CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

nice progress at last.

glad to see other members finally taking interest i this car too!

R32 and 4wd in a Corrado, whatever gave you that idea... ;-) (that engine looks kind of familiar too.....)

this made my day, seems like I was about 3 pages behind which is always a treat

what you guys are doing shows a true passion towards the corrado because with all the time and money

invested, you could buy an already fast, used car but why not be different?

that's something that my friends will never understand and hope that one day i can realize this dream too

keep up the good work!!

[edit] sorry if this is a dumb question but how will you know for sure that the rear assembly will be perfectly alligned

between the sides of the car without the syncro floor pan, maybe with many measurements taken between the axle and the rear arches?

this made my day, seems like I was about 3 pages behind which is always a treat

what you guys are doing shows a true passion towards the corrado because with all the time and money

invested, you could buy an already fast, used car but why not be different?

that's something that my friends will never understand and hope that one day

i can realize this dream too

keep up the good work!!

I agree mate. Tis what I dream of doing if I win the lottery or P/bonds million)

Can't wait to see the finished product!!

It's can't NOT be aligned really, from a side to side perspective. The syncro axle has 2 cast steel mounts which bolt onto the car where the old 2wd axle pivots used to live. this locates the whole axle. the holes are slotted slightly, but so are the 2wd ones, for adjustment by anyone who does pukka laser wheel alignment.

The mount in the middle just needs a crossmember to sit under to support it. so it's getting the height of this right so the diff sits at the right angle and the prop sits inline.

hhmm that makes more sense

cheers

[edit] I don't think you necesarilly need to win the lottery to do this, it's all about priorities as long as you don't get married and live with your parents :lol:

scuse me? I moved out from my parents about 8 years ago, and I am as good as married, although I cant be fecked with all the poncy ceremony sh1t

good to see some progress again

haha I knew that wasn't the case for you coxy but personally

if life bites me in the a** I wouldn't mind doing that...well maybe a little

:offtopic1:

sorry. Pic update.

This is as of last weekend.

at this point the beam wasnt welded in, and the fuel tank is just wedged in to see how it will fit.

Since then I have welded in the crossmember, and drilled the hole for the mounting point. tomorrow I am going to weld in the captive nut from the original bracket.

Not had much time on it this week unfortunately :(

update.

Spent the day constructing the framework for my boot floor. Note the nice location of the battery.

Its not finished but you get the idea.

yep.

I think I am just going to bond the panels on it. I need to make a couple of hatches too as I am going to have a place to store stuff.

Doubles - I have converted my car to 4wd the unconventional way. so if I want it to look nice I have a degree of fabrication to do. I ran out of steel today so I will finish it off tomorrow afternoon.