Not a direct chuftie, I know, but still... just got off the phone to M&S car insurance for a quote and the guy dealing with me immediately started enthusing about Corrados, which made the whole process a lot more pleasant. He said that every day he gives out a 'Car of the Day' award (!) to the person who rings in with the best car and today he'd give it to the Corrado for being the best looking. He cheerily signed off with, 'enjoy that pretty car of yours!'

He also said he once enjoyed blasting through the Blackwell Tunnel in a VR6 with the windows down...

The fully comp/NCB protected quote of only £276.52 was pretty good too (on a 1.8 16v).

Pulling up to a set of traffic lights, I noticed a group of guys behind me in a car. The front passenger could clearly been seen trying to explain (using hand movements) that Corrado's have an auto retractable boot spoiler.... He was clearly impressed with this....

Pulling up to a set of traffic lights, I noticed a group of guys behind me in a car. The front passenger could clearly been seen trying to explain (using hand movements) that Corrado's have an auto retractable boot spoiler.... He was clearly impressed with this....

LOL, i won a quid with my spoiler from a silly arse from work, after a chat about the varon, didnt beleve the C did it, LOL, KNOB. :D

Had to chuckle this evening.. was sitting in a queue of traffic and suddenly became aware of movement out of the corner of my eye on the pavement. A few young lads (about 8 years old or so) were stood close to the car all having a good look at it - one went to the front and looked at the grille (he was probably checking to see if it was a VR6.. heh) and his mate on a little push scooter lined up alongside me ready to race me! I waited for the car in front to drive forward and leave a good gap.. then started to crawl away.. the kid on the scooter starting punting along furiously, then I hit the loud pedal and roared ahead for a second or two - looked in the rear view mirror and his mates were all leaping around enthusiastically with their arms in the air. Was cool. Glad to see even young kids still see the Corrado as a cool car! :D

haha, i love it when i say, to a mate in the passenger seat whilest im driving, one of the main gimicks of a corrado is the spoiler, and loads they say, what about the spoiler...so then whilest driving and getting near 47 mph i say, watch the spoiler, their like....woooooooow!

Don't know if this counts, but upon my return from buying the Corrado I stopped in to work to show my manager who was beside himself when I text him on the way back to say id bought one. Arrived and he spent 20 minutes staring and sitting in it etc.....He used to have a 2.0 16v, same color. I could see a glint in his eye and he has already said he wants to buy it off me when im done with it lol.

Got into work on the monday and he said he had double checked his insurance policy, and he is insured to have a blast in it lol !!!!!! Guy in our other office has also heard that I have one and we had a brief chat this morning about it and he also is desperate tor a drive.

I am so glad I bought one, definately was not a mistake!!!!!

Lee

Not a particularly interesting one but I got a "thumbs up" from an old boy who was working on a house down my road :)

20 minutes after i bought my rado I was sat in a traffic jam and someone in a calibra next to me asked if i wanted to sell it!!! I politly refused and flew off as he tried to race me when the traffic cleared!

Got a thumbs up from a guy in a TVR Tuscan!

I think he was quite surprised how well I did when I saw him boot it off the roundabout onto a long stretch of dual! :)

The indicators in the rear windscreen on those things is such a randomly cool touch!

Don't know if this counts... was followed to my flat by an erratically driven, modded Audi A4, in a very distinctive yellow yesterday. You know who you are whoever you are... next time bring a blimmin' camera! :shock:

When I was at Silverstone last week, I was in and around the Team Dynamics BTCC team (aka BIG ORANGE CIVICS!) and the chief engineer gave me a nod of approval when I said I owned a Corrado.

It was quite humbling :oops: :)

Doing some final preparations for U-Dubs out on the drive. Next door neighbour pulled up and said,"Wow, your car looks like new!" :D

not realy sure it was a chuftie

started a job in a customers house the begining of the week and decided to take the raddo,

no -body home so just crack on. some time later a rather nice looking lady turns up in a volvo s40 gets out and gapes at my car,

she stood there looking at it for about 3 minutes looking it up and down which then she comes in the house

puts her keys on the table and stares out the window...... she then speaks to me and says have you seen what is out side?

