Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

I too lived in Manly once upon a time, in a condemed block of flats on Ashburton Street. I was there a couple of months back and they are still there! I also miss getting the ferry from the wharf in to town then walking to work. That was about 5 years ago.

I tried to get in to Aussie but the immigration at the time was going to talk too long so I settled for NZ. Haven't looked back ever since! Having said that I still have a soft spot for the place. It's a fine city!

DutchVR6, If yours is a LHD then you won't be able to bring it in i'm afraid ........... Yeah i'm actually now gonna jump on the ferry to the city, it is a fine way to travel !!

Jim, THe shell optimax is 100RON apparently, i'll check up on this but i've read something like that on another forum .... EDIT .....

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?sit ... treme.html

24V Renshaw, I'll get some pics sorted when it arrives, could make a good forum banmer i reckon !!

Blair, Sorry didn't answer your question, i'm a Cabinetmaker, plenty of work over here for me and thats how i got my residency, took me the best part of 3 years though !

Last time i looked IT was still on the occupations in demand list which makes you jump to the front of the waiting list, if you're thinking about it check out http://www.immi.gov.au

And if you're ever over here sagain let me know, i'll give you guided tour of the northen beaches in the Corrado !!

Beautiful day here in Sydney, got my parents over so was giving them a tour in the Rado, and my Dad brought his laptop so i can show you a pic at last !!

Here it is at Balgowlah heights over looking the Harbour not far from where i live, you can see the city Skyscrapers in the background and the top of the harbour bridge on the right.

And my new Australian 'Euro' plates !!

I'lll be going down for the clasiic Opera House and Bridge backdrop soon !!

Oz11Dec05004.jpg

Loverly jubbery mate - looks like she took the journey well - I hope you've got AC tho!

Make sure you hang onto the British plates too - they'll love that stuff over there - maybe get some UK plates made up with a GB/Euro badge on them for shows? :lol:

Dammit, I need to go to Oz

car looks fantastic mate.

It looks great over there,

To be honest im well jelous... Good on ya mate.

Think i will need to get myself and the corrado out of this country soon.

Can i ask how much roughly it cost to ship the car??

Cheers dudes, i still got my UK plates dinkus, !! No A/C tho !!

Jimbo16v, Have a read through the thread mate, alot of hassle and money but well worth it i reckon !