Sign in to follow this  
NormanCoal

Suspension geometry

I need to know the standard figures inc the +- for the camber and toe on the front end of a VR Corrado please

Just fitted my Koni/eibach combo and desperately need to get it adjusted up. The ride is tremendously better (knackered rear shocks) but the handling is a bit skewy at the moment

Ta

Chris

right going by the V.A.G 1813 wheel alignment figures that Star-Performance used on mine 2 1/2 years ago

Front

Camber.................left/right ...........-1o20' +/- 0o20'

Toe........................left/right............+0o00' +/- 0o05'

A bit extra camber does wonders for the handling at the expense of tyre wear. Ive just had mine set to -1o50

A bit extra camber does wonders for the handling at the expense of tyre wear. Ive just had mine set to -1o50

Yeah - I have a little extra camber too :rambo:

A degree or so will improve cornering & won't make any difference to tyre wear. :wink:

you really don't want to know what my cambers are set to! :? :oops: :lol: Lets just say she turns into corners well... ;) :lol:

Have you got it as far as the bolts will allow Henny?

This tricks normally works well on a mk2 Golf, the diameter of the bolts is 1mm thicker, so you get about 1.5 neg, but with the plus axle 18mm bolts I look to have well over 2 degrees neg

Fantastic turn in even if the tracking isnt quite right

Getting it sorted on Friday afternoon

How about adding some more neg camber at the rear by shimming the bottom two stub axle bolts? The track at the rear is 10mm narrower than the front, so there shouldn't be any 'skating' as a result.....

That is one of the development idea I shall be trying out on my track orientated car once I get it up and running - been wanting to try that out for ages

The extra front camber might sort the "tramlining" if a 4-cylinder C running 17" wheels. Steve, how did you mange to reset it - the bolts don't allow fro a lot of adjustment on the 4-cylinder models?

Kev, VW do shims to adjust both rear toe and camber - I have one on one side of the VR6...

Mike Edwards, Camber was set by Kevin Quigley Motor Services, here in Birmingham. Maybe I have thinner bolts than standard - I have approx 4-5 degrees of adjustment in either direction (brand new Sachs/Boge shockers). This is why I had way too much camber & my wheels were rubbing on the inner wheelarches, until I had the 4-wheel alignment done.

Mike Edwards, any idea how much the shims change the alignement by? Ive a bit too much toe out at the back right and could probably do with some.