To which i reply no what is it? a corrado its realy low with great big wheels!!! she says. so i reply by telling her that it is mine.WOW ive never got a women so excited so quickly, she says grab your keys i want to have a look...... after maybe 15 minutes of gorping at my car she takes me indoors and says she has something to show me :norty: . yer rite.

so she opens the garage door and there under a car cover is a gleaming midnight blue raddo,this is my baby she says,she only comes out when i need to let off steam. well i was stuned by the amount she could tell me about them she realy knew her stuff.

by this time there was only one thing that needed to let off steam and that was me!!! :norty: :luvlove:

needless to say this job is takeing longer than it should.......

not realy sure it was a chuftie

started a job in a customers house the begining of the week and decided to take the raddo,

no -body home so just crack on. some time later a rather nice looking lady turns up in a volvo s40 gets out and gapes at my car,

she stood there looking at it for about 3 minutes looking it up and down which then she comes in the house

puts her keys on the table and stares out the window...... she then speaks to me and says have you seen what is out side?

To which i reply no what is it? a corrado its realy low with great big wheels!!! she says. so i reply by telling her that it is mine.WOW ive never got a women so excited so quickly, she says grab your keys i want to have a look...... after maybe 15 minutes of gorping at my car she takes me indoors and says she has something to show me :norty: . yer rite.

so she opens the garage door and there under a car cover is a gleaming midnight blue raddo,this is my baby she says,she only comes out when i need to let off steam. well i was stuned by the amount she could tell me about them she realy knew her stuff.

by this time there was only one thing that needed to let off steam and that was me!!! :norty: :luvlove:

needless to say this job is takeing longer than it should.......

I can almost hear the bom chicky wah wah 70's "art" film music playing when I read this ! :salute:

Was in butty shop yesterday and woman was lookin at it and told me she loved it and used to have a Scirocco years ago!!! :clap:

Speaking of Sciroccos... Police tonight, while I was parked in the hills came by and checked me out - Obviously wanting to know why I was up there. Anyway their conversation steered towards the C. One with a torch shone a light over the my car, saying "Oh yeah, Life On Mars isn't it? Do you watch that at all - nice car isn't it?" I'm like - "...you mean Ashes to Ashes?", he's like "...err yeah". I say "That's an Audi", He's like "...oh right." "So this is a Scirroco then?" I'm like no... Didn't care to tell him what it was in the end. His colleague then looked at me and rolled his eyes! :roll:

I happened to look out of the window at work on friday to see a couple hovering about my C :nono:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:24k663my]

Then the girl got a camera out and started taking a few pics :D

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:24k663my]

Then she got her husband/boyfriend to take a couple of her next to the car :clap:

3.jpg[/attachment:24k663my]

Who knows how far she would have went if it was a nice summers day ? :dance: :norty:

Got to say it made my day :D :D :D

I happened to look out of the window at work on friday to see a couple hovering about my C :nono:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:134qcx3s]

Then the girl got a camera out and started taking a few pics :D

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:134qcx3s]

Then she got her husband/boyfriend to take a couple of her next to the car :clap:

3.jpg[/attachment:134qcx3s]

Who knows how far she would have went if it was a nice summers day ? :dance: :norty:

Got to say it made my day :D :D :D

I'll take your word for :lol: can't make anything out on them pics :lol:

P.S May take that back when im sober :crazyeyes: :drinking:

was at work (in kitchen at a pub) and someone working on bar says, "neil, someone is talking about your car on the bar", so i goes out and gets talking to him, telling me how much he loves them and do i want to sell it, took me 5 times to say no because he would let me go back to work!

Last week, I was in a petrol station and was reading through the PVW magazine. This bloke come up to me and asked if I had a VW. I told him I have a Corrado VR6 and he said his brother on here as got one and is currently doing a 4x4 conversion. I then went out to look at his car and he had a brand spanking new Porsche Carrera :shock: Not really a chuftie but I was just seeing who this could be on here?