daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Hi, bought repair kit recently but haven't had time to fit it yet. Can someone tell me, does the door interior panel have to come off first in order to remove the handle, or will loosening the large screw next to the door lock allow the handle to come out ?

Thanks.

Hi, bought repair kit recently but haven't had time to fit it yet. Can someone tell me, does the door interior panel have to come off first in order to remove the handle, or will loosening the large screw next to the door lock allow the handle to come out ?

Thanks.

I removed the interior panel.I then disconnected the wire that goes from the handle to the connector inside the door,at the end inside the door..

You can then swing the door handle towards the front of the car and then unhook it from the car.

Hope this makes sense. :?

Hi ya pm u a couple of days ago re a set, need them asap no, passenger door now gone :( can u get back to me with a price for postage to ireland please

Thanks a lot, fitted fine, your a life saver, although the screw thing didnt work for me i got the pin out eventually!

nice bit of kit, im an engineer and it simply wasnt worth the hastle and time of making one for the price you charge, especially as it look like u get them laser cut and your time etc there a bargain!

Thanks a lot, fitted fine, your a life saver, although the screw thing didnt work for me i got the pin out eventually!

nice bit of kit, im an engineer and it simply wasnt worth the hastle and time of making one for the price you charge, especially as it look like u get them laser cut and your time etc there a bargain!

Yeah removing the pin is proving to be the biggest hurdle.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hi,

i need a drivers side kit please. pm me details of payment and i will sort out straight away, handle went tonight need to fix asap as i drive it daily!

cheers, sam

Hallo! I am in urgent need of a repair kit for RHS, but I'll have an LHS as well if available 'cos you never know.

Have to get in through the boot at the moment :oD

Cheers,

--

Olly

Received my kit on Monday, fitted one door's worth last night. Top quality parts, very well made. I too struggled with removing the pivot pin using a screw, it's a roll of spring steel so it's very hard to get anything to bite into it - I tried a tap but broke it off! I ended up drilling the remaining bit of the broken latch piece in two places and then splitting it so it would come off the pin, and then I could move the pin by gripping it in the middle with a small pair of pliers.

After giving the pin a quick clean up and coating everything liberally in copper grease, it went back together very easily and the door handle now feels better than ever!

Hozzah :o)

--

Olly

Hi dave any tips ongetting the pin out my tap snapped inside just as it was half way through and am runnig short of ideas of how to get it out.

Nathan, get a very small drill and chain-drill the broken piece in two places where it goes around the pin, about 120

Hi Dave. New Member.

The handle on the drivers door gave up this morning. :( Is the kit compatible with all Corrados.

Mine is a 1995 16v.

Please could you send me payment instructions etc.

Also, how long should it take to fit.

Cheers

monkeymagic

Im also looking for a RHS and LHS handle repair kit. How much are the kits and delivery? Could you send details of how to pay also.

Cheers Ewan

Just fitted the kit and it works a treat, MOT tomorrow so thanks very much Dave.

I had the problem with removing the pin that others seemed to have, just couldn't get the screws to purchase so I thought I'd share my solution. I got a thin pointy bradawl type implement and manged to get sufficent angle to tap the pin out from the inside of the handle, 2 taps and it was out, compared to an hour of screwing (and not in a fun way). It's worth a try if you're struggling with the normal method.

Just fitted the kit and it works a treat, MOT tomorrow so thanks very much Dave.

I had the problem with removing the pin that others seemed to have, just couldn't get the screws to purchase so I thought I'd share my solution. I got a thin pointy bradawl type implement and manged to get sufficent angle to tap the pin out from the inside of the handle, 2 taps and it was out, compared to an hour of screwing (and not in a fun way). It's worth a try if you're struggling with the normal method.

Beware NOT all handles have the 'inside' part of the housing open, I think the later handles had this area blanked off.