CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

Erm, guilty, project stalled for the moment, well, not exactly stalled, but slow progress due to having too many things on the go. Current target is end of September to be back on the road. I promise to put up some more pictures of progress soon. A few pics of the exhaust manifold I had made for her:

DSC04043.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04042.jpg

Note, it is on the lounge floor carpet, not in the engine bay :( It needs to be heat coated by Zircotek but I want to deliver in person to avoid risk of damage.

I have some pictures of some sound insulation that I have started putting in that I will post up early next week.

That is engineering sculpture, frickin awesome looking manifold!

Yes, fortunately it fits around the vitals and clears the prop. It is so short of space it has to be heat coated so as not to melt the inlet and steering column boot.

To get her running I need to get the manifold heat coated, finish wrapping the engine loom, buy an SAI blanking plate, get the subframe powder coated, tracking done and then off for an MoT proviing it all works. I am actually looking forward to driving it again. It has been a while!!

So, a few little bits of progress:

Some sound insulation:

DSC03975.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04493.jpg

Some heat insulation:

DSC04541.jpg

With all this insulation I will be needing some shove to move the car along: the schrick cams in:

DSC04547.jpg

DSC04546.jpg

DSC04548.jpg

And some weight out:

DSC03968.jpg

Keep water out with this:

DSC03973.jpg

Keep water in with this:

DSC04549.jpg

Experimenting with some headlights, lightly smoked?

DSC04013.jpg

I am hoping to get the car running next weekend for the first time in a long time. Fingers crossed!!

Very nice, you're loosing the spoiler mech then? Sorry if I've missed it but are you having a fixed spoiler? Look forward to further updates :)

Awesome stuff! Did you manage to sound insulate the bulkhead? Loads of engine noise comes through there as you said!

In a word, not yet, I will be putting the heavy grade dynamat on the bulkhead, but I am going to get the car running first. Dash will be out next year as IMO it is too low at the moment, my legs barely clear the bottom of the steering wheel and I'm not that tall at 6'.

The floor and tunnel are yet to be covered, but I figure they could be easier than the doors, quarters, inner arches and bootlid. It all will be done though, just a matter of when!!

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Very nice, you're loosing the spoiler mech then? Sorry if I've missed it but are you having a fixed spoiler? Look forward to further updates :)

No, as Kev says, just drilled to shave off a few grams (and you really don't save much either!!). Fingers crossed that it still works...

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

that cylinder head shot is superb!

Shame the rest of the install doesn't look quite so smart at the moment :(

I think I have a leaking brake servo. I must have damaged it taking it out to replace some gromets in the bulkhead. That is going to be a pig to change because...almost everything I put in over the weekend will need to come back out. Arrrgghhhh!!

In a spirit in keeping with the previous owner, another nearly two years have passed...but...the car is 3/3 for the first time in nearly four years. Hopefully it will be my daily as of next week :)

Hey Neal, good to see my old motor has been developed to the standard it deserved. It clearly went to the right person.

p.s. hello everybody! haven't been on here for about 6 years at least!

Well, as they say, the time has come...

Perhaps like Coxy before, I seem to have got to the age where modifying cars doesn't seem to hold my interest any longer.

As such, I will be putting the Corrado up for sale shortly. It's a sad day but time moves on and it had to come. During my time of ownership I concentrated on getting the mechanicals and electrics 100% spot on. Ideally I would like the car to go to someone who will finally finish it cosmetically. If anyone is interested in the car, please drop me a note,

Thanks,

Neal.

Hi I might be interested. I've no idea how much it's worth though? Also I could do with some pictures how it looks right now. Can you pm them to me with the price please?

is this still for sale?

Hi there,

It is indeed still for sale, I have e-mailed you some pictures and also added some onto the for sale advert.

http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php?listing=corrado-r32-4wd-coxys-old-car-197439

If you are interested, please drop me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call,

Thanks,

Neal.