CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

i can vouch for CoxyLaad's progress, since i picked up a few parts from him the car seems to be facing a different direction :lol:

But seriously it looked a hell'o'job, keep it going mate!

:-)

nope you are wrong there mate, it hasnt moved an inch! pmsl :lol:

Not sure what pressure switch I have Jay, but reading the diagrams, the pressure activates a positive (white wire) that goes to the ecu, but also splits and goes to the fan control relay. I would have thought the fan control relay would not be interested in square waves. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think the feature is called 'compressor ready' which lifts the idle to compensate for the extra load.

Also Jay you said that the control unit flashes or does something when you energise it if there is something wrong, but mine has been fine so far.

The same signal is sent to the fan control module aswell, in both types.

Without the pressure in the system making it send the right signal, the compressor will not engage.

I think this is a little more advanced than raising the idle, seems to actually affect the map to increase efficiency under load.

It will be fine until you have everything linked up and it realises something is wrong. It flashes when there is a fault code on the pressure side.

Jay

Oh bugger......I seem to have done it again!

After spending the last 6 months flipping and flopping on whether I should 4wd the car or not I have finally decided to do it.

So today I lifted the back of the car up, ripped off the fuel tank and the 2wd back axle in preperation for the 4wd install...

All looks so familar... :roll:

not that id be any use, but if lived any closer id come and give you a hand. i really want to see and here this beastie running big time.

prob not as much as you though ;-)

it would be nice to actually drive the git, instead of it just taking up space in my garage.

Your welcome to come and give me a hand - Andover cant be that far away from durham man - stop putting obsticles in the way lol :lol:

Coxy looking sweet mate! Bet you can't wait to drive it!

P.S, Coxy + Jay,

What are the colors of the wires i need to connect in order to get the climate tronic working? Want to quickerly do it next weekend if i can...

cheers Ben

Need to change your avatar Coxy.. seems a bit out of date ;)

umm ben... there are about 16 wires, maybes more!

If you have the loom and you just want the servos working for the fan control then there is a thick black and blue permanent live, and thin black and blue switched live, and I think a thin grey and blue for the illumination feed from your dash lights. I may be wrong about the colour of the dash light wire, I will check tomorrow when I get time.

glad you decided to go 4wd.

I truly think that if you'd put it on the road in 2wd you'd have already decided never to 4wd it, but then you wouldn't have been happy with the traction so you'd have sold it.

a step in the right direction.

Coxy, thanks mate.. I'll get cracking with the Climate control wiring after the MOT if I get time on sat.

I agree with Phat, 4wd is the right decision! I promise you'll love it! It makes so much difference a) putting the power on the ground (even the syncro) and b) handling! The handling is superb!

Its worth the extra effort chap!

So see it finished at E38 then? ;-)

no bother Ben, I have the the wiring diagram for it if you want it.

The thing that convinced me to do was that I was sat thinking and I remembered I had been out in a supercharged VR6 rallye, and that felt brilliant. The extra weight at the back end really helps to balance the whole car back up. The hwhole thing felt utterly planted.

Sold me there and then.

no bother Ben, I have the the wiring diagram for it if you want it.

The thing that convinced me to do was that I was sat thinking and I remembered I had been out in a supercharged VR6 rallye, and that felt brilliant. The extra weight at the back end really helps to balance the whole car back up. The hwhole thing felt utterly planted.

Sold me there and then.

There you go! It really is worth the wait. What have you got to do at the rear then? Start everything again from scratch? Engine is pretty much ready, right? Then just interior and ??

Dude if you have an electronic version of the wiring diagram for the CC then yes I would love it.. if not I'll have a surf around the net and see if I can find it.. I have a Mk4 Bentley manual but their wiring diagrams are aweful!

There you go! It really is worth the wait. What have you got to do at the rear then?

I am not doing the boot cutting thing this time. I have the 4wd axle ready to go in, and I am going to mount it up to the front mounting points, then see where the rear mount is sitting, then fabricate a crossmember for it.

Then I will offer up the rallye fuel tank and see what I have to do to get that to fit. Me and horrocks were talking and believe it will go in with some minor modification.

Start everything again from scratch? Engine is pretty much ready, right? Then just interior and ??

Yeah engine is ready, just need an exhaust really. I have to refit my dashboard, fit this alarm that I have, refit the seats, wire in the 4wd controller and ABS loom, steering wheel/yaw rate sensors. Wire in the cruise control, and I think thats about it.

Dude if you have an electronic version of the wiring diagram for the CC then yes I would love it.. if not I'll have a surf around the net and see if I can find it.. I have a Mk4 Bentley manual but their wiring diagrams are aweful!

pm me your email and I will send it on to you.

There you go! It really is worth the wait. What have you got to do at the rear then?

I am not doing the boot cutting thing this time. I have the 4wd axle ready to go in, and I am going to mount it up to the front mounting points, then see where the rear mount is sitting, then fabricate a crossmember for it.

Then I will offer up the rallye fuel tank and see what I have to do to get that to fit. Me and horrocks were talking and believe it will go in with some minor modification.

Start everything again from scratch? Engine is pretty much ready, right? Then just interior and ??

Yeah engine is ready, just need an exhaust really. I have to refit my dashboard, fit this alarm that I have, refit the seats, wire in the 4wd controller and ABS loom, steering wheel/yaw rate sensors. Wire in the cruise control, and I think thats about it.

pm me your email and I will send it on to you.[/quote:3f5bf]

It will fit.. we did it on another 4wd corrado. Just chopped some of the spare wheel well out and used a passat g60 syncro cross member with the correct diff mount. To fit the tank, it might sit a bit lower but it should fit ;-)

the 4 litres thing is a myth. gordy asked vince about it, he said he knew nothing about it

.....??????

VInce must've beenhaving a jolly jape when he said this to me then..... :roll:

When at Stealth getting mine mapped, the conversation went along the lines of.......

me - "what'dyou reckon, vince - DTA, rebore, out to 3.3 ish???"

Vince - " just stick a 24v in and take it out to 4 litre..."

don't be tempted to hang the tank any lower, it'll poke out too far below the bumper (the syncro one already pokes out too far for my liking)

little bit of progress.

Heres something you dont see every day:

The synro/haldex hybrid rear assembly appears to be quite a well balanced beast.

More pictures this evening when I do some more work.