Sign in to follow this  
16VG60

JMR FRONT ENGINE MOUNTS

Am a bit concerned about the front mount I have fitted to my G60. I have heard that on a couple of occasions, people have had these front mounts fail on them resulting in damage to bodywork etc. I have currently got one of these fitted to my G60 and was wondering if there are any alternativs or if there is any more info about what exactly happened in tn instancs where these mounts supplied have indeed failed ?

Cheers

I had a JMR front mount fitted for 45,000 miles with no issues whatsoever, I did follow the advice of John though and have all the mounts replaced. Replacing just one is asking for trouble - you wouldn't replace just one spring or one brake disc would you!

I've binned my Solid front engine mount. When I fitted it I had all my other mounts replaced including the subframe bushes It managed to tear 3 brackets that bolt it to the front of the engine.

On one occasion it tore it completely in 2 resulting in the engine falling forward!!! The only thing that stopped it going to far was the inlet manifold fell against the strut brace. But in doing so it kicked a number of vacuum pipes resulting in me having NO brakes!!! In my car that wasn't funny!!!!!

I won't be using one again!!!!!!

Instead I have an uprated front engine mount!

I'm still running my JMR solid front mount and have had no problems over 30K+.... I did replace all the rubbers on the front subframe and both rear mounts when I fitted it though... 8)