Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Alarm remote key fob replacement

I've got a Scorpion 916 full closure alarm that came with my C and the key fob is on it's last legs.

Can I get a replacement or is it too old? It does look well used. Could it have been on from the factory?

Ta

try road radio prob rip u off with a silly price,,,,, u can buy the shell or with the electrics,,, i think normally a shell goes for something like £15

good luck

I think it's the circuit board inside that's buggered.

I might be better off buying new system as the siren under the bonnet looks as old as the car.

I replaced mine from Timpsons (the shoe repairers) - they got me 2 'learning' fobs for £50, you just use the old one to program the new ones, they work fine but the range isn't as good as the original..

Just got one button on mine.

If I don't get any joy from Scorpion direct I'll just buy a new alarm system.

I also need one like the picture !

I have 2, one on way out , 1 looks like never used, however it does not work, tried new battery...nothing, any ideas please !

You will be able to get a new remote from Scorpion - I phoned them about a month ago regarding mine and their tech guy said they're about £30 - but at least it'll be an official Scorpion one... 8)

Can you PM me a pic if you do get one cos I'd like to see the replacement remote before splashing out £30 - mine works fine; I just want a more modern-looking one! :lol:

I managed to get through on the number that's on their website - the tech guy did say they were moving workshops at the time so that could ba a reason for the lack of response, so probably worth trying again now!

I have the number for the company that have taken over Scorpion if any one wants it.

Gavin

Sorry to jump in on this thread, where can you get learning remotes from. I could do with getting a spare.

Post it up Gav :)

Sorry Mike, don't often go back looking at previous threads.

01257 249928

Also found idiots guide for VW/Scorpion 5000 alarm. Details programming of transmitters etc.

Gavin