CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

What happened to the Porka seats mate?? Or are they coming at a later date??

Dream motor right there - R32 4motion rado. oooofff :notworthy:

cheers mate. Its been a long time in the making. Like i say its far from the complete article at the moment, it needs to be a lot quieter and smoother before i am happy with it.

The porsche seats are up in one of my bedrooms at the moment. I need to make some frames to mount them on. Its down the list at the moment until i get the car running right.

How are you finding the 4WD is feeling ? Had you driven a Corrado with 4WD before this one?

The 4wd is good mate, I have not really give it any real big test but I know it doesnt spin the wheels up even in damp conditions. Feels very planted, much like a vr6 supercharged rallye i had a go in many years ago.

The wheels are currently pointing all directions, yet despite that the car tracks straight and true. its impressive. It helps that its proper intelligent haldex 4wd, not just a viscous coupling.

How did you do the Haldex control in the end? Is the standard Haldex ECU, with all the respective ABS etc from a mk4?

How did you do the Haldex control in the end? Is the standard Haldex ECU, with all the respective ABS etc from a mk4?

That sounds foreign to me :lol: :lol: Haven't a clue whats going on there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ might know one day :confused4:

Feels very planted, much like a vr6 supercharged rallye i had a go in many years ago.

What's your car like to push? LOL!

I remember pushing a Rallye with no engine in it a while ago and because they have so much rear toe out as standard, the damn thing felt like it was 3 tonnes. All that drag on the road :lol:

not that bad actually - all the toe out is countered by the extreme camber, theres only a quarter of the rear tyres touching the floor lol!

only joking, its not actually that bad, I should know i have pushed the fecker in and out the garage for the last 5 years lol

thanks for the nice words people.

was reading back through the thread last night and was laughing at how many finish dates I had set :D

March seemed to be the month of choice .... but that was march 4 years ago :lol:

Need to get the car up on the ramps and make sure everything is working as it should.

Wow - congratulations! I know this has been a heck of a long time in the making. Another great project car for 2009.. it's a good year this year!

yes. I fitted the full r32 wiring loom to the car, including all the abs and esp stuff. sorted.

Nice. Working the way it should. Good work. :)

no vids or pics at the moment, I am still going very steady making sure everything is mechanically sound.

I will put some pictures up at the weekend.

Jay, I had to get my finger out, I couldnt have you completing 2 projects before i finished this one :)

the fettling continues...

somehow my diff has slowly leaked all its diff fluid out over the course of the project, which has explained a lot of the noise and rumbling from the back. luckily i have only done a few miles in it. quick fluid change and its now nice and quiet at the back. got a heat shield clattering the prop at the front, need to remove that.

Then its mainly geometry setup i think. oh and i now have an abs fault...typical...

Well, got most of the knocks sorted out, the car is driving really well now.

The main problem i am having now is the engine is throwing a cam position fault code up, Not 100% what is going on there...more investigation needed.

another quick snap of the car in my work carpark:

IMG_2019.jpg

needs a good polish and stuff but its getting there. Seems to get a lot of gawping when i am driving about, but i suppose they are pretty rare now.