Had a couple of charity collectors on the doorstep yesterday asking about the vr6. Of course, they were far too young to actually know what it was, but knew they liked it. When I pointed out it was 21 years old they were amazed..

Had my first chufty in ages on the weekend. Pulled into the petrol station for the usual Shell V-Power hit, and when I came out after paying there was a younger chap stood at the back of the car looking around it. I walked up to the car and he looked up and said "Really nice car mate!" - I just sheepishly said something about her being a bit tired these days but thanks, hopped in and drove off.

Had my first chufty in ages on the weekend. Pulled into the petrol station for the usual Shell V-Power hit, and when I came out after paying there was a younger chap stood at the back of the car looking around it. I walked up to the car and he looked up and said "Really nice car mate!" - I just sheepishly said something about her being a bit tired these days but thanks, hopped in and drove off.

tidy Jim!

& good girl - hope you enjoyed the feeling & it helps you restore your love

helps you restore your love

Nope. That's long gone unfortunately. Driving it purely to just try and complete the engine 'run in' and keep the battery charged over the winter months.

Nope. That's long gone unfortunately. Driving it purely to just try and complete the engine 'run in' and keep the battery charged over the winter months.

at least you are driving it though Jim :)

Perhaps just take the battery back home to charge occasionally, SORN the car, and come back to it in 3 or 4 months Jim. Take a bit of time away then reacquaint yourself with it after that time. They're old cars and can't be compared to new stuff, but they do become a little tiresome if you drive them too often. Just a thought though I imagine you've considered it at some point.

Parked the daily up in a city centre car park and headed to site. As walking away a guy shouted really nice motor mate

I thanked him and said shame she needs a clean!!

But he just said nice no the less.

Not bad for the tatty green daily😀

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Nice chuftie from a young guy in a Volvo S70 yesterday morning. Senor C had just been washed and polished for his drive down to Kent and was looking rather shiney, and this guy was giving it a very enthusiastic thumbs up and was positively drooling!! LOLZ!

I find fewer and fewer people actually know what they are these days.. they don't even think it's a scirroco any more.

I find fewer and fewer people actually know what they are these days.. they don't even think it's a scirroco any more.
This is true.......

not had a chuftie for a while but this one raised a big smile

after paying for vpower a returning to the valver the guy at the next pump was filling his aston martin & rained down praise on the old girl whilst saying he thinks the prices for them will rocket in the next 10 years

made me chuckle to myself as i drove off too, it is a nice feeling when someone in a £80 odd grand aston loves your little corrado :D lol

Not my Chuftie, but i was dead chuffed when I saw 3 Corrado's today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in Banbury and close by.

A Burgundy, a Aqua Blue and a lovely Ice Violet.

I was in the 350z typical !!

Had a couple, one at a esso garage who then offered to sell me his r32.

Then this car pulled up next to me on the m20 with big smiles and thumbs

18620938_1298612300246676_603791849025056719_o.jpg?oh=e698c48bfb48683801c09fe7f0c799e8&oe=59B27EED

Chap in my village who owns a 996 Carrera 4S always has a chat to me about my Porsche, but very matter of fact. He accosted me outside the bakers yesterday drooling over my Corrado.he didn't realise I had one! As he walked away I just sat looking at the car in the sunshine and smiling to myself!

So many recently. From the carparks at Goodwood to the high street in Southborough. The one that sticks out was from an unlikely source. Chap ambling across the road whilst I was stuck in traffic crawling alone. He was dressed like he had had a tough day labouring at the site, looked like he was well lubricated and sipping from a can as he meandered towards me across the road. My natural thought was 'please don't knock the car as you stagger past'. Needn't have worried as he gave me a thumbs up and mumbled 'cracking car that mate, lovely'...phew!

Got a nod from a guy at the BP services on the A303 while driving back from Dorset yesterday afternoon. Was in the queue to pay for some petrol, and the guy gave my arm a nudge and said 'very nice Corrado you have there, must be worth a bit now'.

I had a chuftie today to cheer me up after an awful day. My wife damaged the wheel (and possibly suspension) of the Golf in the snow today. I don't want anyone to drive it until it's been fixed and checked for further damage. So I collected my daughter from the school coach stop this afternoon in the Corrado. While I'm parked waiting a young guy, young 20's, returns to his own car. Before he got in he came over and knowcked on the window, asked how old it was, said he loved it and that Corrad's were one of his favourite cars. I was surprised he knew what it was and it's certainly older than him.

So overall a crap day but a nice chuftie in the snow.

• Like 1

Another one today as a couple of guys came over to chat about the car as I was filling it with petrol. They hadn't seen one in years but knew what it was, even down to the engine and loved it.

My daughter commented a couple of days ago how we are always looked at when we are in the Corrado.

Was driving south on the M1 Sheffield stretch.

Saw a guy in his SUV white shirt and tie taking photos of my car from the middle lane, I was in the slow lane pondering why he was doing this, then he gave me the thumb up and said lovely car.

Had the same as well two days later lady at the back of me at traffic lights in Killamarsh took a pic and I lip-read her saying to her son that's a VR6 Corrado very nice.

Chuffed I was.

Other than ones owned by people i know, have not seen a random one on my travels for ages. Becoming a rarity on the roads

I had yet another one today... while sat at some traffic lights with the sunroof open a lorry pulls up next to me. He leans out of the cab window and calls down through the sunroof "You look after her mate, she's beautiful" :)

Two more today...

Stopped outside my house by a guy who used to own a scirocco (he travelled across the US with it).

Also stopped outside Screwfix by someone who hadn't seen one in years.

Not quite the right thread but smoked a 330 off the lights. Thought he would.leave me for dust but he didn't manage to catch up.but not for want of trying, vy tye sound of it! I guess a schrick, cams and obd2 do help a bit then :)

Bloke who works at the local tip approached when I parked up to get rid of a boot full of leaves, thought I maybe parked wrong but, no, he started saying how lovely the car was and you don’t see them anymore and he hadn’t seen one in years, takes him back a bit.

As he set off walking around it he asked “ is it a GTI” “no I it’s a VR6” I replied waitIng for the penny to drop. Which it did when he got around the back. But to his credit he never mentioned Scirroco but we both new that’s what he thought it was at first. Still he said bloody lovely when he walked off.

You got to laugh

I get comments on nice car when it's in for work at garages - wheel alignment etc. and by delivery drivers whilst i'm out fixing or cleaning it.

I had a great one a couple of months back though - I was front of the lights and a chap was literally stopped in his tracks as he crossed the road - he stopped to marvel at the car, then carried on crossing looking back. Once he got to the pavement he stopped and turned around to look at it again, turned and walked a couple of steps and and stopped again to admire the car! I felt a bit uncomfortable with the attention to be honest as the lady in the car next to me had a bewildered look on her face as to what was going on. All hail the Corrado.