Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Audioscape moulded sub enclosure - update 21/02

He's done the same as me, there's a Genesis 4 channel bolted to the passenger side cavity wall. Tucks under there (just) very neatly!

i'm thinking of buying the 5 inch x2sub enclosure how does this compare with a 12 inch sub? i'm currently running a JBL 12 inch GTO sub and its lardy dimensions take up half the boot space!

also i like the idea of the 4 chanel amp bolted to passenger side cavity, but the series 3 that you have is a bit steep, is there a cheaper alternative with the same dimensions, i'm thinking 150 ish? also would a cheaper 4 chanel amp cope with the two 5 inch subs and a set of 6 x 9's

cheers

The 2 x 5" sounded OK but didn't have anywhere near the depth or weight as a 10 or 12, but that is what the customer wanted so Audioscape obliged.

Yeah the Series III is expensive but if you're into SQ, it's quite an amp!

Genesis do a Profile range though which is considerably cheaper, and also smaller. It also has a fan built in so you don't need to remove the parcel shelf speaker as I've had to do to allow the heat to escape through the grill.

And erm, sorry there's no update on the box as yet. Audioscape have been mega busy of late and I've been busy returning my car back to stock.....but I'm aiming to get started on it with the next fortnight.

Cheers

K

It's been ages since i've spoken about car audio with any seriousness.

I'm impressed Kev with your hi-fi.

I've had a few Genesis amps and always thought they had a stunning musical clarity of sound, more audiophile than SPL.

Excellent for stereo imaging and a strong front stageing.

I've had a fair bit of good hifi stolen over the years which saddens me as the tealeafs that got the stuff will have no idea of what they have!

I currently have a Rockford Fosgate Power 300 which is a 4channel amp and it offers a nuts amount of RMS full frequency power and is bridgeable and 2ohm stable.

A 12" rockford sub and Focal Kevlar componants up front as well as other bits and bobs like crossovers and such.

None of this is in my VR yet but i guess i'll try to sort it for this summer.

Chris

He's done the same as me, there's a Genesis 4 channel bolted to the passenger side cavity wall. Tucks under there (just) very neatly!

i'm thinking of buying the 5 inch x2sub enclosure how does this compare with a 12 inch sub? i'm currently running a JBL 12 inch GTO sub and its lardy dimensions take up half the boot space!

also i like the idea of the 4 chanel amp bolted to passenger side cavity, but the series 3 that you have is a bit steep, is there a cheaper alternative with the same dimensions, i'm thinking 150 ish? also would a cheaper 4 chanel amp cope with the two 5 inch subs and a set of 6 x 9's

cheers

The 2 x 5" sounded OK but didn't have anywhere near the depth or weight as a 10 or 12, but that is what the customer wanted so Audioscape obliged.

Yeah the Series III is expensive but if you're into SQ, it's quite an amp!

Genesis do a Profile range though which is considerably cheaper, and also smaller. It also has a fan built in so you don't need to remove the parcel shelf speaker as I've had to do to allow the heat to escape through the grill.

And erm, sorry there's no update on the box as yet. Audioscape have been mega busy of late and I've been busy returning my car back to stock.....but I'm aiming to get started on it with the next fortnight.

Cheers

K

i think i'm gona have to stick with the 12 on the drivers side and sneek a quality amp in.

cheers andy

ha ha me too i have no bass how can i listen to music with no bass we should write a letter to kev'll fix it!

Yeah absolutely. The car isn't going for a while anyway. As always, time is at a premium these days....

It's a bit tricky mate cause they need the car for two days, meaning I have to borrow someone else's car for work. Don't worry, my busy spell has subsided now so I'll get it booked in.

cool, let us know, im still well up for it, been wantin them to make one of these since i bought my corrado!!! :lol:

if i didnt live so far away, i woulda had mine in :)

just hope everyone else is still intersted for a group buy to go ahead

just hope everyone else is still interested for a group buy to go ahead

I still am, i might not be able to afford it and probably have to sell something to fund it, but gotta have bass.

Spoke to the bloke on the stand on Sunday at Inters (unsure of his name) and he says he is up for this if there is enough firm interest from us here. This is something I am definately up for so put me down for it.

Spoke to the bloke on the stand on Sunday at Inters

which stand? audioscape? i really need this very soon!

i thought Kev gauged interest????

does he know nothing of it then? ???

Im NEEDIN one of these.

wanted one for 3 years now :lol:

Yep we had a number of enquiries about these at inters but everyone just groaned and walked off when we discussed pricing....

Seems to me that people want things these days but aren't prepared to pay for the quality.....

I'm not saying you guys are that way inclined but if I get 10 or more FIRM orders, I will leave my car at Audioscape for 3 days whilst they make up the moulds.

Considerations need to be made for floor height (early and late cars & 4x4 conversions all different) and sub size, ported or sealed. They all affect the size and sound.

If it would be easier, I can get them to make a generic 0.75 cu ft cabinet for a sealed 10? Some of you may not get a 12 in depending on the floor height but I will investigate.

well, this thread Died because you kept saying the same thing about gettin your car in, and nuthin ever came of it. it appears more peole got bored and stopped caring unfortunatly.

i think they'd be more likely to make a generic box for an 13"/11" focal (there dealers and smaller subs can be fitted and hidden under the grille!) in a sealed fashion.

that to me would be the most obvious choice for them to appeal to a greater market. i cant see them making toonnes of different ones, or they might as well just keep making one off stuff!

ill still have one please kev.

they still the same price?

would there be adifference between early and late models?

cheers :)

they could eb made generic to late cars and early cars will just have a wee gap at the bottom...

i'd need that for my false floor that would be going in..

well, this thread Died because you kept saying the same thing about gettin your car in, and nuthin ever came of it. it appears more peole got bored and stopped caring unfortunatly.

Why don't you drive your car down here for the guinea pig then?

I need my car for work and Audioscape have been busy, so it was genuinely difficult to get the car in for the required 3 days.

And, the majority of people said "Yeah, might be interested depending on price". If you ran Audioscape, would you start making moulds based on that level of non-commital?

And after I updated the thread yesterday, only 2 people have come back as firm definites....

So, once again, if I get 10 FIRM names, they will be produced.

Why don't you drive your car down here for the guinea pig then?

I need my car for work and Audioscape have been busy, so it was genuinely difficult to get the car in for the required 3 days.

take a look at the mileage, then think what im thinking.. you'll get the idea :roll:

im not blasting you for using your car.

im not bothered if you couldnt get it in.

all im syaing is you shouldnt of said you could get it in to get it made if it wasnt the case.

at 9 pages long, im surprised i havent gave up on the thread. well i pretty much have, but at least i still read it.

if this has to be done properly, this has to be locked and a fresh new thread be started.