Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

The Hubs Corrado

Ok so i have had my C for just under 3 weeks and thought it was time to put up some pics as I give it a good clean today. Suprising what a T-cut and polish can do for a very faded red :D

Anyway have a look and tell me what you think and i will keep you updated on the many plans I have for this 1.8 16V C

Ideas on the list are as follows

Good service first.

De dent and de rust and repray an maybe a few other Body Mods

New Rims

Boot install

I have a Dub designs boot brake and new Justmatz ordered. Planning to order the Uprated headlight loom and Lupo wipers this week and P**sed off cause i got out bid on a set of Phoenix Gold 6.5 Ti Elite on ebay earlier cause my connection went down. But i can see this car is going to cost me alot more money than i paid for it as these are only little things.

But i love it and it's worth it :D I just take it out for a drive even if i am going nowhere, just because i love driving it :lol:

Looks cracking! 8)

Get some autoglym black trim gel on those door handles and your away!

Or you could just colour code them :wink:

Cheers for the comments Guys

kangarooboy, There is a receipt for 40mm lowering in my folder but i thought it still looked a bit high so i'll have to look into that!

16vC, Was getting dark by the time I took the photo's so shortly after they where taken the handles and the rest of the trim was touch up and it looks cracking, Colour coding the handles will come when it's time for the respray.

What do you guys think of the Side Skirts, I am inclined to get them whipped of asap?

What do you guys think of the Side Skirts, I am inclined to get them whipped of asap?

I'd bin them, i'd guess there bonded on so paint may be needed. If so loose the rubbing strips before the bodyshop as they will just spray up to them rather than blending the new paint in.

Hello fro mthe other side of Belfast Lough! :D

Welcome to the Forum, that's a cracker wee car you've got there.

Interior looks to be in top nick.

Definately get rid of them side skirts, they're sad lookin.

A nice set of Passat handles and some smoked rear lghts would spruce her up a bit.

There's a Group Buy on smoked In-Pros being organised at the moment.

Get yourself onto the local Club GTI Forum and introduce yourself...

http://www.clubgti-ni.com/forum/

Health to Drive!

Hi mate thanks for the advice and feedback.

Think i seen you in Bangor a couple of weeks ago on the ring road heading towards Bryansburn, i work in Bangor every Friday (in a white van so you wouldnt have seen me) and always seen a red C sitting near the Shell Station at Gransha. Your car is looking well and hopefully I will have mine up to standard soon.

My interior does look good only thing is the heater matrix needs replacing (freezing this time of year) and some other electrical jobs, apart from that I will be happy as soon as I get my new speakers fitted.

On the outside I have a fair bit of work to do but this will have to wait till after Chrimbo, but i'll hopefully get it done for summer. Then I may decide to look under the Bonnet :wink:

I will check out the Club GTI forum now

One other question.... who do you use for Servicing, repairs and parts????

Thanks again!!

The red Corrado at Grasha wasn't mine. Think it was a G60. Haven't seen it in a while now.

Good luck with the heater matrix, it's a nightmare job, especially this time of year.

Has it sprung a leak?

Do a search on here for previous posts, think VW issued a recall for early Corrados. If your's was missed it might be possible to get them to do the work.

I use Sandown Motors at Ballyhackamore for servicing etc.

They used to be a VW Dealership (Stocks) and still have all the VW speciallist tools and diagnostic equipment.

They're genuine enthusiasts too, rather than the spanner monkeys at the local Stealerships.

What are the other electrical problems you're having?

Recommend joining Club GTI, they have regular meets and trackdays throughout the year.

Very few Corrado owners though.

Cheers mate, i would have alot of work to do before i could put my C on show.

Needs a respray, new rims, suspension and that just before i would put it on display.

I am working on it but cashflow dictates how quickly it will be done.

Would love to be able to say I can but you never know, i will maybe take a trip down and see whats on show anyway.

Thanks Pablo, i eventually won a set on Ebay and ended up paying just £210 for them from a guy in England.

Just waiting for my Audioscape door pods to arrive and they will be installed after that.

Fitted the Lupo's today and my god what a difference, i can actually see in the rain now. Next is the Headlight looms so i can see in the dark!!! :lol:

Currently the Interior is in bits as i am replacing the heater matrix, but well worth the hassle as you can sort out alot of other things while your at it.

Soon I'll be warm while driving :)

Spent today working on the C so just thought i would add some pics i took. The Interior has had a few cosmetics added such as Dub Designs Handbrake Gaitor and Justmatz Floor mats. Fairly clean up the interior :D

Also have the Lupo's on and Gav's headlight wiring loom.

Next weekend it'll be sound deadening and Audioscape Pods with Phoenix Gold TI 6.5 Components 8)

Wheels and Suspension next :roll: