Sign in to follow this  
16VG60

JMR FRONT ENGINE MOUNTS

Allong with a colleague of mine and the manufacturing skills of my usual engineering works, i am able now to offer solid alloy front engine mounts to fit the four cylinder engined Corrado and Golf derrivatives. These items have been available for a little while now, and the feedback from my customers has proven the mount to be excellent in service. These mounts are a direct swap for the existing item and offer far superior engine movement control in particular for cars with improved output. There are no problems encountered with harshness in take up of drive or indeed with vibration, remember the front brace onto which the mount is fitted, is itself rubber mounted to the chassis. With other options in this area costing up to £135 i think the JMR asking price of £70 represents great value for money. I offer these in either the alloy finnish or they can be blue annodised for £10 extra. I will try to put up some pics to illustrate these new JMR solid alloy front engine mounts ASAP.

front engine mount was easy to change!!! heck...even I did it myself :roll:

I have to say....the VT mount causes absolutely no noticable extra vibration and i have it on good authority from John at JMR and a few of the customers he has suplied the mounts to that his Solid mounts cause minimal extra vibration aswell.

Also...When i was asking John about engine mounts for my car he offered to fit his own solid mount to my car...and at he knew mine was a vr6 so i assume he has the vr6 ones available aswell

Nice one, could be one of them on the list then.

Not wanting to go OT but did you ever get a reply back about possible oil cooler GB?

I've bought one of the solid mounts off JMR, looks the business and certainly tightens things up front, almost necessity for anyone wishing to prevent fractures in a one piece manifold/ downpipe.

You might also want to consider the powerflex cross member bushes to replace the VERY squishy standard fitments to further reduce engine rock.

You might also want to consider the powerflex cross member bushes to replace the VERY squishy standard fitments to further reduce engine rock.

have you got more info about this???

@Storm

If you have any dimensions, or a drawing of some sort, I could have a go at making a few. I have a few bits of duralumin laying about in my lab, so could have a quick go.

P.S. I'm not wanting to steal any business or hijack this thread. It's just that 16vG60 is usually well busy.

Cheeky Bar Steward :shock: , ten out of ten for bare faced cheek. I know mimicry is supposed to be a complimentary facet, but i think your suggestion is more allong the lines of taking the p***s :-P . It's very kind of you to offer your assistance with regard to production of these mounts, but i allready have an engineer who does this job to my satifaction. Furthermore i have stock of these mounts and a plentifull replenishment service upon their sale. Lastly your touching concern for my busy lifestyle is truly moving, it may put you at ease to know that i am quite capable of dealing with my business commitments, and your offer to relieve my ill percieved stress by copying my latest product will, with all due respect, not be required. Apollogies if this sounds edgy but i have had my ideas and products stolen from under me before and the wound takes along time to heal.

Oh dear 16VG60, Humble pie may have to be eaten here......

"It's very kind of you to offer your assistance with regard to production of these mounts, but i allready have an engineer who does this job to my satifaction. Furthermore i have stock of these mounts" 16VG60

If you take a look at Storms initial request it was for some door pins and not an engine mount as per your product.

Oh well thats life, all good fun :) Keep up ya good work

Yeah.. John I can understand you wanting to defend your products and rightly so, but he was offering to make parts for the broken door handles, not make replicas of your engine mounts! :)

Sorry to cause offence John, but I was talking about the door parts.

This was only going to be done in some spare time at work as a favour and to see if I could do it, with some spare material I have. I have no disire at all to start stealing your's or anyone elses business or ideas. Anonther thing is, I doubt that with the properties duralumin has, it would make a good solid engine mount. (I'm a fracture and fatigue technician, so get to brake various metals everyday).

The thought of the making an engine mount, never crossed my mind. I don't have the knowlegde or enough time to make one, never mind a batch. Hence why I'm always mailing people about parts and advice for on what to get and how best to tune my G60.

If you remember on the Sticky, for your custom made products above, I was enquiring about buying one. At the minute my car is having some pre MOT work and I think the mount is gone, hence why I might want a new up-rated one.

Hope this doesn't affect my possible purchase of one?

I wouldn't imagine so - I think John will realise the misunderstanding! :)

with my business commitments, and your offer to relieve my ill percieved stress by copying my latest product will, with all due respect, not be required. .

Says the man that copied my Lupo rear wiper modification :p