass to get the point that these particular clips are irrelevant to the windscreen's seal. Now if they cannot find the top trim and side trim thats a different  matter.

If you cannot find the clips locally, contact Sprinter53 on this forum. He's in Germany and makes them himself. Not cheap, but hey!

Edited by Bruno

Thanks Bruno, I'm told the scuttle clips are available, even from VW. These are along the top of the screen I'm told!

Trying to get Autoglass to think sideways is not happening....

I'll get in touch with Sprinter, Ta

I've had to bang heads with Autoglass before. Bit of advice. If the handler or tech gives you a problem, call and ask for customer support, explaining the problem. Make them sit up.

When you change the windscreen it is important, at the same time, to replace the top and side trims, otherwise the A pillar will be subjected to rust damage - and that can kill your car. Autoglass can get hold of the trims, but if not, here is one OEM set with an Ebay seller: VW CORRADO 1989-1996 WINDSCREEN MOULDING TRIM SET INNER LEFT, RIGHT, TOP + OUTER 5055516818170 | eBay  

Along the top and sides, there are spacers which are used to centre the screen and make sure it sits flat on three bonded borders. Autoglass should have these on the van, because all 1990s VWs, Fords used these spacers. And yes, VAG garages have these by the boxload. However the screens and top/side trims are rare now. This thread will help you understand:

Which windscreen ??? - Car Care - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)

Where in the country are you? The windscreen is a pig of a job for the windscreen fitter.

There are no clips on the top of the windscreen! So not 100% sure on what you need. And purchasing an encapsulated windscreen this would come with the top trim fitted. Then a separate bag comes with the side trims and seals.

As Bruno says  you wont get the scuttle trim clips from VW but these are only needed for fitting the lower trim. It would be a good idea to replace them all at the same time (10 I think) 

The wedges which are a MUST when fitting the windscreen ensure that it sits evenly and positions it correctly for the lower trim and stop it sliding down. Also ensuring it is the correct height at the top to seal. My 1st fitter didnt use my wedges and totally messed up the fitting which meant it had to come out again.

If you could.......

•Have the windscreen removed one day

•Repaint the damage they cause when the old one is cut out/ deal with any rust you find

•Let it all fully dry/ cure properly

•Then a few days later get the windscreen put in USING WEDGES

None if the above is ideal, but if you love your Corrado then you will be glad you did it this way.

I do have a trim set somewhere if you are desperate, but not the top top seal. No scuttle trim clips though.

Good luck 👍

Thanks both......as you can tell I'm fighting this blind. I'm in East Surrey. I was advised there were some 'top' clips but not too sure now!!

These are the clips which Autoglass say they can't source but are needed ...https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/clip-priced-each-no-longer-available/535853832a03c/

Autoglass say they have everything else

If anybody can shed some light?

Thanks

They ARE the scuttle trim clips. They fit below the windscreen and help secure the black plastic trim below the windscreen in place.  

As Bruno suggested, contact Sprinter on here and there are others that 3d print these and advertise on that dirty facebook thing 🤣.

Luvverly, thanks. Not knowing and no access to the parts diagram I was a tad baffled!! Are there 6 of them?

Update...Corrado Graveyard is going to try and get some off without breaking them!! See how we get on!

Edited by buttles

So you can visualise it, the parts page is: 1995 Volkswagen Corrado Europe market: Body Window glasses (oemepc.com)

You can see the positioning wedges as item 16.
The ebay item gets you items 11, 12, 13, and 14.

I think the part number you supplied is item 14 here: 1995 Volkswagen Corrado Europe market: Body Radiator grille air guide grille (oemepc.com)
I've only ever seen these broken, so don't really know how these fit to the three trim parts...

Thanks for the diagrams. The clips I gather are to secure the scuttle. Which is I think the bit most just glue on?!!0

9 minutes ago, buttles said:

Thanks for the diagrams. The clips I gather are to secure the scuttle. Which is I think the bit most just glue on?!!0

Glue on....snap off. Definitely worth using the proper clips. I had forgotten that they push into the grommet 14A which I believe is still available. Protects your paintwork.

Cressa is right. Best not to replace the windscreen in the same day. It is likely that the A frame will be damaged. Best to have it removed, the A pillars examined, repaired if needed, then an encapsulated screen installed with fresh top and side seals. Oh yes, the clips too.