Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

Wow love those rolling shots. Reminds me that the Corrado is still such a stunning car. Well done with it, looks superb!

Lovely car and awesome pictures! I will have to get mine over when i move in a few years, neighbours? lol ;)

Vick

I havn't found one shaped for the Corrado yet mate!! Still hasn't cracked anyway, most Mk1's and 2's here have cracked dashboards from the heat, i keep mine conditioned with some Armor-all stuff which seems to be working...

Had the 1200 mile trip up here with no dramas anyway, well, apart from a stone flicking up off a 4x4 just out of Sydney putting a huge crack in my windscreen!! I'm insured though so its all good, no excess or loss of no claims bonus, they have to get me a new screen through VW, dread to think how much that would of costed!!

Matt

Hi all, i get so many PMs from people asking about Australia and whats its like, i thought i'd throw some pics up of around here where i live for you to see. I don't live in Byron itself, its getting quite pricey there now especially Watago's beach that has some of the most expensive real estate in Australia, a few years ago nobody wanted to know about it, there was no sealed road to get there and it was cheap, not anymore unfortunately :( Still, to live just outside Byron its very affordable, cheaper than Ipswich in the UK where i came from anyway :)

So my car is still a daily driver out here believe it or not, it STILL hasn't let me down :notworthy: I'm insured with 'Shannons' fully comp costs me $70 a month, no exxtra charge for monthly payements, they replaced my Windscreen with a genuine VAG part shipped here from Germany, no charge at all :clap: Same goes for any body panels if that ever happened, can't complain about that :grin:

Heres a few pics taken this afternoon (apart from the first one), sorry about the annoying splodge on the top left of my Lens

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfImported Photos 00141.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

Book1.pdfImported Photos 00192.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfImported Photos 00195.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

ETKA Corrado.pdfImported Photos 00196.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfImported Photos 00154.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

Corrado92.pdfImported Photos 00201.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfImported Photos 00203.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00207.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00205.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

Imported Photos 00208.JPG[/attachment:3ixp6a0w]

Thanks mate, i've been watching your R32 install, looks and sounds awesome on that video, hats off to you for doing it yourself 8)

I wasn't quite finished yet, wouldn't let me upload anymore pics, guess the limit is 10

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00211.JPG[/attachment:2vlk2ocs]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00214.JPG[/attachment:2vlk2ocs]

Imported Photos 00194.JPG[/attachment:2vlk2ocs]

Theres a few anyway.

Cheers

Matt

Sweet 8) it does look a lot like here tbh, and with roads that the rado was made for! Its cool to see pics of it out there!

Sweet 8) it does look a lot like here tbh, and with roads that the rado was made for! Its cool to see pics of it out there!

Yeah it reminds me of the UK alot around here, the roads are like Suffolk B roads (Byron has a suburb called Suffolk park) until you see the trees, Kangaroo signs and beaches :grin: there are som many deserted twisty roads around here ts awesome, so glad to be away from the city traffic where i can enjoy the Corrado again, just need a bit more power :grin:

beautiful photos... Gf and I are testing the water in 3 weeks, we may be thinking about moving out there. She's already lived there for a few years - I think she misses it. I encourage any more photos you've got of Aus to be posted up!!! ;)

beautiful photos... Gf and I are testing the water in 3 weeks, we may be thinking about moving out there. She's already lived there for a few years - I think she misses it. I encourage any more photos you've got of Aus to be posted up!!! ;)

Cool, i don't think i've got any of Melbourne on my PC, but you'll see it soon anyway, where abouts did your Girlfriend live out here? I spent most of my time on the Northern Beaches of Sydney in the 10 years that i've been coming here for, its a great compromise of city and beach living, all seperated by the harbour which is a great way to travel too 8)

Anyone else feeling the need to emigrate after this?

Nope :grin:

WE need more pics tho!!!

:lol:

I reckon you're in a good place there mate, havn't been to Cornwall for years but i had my first surfing lesson there (Newquay) when i was about 11. I remember it well, i stayed somewhere overlooking some sand dunes and saw a load of Beach Buggies thrashing around, looked like fun 8)

Yah if I ever move from here it wont be to somewhere in the UK! and Oz would be somewhere i'd want to have a look at! I can't see it though tbh :grin:

Cool, i don't think i've got any of Melbourne on my PC, but you'll see it soon anyway, where abouts did your Girlfriend live out here? I spent most of my time on the Northern Beaches of Sydney in the 10 years that i've been coming here for, its a great compromise of city and beach living, all seperated by the harbour which is a great way to travel too 8)

Think she spent 3-4 years between Melbourne and Gibbsland. Since we're only visiting for a week we won't go much further than surrounding Melbourne - maybe to Twelve Apostles on the great ocean road and gibbsland. I'd like to go to Sydney and Queensland next time - I'd read various opinions about both Sydney/Melbourne being a good compromise between city/outdoors - but imagine Sydney to be the Aus equivalent to London. Do you work in Sydney? After coming from Scotland/Aus to London for a few years I think we'd both like to get back more space/time and do outdoor stuff more again.

My best mate moved to Sydney 2-3 years ago from London, as said he reckons it does strike a good balance between city/beach life 8)

Oh you definately got the best of both worlds there, a corrado and living in oz.

Id like to move there but il have to get another rado to take over with me 1st lol. Dream garage a corrado with a 32 motor in it and a 6.0l maloo or ford falcon ute lol

Sydney is a good 10 hour non-stop drive from here, i've done it in a day years ago but its a long drive, (over 800kms) so no, i don't work there :) I meant i first came to Sydney in 1999, stayed for 2 years, drove around Australia for 5 months, went back to the UK, lived in Brighton, moved back to Ipswich and applied for Aus residency, came back here 3 times on holidays, then moved here in 2005 with the Corrado, lived in Sydney for another 2 years, moved to Byron for a year, then moved to Melbourne for a year and now i live in Byron again! :cuckoo: :lol:

Sydney is awesome but i just got sick of being stuck in traffic all the time, too many people everywhere can be good and bad i guess.

Where in London are you? I spent alot of weekends there when i lived in Ipswich because alot of my mates moved there.

Corrado92.pdf011.JPG[/attachment:18fcz3zs]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf004.JPG[/attachment:18fcz3zs]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf005.JPG[/attachment:18fcz3zs]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf007.JPG[/attachment:18fcz3zs]

044.JPG[/attachment:18fcz3zs]