Sign in to follow this  
16VG60

JMR FRONT ENGINE MOUNTS

Hi Rack,

:oops: :oops: :oops: I offer you an unreserved appology for my earlier comment which it would appear was made in error. I have made the mistake of reading your text and believing it to make reference to the thread topic. This indeed has been done by a number of my forum colleagues locally. I stand corrected however, and hope you will accept my appology as a genuine gesture of reconciliation.

Can I get cheaper engine mounts for noticing your errors :| In seriousness can you pm me about prices for all 3 mounts, my engine is jumping out of the bonnet as we speak.

No probs at all John. On my part I should have probably PM'd storm about it.

Anyway, I'll be finding out soon if the engine mount needs replacing so will be possibly purchasing one.

At present JMR mounts are restricted to the front mount only, and to be honest in the majority of cases this is the only one requiring to be upgraded. I have found that by fitting a JMR mount to the front and new original VW mounts to the rear and gearbox the engine is superbly braced and able to deal with torque control more than adequately. VR6 front mounts are still under developement and will hopefully be available soon.

Do you require an appology to then Kev? :-P I thought that it was more a matter of symetry, and natural progression to put a matching wiper on the rear. If you indeed were the first to carry out this mod then i salute you sir :salute:

vwDubs, details have been PM'd to you as requested.

Would it be possible to have a show of hands as to who might be interested in a VR6 solid alloy front engine mount, for simillar money as the 16V / G60 front mounts? It would be useful for me to gauge the size of my first production run.

bloody ell...

Mount.sized.jpg

looks just like EIP's solid front mount!!!!

great minds think alike??

mind you at 70 dollars each, wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a batch at discount save on the exchange rate. machine there logo off the face and still come in at that price with profit?

hi has anyone got one of these mounts fitted any if so does it create much vibrations,as my down pipe now seems to be leaking slightly and before i replace it i would like to stiffen the engine first.

Hi Brian,

As you are so near to me why not take the oportunity to call in and experience the performance characteristics of this mount on your Corrado. It does not take long to fit and i am sure that you will not be disapointed. As said earlier the crossmember on which the mount sits is itself rubber mounted, so unwanted vibration can not be a cause for concern.

These mounts have been going like hot cakes, thanks for your interest. The VR6 mount should be available in the near future, i will keep you posted.

Ok my two cents:

I had have one of JMR's mounts put on my C about a month and a half ago. All I can say is that I am extremely happy with it. The difference between the before and after is quite amazing. I can only say if you are in the market for a front engine mount you would be silly not to take a second look at a JMR one. I would recommend them without a second thought! :D

Timo, hopefully not long to wait now. Watch this space for further info, on the JMR alloy VR6 front mounts.

apart from holding the engine stable what other advantages are there to these mounts,just wondering because i dont know wether its just the 20v engine or not but i dont seem to get a lot of engine movement :?:

hi has anyone got one of these mounts fitted any if so does it create much vibrations,as my down pipe now seems to be leaking slightly and before i replace it i would like to stiffen the engine first.

i have fitted one of these mounts recently and cannot fault what it has done to the car ,the engine stays nice and tight at all times ,even under hard exeleration,there is a small amount more vibration but nothing much, i changed from a vibratec mount to this and the diffrence is awsome,and at less than half the price of the vibratec its got to be good.

can only praise john for his service

regards kevin

are there any dangers of using a solid mount? could you get stress fractures over time if not and all is safe sod the VT mount ill take one of yours mate how do i go about doing this??

are there any dangers of using a solid mount? could you get stress fractures over time if not and all is safe sod the VT mount ill take one of yours mate how do i go about doing this??
i found this mount much better than my vt mount ,engine still moved quite a bit with the vt ,but its nice and tight with one of johns

The crossmember to which the front engine mount fits, is itself rubber mounted to thre chassis, therefore there is sufficient compliance inbuilt to prevent such dangers as stress fracturing. These mounts do offer a genuine improvement to engine stability and the tranfer of drive to the wheels. If any of you wish to proceed with a purchase send me a PM with your requirements.

do powerflex do a cross member kit?

Yes they do. Got them on my VR. They're twice as stiff as OE ones. I wouldn't really use them with a solid mount personally, but it's up to you!

I agree with Kevin on this point ref using Powerflex bushes with my JMR Alloy front mount. This would be overkill and totally unwarranted. The idea behind using this mount is for it to be offered up as a straight swap, that will work in harmony with the other OE components. By all means however it would be acceptable to replace these bushes for new OEM parts, if change is required.

time to bring this tread back i think!

16VG60, did u ever get round to makin some vr front mounts?

and has anyone had one fitted, as i need a new mount for when i fit my schrick-and i dont really want to pay 120 notes for a VT one!?