CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

well, this is the story at the end of play tonight.

just need to cut the rest of the floor out, and then make up my space frame and I am in business!

Awesome, well done mate, good to see you're still cracking on with it ;-)

That rear setup looks like a seriously well engineered bit of kit aswell...

thats mine. i didnt like the look of the dutch dub kit, nor was I prepared to pay the money they want for what is essentially some cut bits of steel that i would have to weld up myself.

Mines sturdier anyway ;-)

yep you could say that. :)

I think I am due another tidy up session tonight tho lol

Nice to meet you the other night. I didnt make the connection between you and you forum persona!

rallye, or jetta syncro to be more specific.

The beam (the big long circular bit) is off the jetta syncro, with the haldex diff mounts fabricated to it. It then has a set of VR6 syncro rear wishbones on it, to get the wider track. the driveshafts are jetta syncro with 4motion inner cvs, and they all fit nicely with no cutting.

Poly bushed up and still able to fit the anti roll bar.

how do you like those apples ;)

I know I should change my avatar but I you can tell by my car, I tend to take my time somewhat :D

Cheers, that is the exact info i needed, i ahve all of the above with the exception of the bracketry and the vr rear arms, so time to get looking

thanks

And you seriously haven't worked in a garage before? How are you working out how to do this? Is someone showing/telling you or is it a see how it goes?

nope, I tap keyboards for a living.

I am not going to take the credit for inventing/discovering everything tho. In a community like this you have friends that you can draw on their knowledge, add a bit of your own, do a bit experimentation etc etc. Its more a progression of ideas over something totally new and ground breaking.

I got my mate Andy to do the welding on the haldex bracket as although I can weld, I trust his welding more than mine in that application.

A lot of the stuff is trial and error - and I have to admit it was almost a total fluke that the jetta drive shafts fitted perfectly. They would have been too small as the haldex diff is a big bugger, but the extra width on the outside gained by the VR6 rear wishbones countered that and maintained almost the same distance between the haldex cup and the wishbone bearing. All we did was get it so the prop will run smack down the middle of the tunnel.

I've only just started doing basic servicing, I suppose the biggest problem I have is somewhere to do it!

I imagine ripping a car apart teaches you a lot.

What about female retribution?

It must cost a bit in that area! I don't think my missus would be overjoyed!

in what way?

I had a big garage built onto the side of the house so I could work on the car in the warmth. She got an extra bedroom, bathroom, porch, and 50% extra on the size of the front room as compensation, she was happy.

I am lucky if I manage 5 hours a week on the car, so it doesnt really cause any problems. Plus now that I am actually still in the house when I am working on the car she can pass me cups of tea out and stuff lol :lol:

(hope she doesnt read this)

ok another small update.

For those of you who are considering doing a 4wd conversion without the use of a golf rallye boot floor and cross member, this is how much boot floor you need to take out.

What I intend to do is fit a piece of 80mm*40mm box section steel between the chassis legs as a mounting point for the rear axle. The reason I have cut so much of the boot floor away is that I am going to fit the rallye fuel tank also and it just wouldnt fit with the original floor. I will make all the relevant brackets to support the fuel tank in its correct place, then I will make a false floor up for it.

I think what you're doing is amazing!

I don't mean to be rude but, How much do you estimate this to cost? and what does your Insurance company think about all this??

Also, if you carry out this much work on a car, does it still class as a Corrado? Or more of a "Kit car"?

Sorry if thats an Odd question, maybe one too many Old Ps :oops:

I think what you're doing is amazing!

I will tell you whether its amazing or not when I drive it.

I don't mean to be rude but, How much do you estimate this to cost? and what does your Insurance company think about all this??

The car hasnt been insured for 3 years. I got a quote for 650 quid fully comp on it. I am going to have to insure it come october as my no claims will expire.

Also, if you carry out this much work on a car, does it still class as a Corrado? Or more of a "Kit car"?

Unfortunately its still a corrado. I say unfortunately cos my mate insures his lotus seven kit car for 150 quid a year...

If I had the money I'd love to do something like this.

When do you think it'll be finished?

What wheels are you planning on having?

Obviously I'm new on this forum, but I was expecting a lot more Euro style wheels but haven't found any yet. (by Euro I mean 15/16" but wider, instead of pimp my ride huge wheels)