Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

Haha, cheers for the pic :) - make sure you get a load when the cars back from the paintshop, with some nice ozzy backdrops preferably :grin:

Cheers guys, nice to hear from you Blair, was wondering if you ever came back :salute:

Firecracker, i sent it with www.karmanshipping.co.uk - have a look at their website, its full of all the relevant links, forms and info you'll need to get the ball rolling. Its not the cheapest way to ship a car to Australia but it is the quickest, and you're allowed to fill the car with personal effects. You could hire a container and fill it with whatever, good if you have furniture etc. I paid 1500 pounds in 2005 to get it sent over, then various fee's, taxes, compliance and registration amounting to around another 2000 pounds :nuts: Was worth it for me :wink:

I'll update with more progress pics or when its done.

I got lucky with the RS 301's, i asked on E38 for some that were for sale, but he didn't want the hassle of posting them here for me, then i got a PM from someone offering me his, it turned out that it was a set with the exact spec i wanted, original paint in the centres, half height caps, polished outer lips, 8" Rear and 7.5" front. Then i realised i had seen the exact rims at E38 in '05 just before i came here, and took a pic of them on his Rallye !

E38031.jpg

Happy days !! :clap:

thanks for your quick response :grin: def worth it and damn did you get lucky with them rims............look forward to more updates from down under! :sunny:

You lucky git, you had the rare BBS RS003's and they were not good enough then you sell up to get the probably more rare BBS RS301's and you find them, well they found you just as quick as you sold your others, i dont know some people just have all the luck....

Ha Ha i did ge tlucky !!

Just got it back yesterday, he done an awesome job, trial fitted a 301 on one bolt, looking good

ImportedPhotos00022.jpg

Cheers mate, they're 7.5" front and 8" rear.

I'm liking the fact that they're ET33 up front, same as standard G60 BBS, so it should still handle well.

i meant to write what tyre sizes are you running? The car sits nice over them!

Mate, your C is looking awesome. Are you still getting a lot of attention over there with it?

Hi mate , cheers, still got alot more to do but thats the majority done.

Yeah i get asked what it is all the time, its funny driving it around here !

Hope you're well ?

Hope you're well ?

Not bad thanks mate, got an awesome team over here but still trying to sort out a couple of years on "assignment" over there. No guarantees - it's a tough one to sort out - but still working on it!

Should be in Melbourne around Australia Day next year though if you fancy a Coopers?!!?

I'll be tempted in a few years! Carpoid did your car get over safely when you transported it? Those wheels are gorgeous!

Dan you must have missed a page ? 17" RS are on, sort of, still waiting on parts to convert to 5x100

Imported Photos 00039.JPG[/attachment:364wiqgq]

Good stuff Blair, i might have moved back to Byrn Bay by then, not that keen on Melbourne to be honest !! But, i'll have a Coopers with you for sure....

coullstar, ireckon these will be more of a pain than my 16's, but its cool, i've wanted 301's since i saw Moonlight VR's and Biggerbigneils in 2004, still havn't gone off them so had to get a set.

_leon_, i didn't have any trouble at all, only took 4 weeks to get here, not a mark on it !!

Matt

Good stuff Blair, i might have moved back to Byrn Bay by then, not that keen on Melbourne to be honest !! But, i'll have a Coopers with you for sure....

That's interesting - the wife & I were wondering why we seemed to be the only Brits who weren't overly-impressed with Melbourne. Glad to know it's not just us! I thought it nice enough, but it didn't make me want to live there (unlike Sydney, and Byron).

Couple more pics, got my 5x100 conversion done, had to mod the ABS rings and skim a bit out the back of the discs where they fit over the hubs to get them on. All sorted and running alot smoother with new bearings all round and new outer CV's etc.

I've been tweaking the height a bit, no rubbing on the 8" RS at the back, no arch rolling either :)

Nearly there, need to start on the engine next.. :norty:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfImported Photos 00088.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

Corrado92.pdfImported Photos 00090.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfImported Photos 00092.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00082.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00093.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

Imported Photos 00014.JPG[/attachment:1z8vquuo]

really works welll with them rims,is the colour black or dark brown,the sunlight gives it an odd colour...or is it me? either way i like it!

What you doing to the motor,is it cleaning or rebuild?

Its Metallic Black, it does look a bit brownish in some lights. could be all the dirt on it !!

My engine has been stock standard since i bought it ! So,it needs the Rallye FMIC and Radiator putting in, i've got another charger to send to G-Werks for some porting, then the chip and pulley and a real good clean up. I'm not going for big HP, just want it a bit quicker and still reliable.

Its Metallic Black, it does look a bit brownish in some lights. could be all the dirt on it !!

My engine has been stock standard since i bought it ! So,it needs the Rallye FMIC and Radiator putting in, i've got another charger to send to G-Werks for some porting, then the chip and pulley and a real good clean up. I'm not going for big HP, just want it a bit quicker and still reliable.

Sounds like a plan! How many miles has she got on the clock now?? :D

Sounds like a plan! How many miles has she got on the clock now?? :D

Hi Dan, its on 75000 now, still pretty low !!