Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

UK Gumball (Corrado)

After watching the GUmball 3000 on sky I reckon we should have a small UK one obviously Corrados only.

Anyone interested??? ideas?? comments?

My first thoughts were going from one end of the country to the other and have perhaps 6 meet up points so not everyone necessarily has to start from the beginning or has to go the whole distance.

Obviously it would be a rally (not a race :roll: )

T.

Sounds like a good idea.Not a lot of response so far though..

Come on you lot.

The A9 north of Inverness is a crackin bit of tra....road.

(No speed cameras either. 8) )

Hmmm, I like the sound of that. Something for the summer though I think (my finances are still recovering from Christmas).

Cheers,

Tom

The guy who started the gumball rally, max cooper used to live in my village and i know him quite well, i'll ask him if we can join up, might need to supercharge the old vr though! :D

Hm.. that sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see an enormous Corrado convoy! Would be superb!

I knew I was on to something here!!! Thanks for the positive feedback and yes I was thinking quite a few months ahead too. I am sooooo skint at the minute its not funny.

If you guys have ideas on what can be done that would be cool. One of the other things I thought was trying to incorporate a track day (a few hours).

Going to RR days in convoys of 6-10 Corrados is cool but I like the sound of 20++ cruising down the motorway 8)

Cheers

Timo.

Yeah its a great idea Simon-Id def be up for it. Would it be a lands end to John o' groats trip?

Cheers Fraser

Thats what I was thinking, although I dont fancy driving all that way up, but who knows. Kinda seems like cheating if you only do some of it. It'll be some fuel bill, better become an AA member me thinks!!!

T.

Yeah wed need to meet at one end of the country if we did that.Or a tour around the country.

Cheers Fraser

Sounds like a good idea.Not a lot of response so far though..

Come on you lot.

The A9 north of Inverness is a crackin bit of tra....road.

(No speed cameras either. 8) )

I'll second that. Except they are in the middle of straightening out some the road immediately north of helmsdale...... that was one of the best bits!

Why do they insist on doing that?

max cooper used to live in my village and i know him quite well

I know David whom ran it with him, he was up here in South Shields at Christmas i'm suposed to be joining the Bullrun this year in April as part of the crew in the USA so if that all pans out it should be fun.

Max and David had a bit of a dissagreement last year so kinda went thier seperate ways.

Anyone could have gone on the Gumball or Bullrun last year from London to Ibiza but for the hefty entry fee and the supporting cost and license risk.

Non of us are really wealthy enough to do it without worry, and that's what it's all about.

The Guy who works for the Ascari rece way earns £14,000 per week and has little money worries, hence participates in the Bullrum and previously the Gumball3000

I got a phone call at 9:05am a few months back from David(Bullrun) telling me to get down to london in my Skyline for 12noon for the launch party for the London-Ibiza run.

Sadly it was too short notice and he couldn't believe i didn't go and turn up!

He was letting me do it free of charge instead of the £7000 entry fee i think it was but i just couldn't have made it and had no cloths or anything with me and i was in Newcastle at the time.

Chris

Had some other thoughts on how to do it today.

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean but here goes.

Basically it there's 4 seperate rallys.

The first one starts in the middle of Britain somewhere (I'm thinking the Borders or somewhere in North England) this heads North up to John O' Groats picking up the people that haven't started at the beginning but wish to enjoy the fun. It ends at John O' Groats.

The second is basically the return journey, dropping off the people that where picked up if they dont want to go all the way back to the intial start.

The third then starts from the initial start point and goes down to Land's End again picking up people that didn't start from the beginning.

And the fourth, yes you guest it, is from Lands End back to the start.

My thinking in this is it hard to expect everyone to do Jonh to Lands End. This way you can do as much as you like, and if you enjoying the trip you can do more if you want without committing to a full run of the UK.

So, what do you think of the idea?? And any ideas on where to start from (need to get the map out!!) and also when to do it? I'm thinking the easter holidays and it guarantees most people will be off and having 4 mini rallys is going to take more than a weekend.

cheers

Timo.