daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Another victim - my passenger side door handle has just gone :(

Are you still offering to fit these? would rather have someone that knows what they are doing fitting it rather than me bluffing my way through it (am not far away from Nottingham)

Can you PM me with details?

Hi Dave,

I received my repair kit about a week ago now, looks a good bit of kit and many thanks for the speedy delivery!! 8)

Gonna have a try at fitting it myself cos the instuctions you sent look really good and i think even i can manage it but i was just wondering the best way to remove the actual handle itself? Do i need to take the door card off etc?

Hope you dont mind me asking, its normally getting pretty dark by the time i get home so wanna try to save some time by getting a rough idea first!

Appreciate your help mate.

Martin :)

Martin,

I recommend removing the handle completely which means removing the door card.

I've heard of people taking just the handle out as far as it will come whilst the central locking cable is still attached but usually the cable is clipped inside the door so it may not pull out far enough. If the handle has been changed in the past then the cable may not have been re-clipped to the door therefore you may be able to pull the handle out far enough to change the striker arm.

The problem with doing this is that when you push the cable back in it may sit directly in the path of the window coming down hence why it's clipped back.

Dave

Martin, I did mine in situ but with the help of someone else to keep the spring out of the way while I did it. If you're going solo (ooer) then it's worth taking the handle off.

Quality piece of kit from Dave though.

Hi Dave - me passenger side handle just pulls out and doesn't open the door, so I guess I need a kit? Can you pm details etc? Cheers Tim

Hi Dave,

Just wondering if the passenger side kit I ordered has been posted yet?

Cheers mate

Neil

Yes was posted Monday.

Martin,

I recommend removing the handle completely which means removing the door card.

I've heard of people taking just the handle out as far as it will come whilst the central locking cable is still attached but usually the cable is clipped inside the door so it may not pull out far enough. If the handle has been changed in the past then the cable may not have been re-clipped to the door therefore you may be able to pull the handle out far enough to change the striker arm.

The problem with doing this is that when you push the cable back in it may sit directly in the path of the window coming down hence why it's clipped back.

Dave

Martin, I did mine in situ but with the help of someone else to keep the spring out of the way while I did it. If you're going solo (ooer) then it's worth taking the handle off.

Quality piece of kit from Dave though.

Thanks a lot, appreciate your help! 8)

finally got round to fitting mine at the weekend, two working doors again!!

Cheers dave!!

definately recommend these, quality bit of kit, bit fiddely to fit but even an amatuer like me managed it thanks to the clear instructions! 8)

Shame the previous owner didnt know about them and replaced one of the handles with a second hand one (the one that broke) meaning i have 2 keys! :(

Cheers dave!!

definately recommend these, quality bit of kit, bit fiddely to fit but even an amatuer like me managed it thanks to the clear instructions! 8)

Shame the previous owner didnt know about them and replaced one of the handles with a second hand one (the one that broke) meaning i have 2 keys! :(

Apparently its possible to retumble the locks so that you just have one key again Martin.. might be worth looking into?

Dave - could you PM me info on prices for these? My handles are starting to feel weak and I think the drivers one is going to snap soonish.. would be handy to have an idea of costs for when they do finally go!

Cheers dave!!

Apparently its possible to retumble the locks so that you just have one key again Martin.. might be worth looking into?

Dave - could you PM me info on prices for these? My handles are starting to feel weak and I think the drivers one is going to snap soonish.. would be handy to have an idea of costs for when they do finally go!

Yeah, it's dead easy, I just did it 8)

Here's a how-to I found on the forum.

Can you do the same for me please?

Think my drivers handle is on the way out takes two attempts to open the door( first attempt everything seems to flex and feels sloppy ). DO I need the kit :oops: