Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

crappy roof 'drain' channels

why are they so crap on the corrado?

ok so its been raining all day but now you've come out of work and the sun's shining.. 8) you open the windows abit, turn out of your parking space and then a cascade of water runs right over the roof channels, straight through your window and right onto the electric window switches - GREAT DESIGN VW !!!!

This continues every time you brake, pull away or corner, until the roof is completely dry!

Never had these problems with my mk2 :wink:

Even worse when youi have just washed and chamoised the car down... looking peachy then you drive to end of road and you can a lovely streak down door from the roof rails draining its water.... not too mention on the rear bumper too....

Does my head in that! :mad:

A20LEE has solved this problem on his he's got rid of the gutters 8)

i saw it at tatton park and didnt notice it at first looks better without them imo

you think that's a crap design..... on the audi coupe, the rear spoiler is like a huge tea tray. On the flat, it probably holds about a litre and a half of rain!!

And what happens when you try to open the boot ? yup - all that water gushes round the side & into the boot!

Genius...... was someone 'off ill' the day they designed that bit?????

LOL!

I'm glad its not just me who hates this design then for the exact same reasons.. putting down the window, and then when going down a hill or braking a load of water just pi$$es in through the window all over the electric switches and over your arm if its propped in the wrong place.. i've quite often just sat swearing in my car when its done that. Oddly I don't remeber it happening at all on my last Corrado... unless my memory is just really sketchy?!

With regards to washing the car, I have to move my car once its washed to back out of the front of the house.. so I always park it up and have my chamois with me to catch all the little leaks and dribbles that come out once the motor has moved - the roof drains are always big culprits!!

Not as bad as when you polish the car, overnight it rains, lots of beaded water on roof. Next morning sun comes out....lovely I'll open the sunroof. First set of traffic lights, brakes on, loads of water down the back of the neck....lovely :roll: :lol:

Yep agreed, pretty annoying these water leaks and being a smoker, I have to wait for the water to clear before I can light up, most annoying!

Have you also noticed how the inner wings drip water onto the air box and also how the water trapped under the spoiler finds it's way into the boot when you lift the tailgate?

Coupes..... you gotta love em :lol: At least the Corrado has an internally sliding sunroof (when it works) unlike the Calibra and a few other coupes that slide externally and look like the car has sprouted a flat cap or something......

Coupes..... you gotta love em :lol: At least the Corrado has an internally sliding sunroof (when it works) unlike the Calibra and a few other coupes that slide externally and look like the car has sprouted a flat cap or something......

:lol: I hadn't realised that, that's pretty funny. Although I bet they're easier to fix :roll:

Yep, I think the Cougar has an internally sliding roof but it's not even in the same league as the Corrado, so barely worth mentioning! Look at Calibra next time you see one and check that big appendage loitering without intent on the roof!

being a calibra,,, which is a bit of a tarts mobile anyways i think the sunroof is designed this way to notify other road users that the sunroof is open LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

and i`ve seen wind tunnel pics somewhere (here??) looked like the spoiler makes a difference.... as if i`d know!!!! :wink:

think that was the one I posted a while back... but let's not go there again! :lol: 8)