Sign in to follow this  
h100vw

Headlight looms

A quick post to thank all those who have bought my looms throughout the year. My wife and kids really appreciate all the bread and water that I put on the table for them with the money I made :lol:

As a New Years resolution, I hope to get them all shoes in time for our summer holiday to Skegness. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I am very grateful and hope to provide you guys and gals with the lights you deserve.

Anyone thinking of buying a loom for Christmas, please don't leave it til the last minute. Even if it's just a maybe, then I can put one aside and I'll have a better idea where I am at.

Cheers

:drinking:

Gavin

How didi you find this forum mate? I forget ;) lol

Thanks for brightening (groan) our days (and especially the nights).

I'll shift this to the general forum unless you want to post up your selling prices .....

How didi you find this forum mate? I forget ;) lol

It would have been bread OR water without you Tom. :lol:

Most folk are aware of the price I think, it was mainly to thank my valued customers.

Cheers

Gavin

Anyone thinking of buying a loom for Christmas, please don't leave it til the last minute

And remember... A Loom is not just for Christmas...

I can vouch for Gavins Looms! Phnar Phnar!

Not been fitted yet but the quality of the workmanship - Absolutley EXCELLENT! Will post news on the difference during the week!

Thanks Gavin

The most effective mod you can make to a VW.... Transform your lights in a few minuites (although can take monkey mechanics hours) from candels to Y2K applient. :D :D

Hi Gav,

Did you get an order from Kevan Sincock recently? I sent him in your direction for a loom :lol: He's not on the forum but does own a very nice 33K Storm 8)

I've been well impressed by my loom as has he, so keep up the good work.

My only criticsm is the loom length...it's too short! Need more free length for when removing the lights so that you don't have to unplug the spades. And also a bit more slack around the battery would be cool. But other than, top dollar :D

Hi Gav,

Did you get an order from Kevan Sincock recently? I sent him in your direction for a loom :lol: He's not on the forum but does own a very nice 33K Storm 8)

I've been well impressed by my loom as has he, so keep up the good work.

My only criticsm is the loom length...it's too short! Need more free length for when removing the lights so that you don't have to unplug the spades. And also a bit more slack around the battery would be cool. But other than, top dollar :D

No other complaints about my length! :lol:

Are you talking about the nearside light? How much longer, 10CM?

Which of the battery leads?

Kevan sorted, thanks for the referral.

Gavin

These looms are great. A good tip though for all uprated loom users: As the original VW multi plug thingy is lost, the clips and connections are "naked" and open to salt and grime. Pack some thick grease around the plugs where they clip into the original VAG plug which will stop the contacts being exposed to the air and rusting and becoming "dulled".

Yeah, agree with Kev, although mine has just enough room to pull the light unit forward before disconnecting but could do with the battery lengths being longer as it would be nice to be able to mount the relays with the ones for the fan run-on up near the expansion tank.

These looms are great. A good tip though for all uprated loom users: As the original VW multi plug thingy is lost, the clips and connections are "naked" and open to salt and grime. Pack some thick grease around the plugs where they clip into the original VAG plug which will stop the contacts being exposed to the air and rusting and becoming "dulled".

Yeah, it is a problem, Kev has some 'plumbers putty?' on his that seems to do the trick but I can't seem to find it in B&Q etc??

Gav - how about doing me and Kev a part exchange on our looms for slightly longer ones to our spec maybe with the OE plugs as well (I may be able to source these) :wink:

Gav, in my case it's the offside light length that's short. Could do with being about 20cm longer so that you can withdraw the lamp completely and then disconnect the spades. It's a bit fiddly unplugging them with the lamp on the car! The nearside one is OK but 5 or 10cms extra would help.

The battery connection lead needs to be about 10 - 20 cms longer so that you can tuck it down the side of the battery out of the way.

Yeah I use some non setting plumbers putty on the spades which keeps corrosion at bay. Plasticine or blutak will do the same job if you can't find the putty in B&Q.

You can get the plugs for the headlights from Dub but not as far as I know for the other side.. The main reason I don't use them is the cost of the plugs themselves which I think cost over a tenner a pair. The crimps cost 50P each so there is another £4 a loom.

Even if I added the cost of the bits in and not the extra time, the looms would become £65 and you would still have blades stuck in the original plug. You could get them by smashing up some headlights!!

If you want to do your own, I would consider a deal on an part finshed loom for you both. I think you would get OK money on ebay for your looms :lol:

If you move the relays up by the expansion tank, all the other lengths need to be changed too.

For corrosion proofing I like to use spray waxoyl, it gets pretty much everywhere before it sets..

Gavin

I'm OK with mine Gav mate. My recommendations were just suggestions for future looms for the benefit of others :lol:

I can lengthen any wires easily myself, but can't be arsed at the moment as it's cold and dark for the next 3 months :?

Yeah I understand that about the VW plugs for the lamps but again, spades don't bother me :lol: I don't think people would mind too much paying £65 for a 'plug and play' loom. I certainly wouldn't !

How much are th looms mate? Can you PM me?

Also, did you go ahead with the 'plug & play' ones?

Are there any fitting guides here???

Cheers

Stan

How much are th looms mate? Can you PM me?

Also, did you go ahead with the 'plug & play' ones?

Are there any fitting guides here???

Cheers

Stan

PM with prices and instructions sent. The looms do just plug in, not using OE connectors though.

Gavin