Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Should I sell my G60 and buy this VR6...

I've just been to look at a Corrado VR6 - I may have mentioned it a few months back but finally got to see it today.

Its flash red, just over 100k on the clock, M reg.

Bad points:

* Paint is quite faded

* There are some scuffs, small dents, and stone chipping on the bonnet

* No proper service history as such - just serviced reasonably regularly

* Heater only works on 4 ;)

* ABS light is on

* Alloys are tatty, kerbed.. need refurb!

Good points:

* Immaculate black leather heated electric recaros (drool!!!)

* Interior is spotless

* Engine seems smooth and pulls very well - a little trouble starting it when warm (takes two attempts) - listened for timing chain rattle, but couldn't really hear 'the sound'

* All other electrics seem to work fine, including sunroof

* 6 months tax, 12 months MOT

* Totally standard, and i'd say unmolested - lady owner!

As I came over to check out the car for her, she basically said she was very happy to let the car go to an enthusiast (well, me :D) for around £2500. Car seemed to drive well (well, I could only passenger as i'm not insured to drive other cars.. doh)

Basically it needs work to clean it up, but the price is good and that interior is valuable.. thats the only reason i'm thinking about this.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

i'd look at it this way.........(going by your description of it)

Pros

low-ish price for later VR

Black leather Recaros

newer interior

newer car

VR6 lump

Cons

faded/scuffed/dented paint and bodywork

abs light

alloys needing a refurb shouldn't be too hard to sort out by either obtaining a 2nd-hand good condition set or refurbing the originals,the heater on speed 4 as you are well aware aint a biggie,and the not too great hot starting sounds a bit like a coolant temp sensor prob so £10 sensor and 30 mins garage time at most and some coolant of course...........what you have to ask yourself tho..........are you wanting out of your G60 that much to start all over again with more potential for big bills on the horizon :?:

Sounds good to me mate. The faults are pretty superficial ones and easy to rectify. If you're sure you want a VR, then I think you can do a lot worse than that one. Take it down to Vince for a check over if she'll let you. An hour or two of his expertise would tell you considerably more than a generic RAC inspection would.

Credit card 0% balance transfer, run it for a month with G60 in a garage laid up somewhere. If it turns out you don't like it, sell it on. At 2500 you must be able to sell for your money back if not more.

Easy

Gavin

Jim buy it, you'll kick yourself forever if you dont. £2.5K is a steal. The later paint can be polished far better than Tornado Red and red is easy to match up if it needs localised touching up.

"JimsVR6", now that sounds good.

Cool.

Well keep em coming guys.. I just want to get suggestions and opinions as to what I wanna do as quite honestly I don't know. I'm terribly indecisive and afraid to throw away the car I have now because I know its a good'un.

Thanks.

Get a card and try it. You'll have 6 months to make your mind up, less the minimum payment of 150 a month.

I reckon you should try and work out some way of getting a drive in it as you might be dissapointed. I'm a big vr fan but id definately rather have your modded g60 over a standard vr, even if it does have the recaros.

Might be worth buying it, nicking the recaro's putting in my black leather and then just selling it back on for a little more than I paid for it :)

even if you didnt make a profit the interior upgrade has gotta be worth the effort!

or you could buy it, sell the leather interior to me and i`d px my grey cloth one

sounds like a bargain Jim.. worth thinking about! Hell you'd only need to get another valver to complete the set then ;)

Cool.

I'm terribly indecisive

Thanks.

Yes i used to be very indecisive, but now im not so sure :lol:

Sorry , terrible joke :oops:

It sounds good Jim, as someone said earlier on in the thread it has quite superficial cons and they can be easily rectified...

I know this is going to sound cheeky mate :oops: , but if you dont decide to go for it could you let me know, as im in the market for another C at that price and this sounds ideal... :wink:

If you go for it then good luck, How much would you let your beloved G60 go for? :?:

I think realistically my G60 is worth around £3,500 because of the mods done to it.. though again would welcome some feedback on that as its a bit hard to be a judge of your own car.

I've got time to think about this as she isn't looking to sell until the end of next month..

Sounds like a good price Jim, with the full leather interior you could probably ask for more....

Good luck with the whole thing matey, i think you know what to do :wink:

Thing is, you could easily and cheaply tart up the exterior (just a good machine polish will bring the colour back) and it's instantly worth a whole packet more.

I'd say, if you have the cash to hand, definitely do it. Even if you don't have the cash, it's still a really tempting proposition..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm G60 :twisted:

If you are seriously interested I could tell you everything thats right and everything thats wrong with my car, pending on whether I decide to sell up and move on etc..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm G60 :twisted:

If you are seriously interested I could tell you everything thats right and everything thats wrong with my car, pending on whether I decide to sell up and move on etc..

Work out what you want to do mate - then we'll take it from there.

I've just been to look at a Corrado VR6 ....

100k on the clock, M reg...

Immaculate black leather heated electric recaros...

Engine seems smooth and pulls very well///

6 months tax, 12 months MOT...

£2500

Thoughts?

Thoughts?! Thoughts!????

JUST BUY IT!!!!

Unless you really don't want a VR6 (or don't want to sell it on for at least a grand profit) or can't get the cash somehow, then I don't understand your problem. Okay, so it needs a couple of things doing to it (and you could get really unlucky with the ABS costing a fortune) and it's in red rather than a nicer metallic - but that's got to be a bargain. I don't see how you can lose - just buy it! Now!!

I agree that if you can stretch to it, then buy it and keep hold of the G60 until you've made up your mind.

Jim, you can always sell it on, no harm done.

Its worth that all day Jim,

it also allows you to let your car go for 3-3.5k for a quick sale.

Even if you wanted to make a fast buck just buy it and Ebay it,must be worth 3k all day.

:D

and i'd say unmolested - lady owner!

now what I want to know is how the hell do you know that by what car she drives :wink: