PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

Looking forward to seeing some Forced induction R32 business....

What's the blue uprated pump Paul? I might need one aswell. I tried a Walbro but it didn't fit in the OE housing very well. Yours looks a lot better.

I haven't got a turbo yet. I'm just building everythign else up in anticipation for going turbo in the future as an when I can afford to (if at all).

The gearbox and clutch were always specced to at least 400lbs.ft as tey also were going in the mk2.

as for that pump fitting in the housing, lol!!! it's bigger than a starter motor! the filter is as big as the standard pump (the blue bit on the left, shown directly above the standard VR6 housing.

the pump and filter as made by SX, that pile of bits cost me £400, but you simply can't deliver enought fuel for much more than 350bhp without a setup like that. with AN-6 lines that's good enough for 600bhp (ball park figure), with AN-10 delivery line (yes, the same size as my oil cooler hoses!) it'll deliver enough for 700bhp (again, ball park figure ased on it's deliver rate and the compustion of engines that can produce that amount).

I tried to modify the syncro tank so I could fit the bigger vr6 style (and the R32) pump into it (as it has a small cap on it like a mk2 GTI rather than the large corrado.passat.mk3 golf one), I cut the top of the tank off and plastic welded in the top of the corrado tank. no matter how many times I had it wleded, or how much stuff I tried to seal it with (silicone, sikaflex, araldite) I just could not get a decent seal on the tank. it reeked of fuel inside and outside the car and as I couldn't get the fuel pump holder to stick to the bottom of the tank (it's done by friction on the vr6) the pump kept coming loose. this was happening on a daily basis, and was probably THE most frustrating aspect to runing the car, which is why I cracked up and it drove me mental.

After the echaust came of it's hangers around donnnington and melted a hole in the side of the tank I decided enough was enough.

This time I'll be starting with a fresh syncro tank, but now I have this fuel setup availble to use in the corrado now the golf has gone I can fit it.

That ally bit you can see attached to the filter is a replacedment cap for the vr6 tank, I'll have to have a new one made for the smaller fitting.

I think the tank is actually tall enough to allow the pump and filter to be fitted in the tank, but I'm going to fit it under the boot floor as there is a really handy cavity in front of the syncro crossmember where they can both sit. Up out of the way so they won't get damaged, dirty or too hot, but easy enough to get at for servicability.

fuel lines are stainless steel overbraided through out. AN-10 from pump to filtter, then stepping down to AN-6 to the fuel rail and return.

Other items i nthe pic are a check valve and some more fittings so I can mount the pickup off the cap. it'll take some setting up, but this time nothing will be rushed and it'll all work spot on.

another closer pic to give you an idea of the size of the pump and the quality of the parts.

88963375.jpg

the white plastic bit in the foreground is the standr vr6 housing, the ally bit being a customed machined tank cap (yes, that's about 5" diameter)

Nice! Do you have to keep the standard housing (although empty) in the tank to mount the fuel gauge sender on?

Aren’t you supposed to go out and buy a massive turbo, get home and try fit it to you car with anything that comes to hand. Then worry about all this stuff later!! :lol: :lol:

looking rough!

18" R32 wheels

131993168.jpg

"toothy"

131993169.jpg

loom ripped out, coil packs binned, going back to VR type coil pack and leads (sleevd to withstand 1500C)

131993172.jpg

the jury is out on the red crystals

131993176.jpg

should they stay or go? the more I look at them the more I dislike them.

They look alot better than the other Corrado "crystal" lights IMHO. Personally I'd stick with all red originals, or just the originals :roll:

I have to say, I'm not keen on the rear lights...but they're better looking than the standard alternative (I think).

I don't do orange indicators I'm afraid.

Why doesn't anyone make an OEM style red.white rear light!?!!?!

I think the lights could suit other colours of Corrado, but I don't think they suit yours. I think all red originals would look a lot better, if the orange can be disguised as much as possible.

I'm sure if you put them up for sale someone would have them :)

if you decide that they go can i have first shout i think they are stunning iv wanted the OEM red ones but have never been able to find any so please let me know if your selling them cheers

nah, I'll be tinting them, and yes, I did meant the tops, durrr, red indicators and balck brakes lights, that'd work.... not.

no pics from the side unfortunately, I can't take and from the side unless I push the car out on the road, and it's too bloody heavy to do that for no other reason than to take pics!

looking rough!

Now I think I like black wheels on a "black" C (ok it's not black, but it looks black in the pics..).

I've just read all of this thread for the first time. You have created a truely great car. Total respect for doing everything yourself as well. I'd love to see it in the flesh one day.

Where did you get the rear lights from fella ?????

They are all red arn't they ???? I like the way they look crystalish but still remaining red...

I want...........

yes, exactly that, in-pro's with folitec red tint spray on the top half. I still cna't decide if I like them, even after looking at them every day for nearly 2 years.

no updates, haven't touched the car for nearly a year now. Got distracted by buying the mk4 and deciding to keep it, which basically wiped out my car finances for a year to pay for it. further distraction came in the way of a bike (more expense and time spent on lessons and stuff), which I subsequently crashed and had 2 months off working on cars whilst recovering. Also decided to do a 1.8t conversion for a mate. 8 months later and I'll still fannying about with it, wish I'd never said I'd do it.

That will be out of the garage this weekend, and the corrado will be going back in and stripped to a rolling shell ready for a weld in roll cage fitting. then the fun begins proper over the winter.

Don't expect a lot of build up pics or information, I'll be keeping a lot of it under wraps until it's finished so as not to give the game away too much. I may post the odd pic every now and then as a teaser though. but expect to see it in action on the strip and tracks maybe late next year if i get my finger out (or moe like, if I can afford to do what I want!)

cheers for taking the time to drag the old thread up! like a trip down memory lane flicking through the pages again :-)