Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Original BBS fitted

Does look very nice indeed - you just can't beat those standard G60 BBS's sometimes.

Looks excellent.

I think they went out of fashion for a while, but their quality of manufacture and the fact that they suit the car better than most is beginning to get through......

I think they went out of fashion for a while, but their quality of manufacture and the fact that they suit the car better than most is beginning to get through......

My thoughts aswell! that's why i never replaced mine when i had my rado look spot on when lowered too. :)

I have a set on my golf and they are great quality wheels. For example I hit a big stone on the road on Saturday and made sh1t of my lh front tyre, (nearly new yokohama :x ) but the rim was perfect where an aftermarket wheel would almost certainly have been scrap.

Although they are a bitch to clean, I'm thinking of changing mine for G60 steels for the winter as I am sick of cleaning them :roll:

Thanks guys, I've only just fitted them so I've got the joys of cleaning them to come! I used to have 16 inch OZ Super T's so I'm used to cleaning annoying wheels! I have to say I don't think any other wheels on a Corrado comes close to the BBS's.

Although they are a b**** to clean, I'm thinking of changing mine for G60 steels for the winter as I am sick of cleaning them :roll:

use mr muscle oven cleaner. the foam stuff

just mind your eyes. once you've got them clean once, just a weekly rinse should keep em clean (its when you leave them for months they get hard to clean)

That'll chew through the laquer after a while though. Even the Turtle Wax stuff (less abrasive than oven cleaner) took the sheen of my OZ's and I had to T Cut them and polish them!

Yeah I don't use any harsh detergents on mine. Just a cloth and lots of patience :mad:

I finf the weak acid based formula in Autoglym's alloy wheel cleaner is very good if you spray on, leave for two mins (and no more for the sake of the lacquer) and just jet spray off