Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

Have just had a look at your photo`s of Byron Bay. It brings back so many happy memorys of such a long time ago, wish I live there :(

Looks awesome 8) What's the demand for web developers out there? :lol:

Occupations in demand list here, sure others will be interested in this too. Its grown alot since i applied, there was only about 10 on there back then

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- ... demand.htm

Have just had a look at your photo`s of Byron Bay. It brings back so many happy memorys of such a long time ago, wish I live there :(

Did you live around here for a little while? Get over here and bring your VR6 with you!

nice looking C dude, and awesome pics of the area.i was in Oz for 3months at start of the year,did a couple of nightsd in byron bay but all it did was rain which was a shame, and i got kicked out of cheeky monkeys at 830 for being too drunk :(

so wish i could go back...

nice looking C dude, and awesome pics of the area.i was in Oz for 3months at start of the year,did a couple of nightsd in byron bay but all it did was rain which was a shame, and i got kicked out of cheeky monkeys at 830 for being too drunk :(

Too drunk at 8.30, thats no good!

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

You know its raining here in Scotland --------as always :lol: :lol: :lol:

It rains ALOT here too, thats why its so green everywhere, this is the longest stint without rain (at least 8-9 weeks) i can ever remember around here, in in May we had some hectic weather, big storms. floods high winds etc. When i lived in this area before i was more up in the hinterland, we had hail the size of golf balls, (not exagerating) my girlfriends car was written off, car dealerships without roofs were destroyed, house roofs were fecked etc, i was lucky i could get my car under cover where i worked :gag: I could do with an old banger to get me to work and back incase it happens again and i don't get it under cover in time :pale:

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

You know its raining here in Scotland --------as always :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the longest stint without rain (at least 8-9 weeks) :pale:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the longest stint without rain here----------at least 8-9 minutes :lol: :lol:

Too drunk at 8.30, thats no good

it was a wet day so we decided to play card games, and ring of fire and other such games involving the wonderful goon!

Have just spent about 1/2 hour reading through this whole thread. Australia looks so nice and having such a rare car must be ace. Good on you; did you move round Oz due to work or to see if there were better places to settle. Your C looks absolutely stunning, I can't wait to respray my original blackberry.

Will keep up with this thread now hoping to see more lovely scenic shots of Oz with a C taking centre stage.

Sydney is a good 10 hour non-stop drive from here, i've done it in a day years ago but its a long drive, (over 800kms) so no, i don't work there :) I meant i first came to Sydney in 1999, stayed for 2 years, drove around Australia for 5 months, went back to the UK, lived in Brighton, moved back to Ipswich and applied for Aus residency, came back here 3 times on holidays, then moved here in 2005 with the Corrado, lived in Sydney for another 2 years, moved to Byron for a year, then moved to Melbourne for a year and now i live in Byron again! :cuckoo: :lol:

Sydney is awesome but i just got sick of being stuck in traffic all the time, too many people everywhere can be good and bad i guess.

Where in London are you? I spent alot of weekends there when i lived in Ipswich because alot of my mates moved there.

Thats quite a distance then! What do you do for a living out there? Other pics look very nice - climate and scenery look superb. Makes keeping the RS' in good nick a bit easier too ;)

In London lived in Ruislip, Ealing, Richmond and now near Uxbridge. You can get fantastic work here - hence making the move from Scotland (aside from my gf being here already) - but the quality of life has taken a hit. Still, gets the pennies saved... Can appreciate what you say about Sydney and congestion - thats one thing I moan to my gf about all the time! Its 2.5 weeks now till the trip starts - can't wait to get out there :)

Hello. Just been reading the thread as above and Oz is a great place. Went over erlier this year and visited a mate in adelaide for 3 weeks and went up to the gold coast and sydney and had a look around, was the best hoilday ive ever been on and carnt wait to go back again, just got to decide how long for :)

As above your car looks great and it must be really nice haveing sutch a rare car over there. A few people asked what i drove when i was there and they always seemed to like the sound the corrado's.

Will keep an eye on thiss thread and see if anymore great oz pic's appear :D

All the best

ozowen

Hi mate, yeah i just moved around to find the best place to live that i could find really. Thanks for your VRT pics, the reason i've been asking is because i'm looking into converting mine into a VRT, sounds like alot of fun to me :grin:

_leon_

I'm a Cabinetmaker at the moment, making things out of wood etc is what i've been doing for the last 15 years :) What do you do??

Yeah, no salt on the roads is good, people get a shock when they look at my engine bay :pale: :lol:

_leon_

I'm a Cabinetmaker at the moment, making things out of wood etc is what i've been doing for the last 15 years :) What do you do??

Yeah, no salt on the roads is good, people get a shock when they look at my engine bay :pale: :lol:

Software - so easy to find jobs, but usually means work indoors and within a city. Do you work for yourself? Its a nightmare keeping the car clean here nevermind polished wheels!

Two weeks and I'll be on the great ocean road - can't wait!

Did you get the passat engine/subframe etc?

Looks awesome 8) What's the demand for web developers out there? :lol:

I was out there early this year and there are heaps of jobs goin for us; only problem is to work fulltime u need residency so i freelanced and only got one job before i ran out of money and came back here... now i work in leicester... woe is me

As title, after alot of thinking over the last year or so, and nearly keeping it to go VRT, i sold my Corrado this week just gone. Well, its still sitting in my garage but the new owner has paid for it and its being transported to Canberra next week. Feels like i've lost a limb already!! :eek:

Good news though, looks like i'll be having one of the 200 Aus delivered Mk4 R32s, a Black Magic Pearl 3dr (only 50 in BMP over here) with only 33000kms on the clock :D Main reason for it is wanting a change, Air Conditioning :camp: , a 24V VR6 engine and 4WD ready for force feeding!! Love the grip and go that the R has :norty:

I'll miss the Corrado and still visit the forum from time to time, this place has been a good place to visit since owning my G60, would seem weird not to have a look on here anymore!! I expect i'll be looking at the FIVR6 thread for some good info and advise 8)

Cheers all 8)

I imagine you'll regret it in due course, but I hope you enjoy the R32. Get some of your best pics up again for old times sake 8)

Maybe i will mate, might end up buying it back like you did with yours in a few years!! All my best pics are in here really, might take some before it goes though 8)

wow that isnt the update i was expecting to read.as you have said tho! its hardly a car to be keeping cool in unless you get with aircon! and im guessing that parts aint readily avaiable with it being such a unique car there?

Wasn't too much hassle getting parts really, especially with the internet, i could of had A/C installed too but i guess this is more about me wanting a change more then anything. Its going tomorrow morning, i'm dropping it off at 6.30am so i'm feeling a little weird tonight, can't beleive it won't be sitting in my garage anymore :gag:

Actually i do have some more recent pics, the latest ones i used in the ad to sell it...

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfImported Photos 00237.JPG[/attachment:3khvmq3z]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00247.JPG[/attachment:3khvmq3z]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00245.JPG[/attachment:3khvmq3z]

Imported Photos 00249.JPG[/attachment:3khvmq3z]

Wasn't too much hassle getting parts really, especially with the internet..

Hope the new owner will be coming on here then?!

Enjoy the new car!! :thumbleft:

Love the way this car sits on those rims :D What size are they and offset

7 1/2 x 17 et 33 front. 8 x 17" et 20 rear, i think!! The rears are the same wheels, but with 1/2 wider outer rims.

:cuckoo:

:lol: Maybe i have lost the plot but i feel alright!! Quite happy with my decision for now at least :)