At the VW garage today one of the staff walked past and commented "Ah, a proper car" :)

This morning i was at the shell filling up and an older guy in the que turned around and pointed at the G60 and asked it it was mine , he then proceded to shower the car in complements saying how nice they look and sound, saying "its amazing that they stoped making them so long ago but they still look so modern"

he asked if i have done the work on it myself to which i replied "yeah" and he said "keep it up youve got a lovely motor there"

great start to the day.........

came out of the gym and one of the lads says: the Corrado is it yours? I was surprised he even knew what one was, until he told me he was really in to his Mk2s. Then he proceeded to grab a friend of his as he left, saying 'he's the guy who owns that Corrado. Look at it, bloody wicked'

Had a nice one yesterday - I had the C up on ramps while I flushed the transmission out and got stopped by a white van driver after he'd parked up. Quote: 'You haven't had it very long, have you? The first time I saw it I was like wow I want that car!' :D Had a nice chat, he knew all about the different engines...apparently he's always wanted one, so I told him that was my justification for buying it! Made some of the wriggling around on the gravel seem a bit more worthwhile :)

Stone

(Copied from new closed thread)

Yeah, that is because they are made by people, for people, and is not a braindead heartless design of some twat who only wants to make money, not giving a dime of what people drive in.

Went to a do it yourself workshop today, to change the gearbox oil, and already when I stepped in the door to get a lift, the manager asked me countless questions of this and that. I asked my friend to drive it into the workshop area, and onto the lift, so I could see how many milimeters between the front spoiler and the lift, and while he did that, I was just gazing at the Corrado. That is not allways the most great looking car on a picture (others spring to mind), but it sure enough is a really great looking car in real life. It's so small and low, and sounds sooooo great (G60), that I couldn't help staring at it, while he drove around. Then I noticed that the other people working at their cars also looked at the Corrado, just like me Not that it matters, I did not get the Corrado for looks, but for the fun it gives, but still it says something that a big beemer does not. It communicates to you as a driver and as a spectator.

Somehow, making a little adjustment or exchangeing a part on the Corrado, give so much more in return back to you, when you afterwards drive it, look at it, drive it home, look at it, wash it, look at it, wax it, look at it, drive it into the garage at home, look at it, lock it, look at it, leave the garage, look at it, close the garage door, take a sneak look at it, and.... Argh...

And that is a rare thing, so enjoy

Cheers,

Redfox.

As you cant get insurance below the age of 25 i got my dad to drive my G60 back from doncaster to cambs and he thought it was great then.............he hasnt driven it since so a year on its had a new stage 4 charger + 68mm pully + RSR outlet + new starter motor + battery + conti sport contact 2 at the back and toyo T1R's at the fornt (with tracking) +decat stainless scorpion exhaust plus loads extra little bits like oil ,filters,plugs distibutor cap and rotor arm....... ect

and today i chucked my dad the keys and we went out for a drive and he absoutely loved it 1 hour later he finally drove home lol.... just goes to show how infectious a corrado can be

My School football team were playing an away game the other day, and we arrived just as the children were going home. A group of boys walked past as I was getting parked and one of them said "That car is siiiiiiiiiick!" :lol:

I happened to get chatting casually to my new boss yesterday about the Corrado and he suddenly commented "Oh very nice. Is it the supercharged one?" and started recanting a story of his friend owning one back in the days they were new. Apparently he really liked it and often used to borrow it as it was such great fun and so quick (for the time).

One of the year nine kids at school asked if the Corrado was new, because he hadn't seen one before. I said that it wasn't, and asked "why do you like it" ?

He replied, "yeah, it's cool and looks like something off Top Gear".

Strange, but he couldn't comprehend the fact that the car was older than him.

Edited by James.

I was driving my car out of a multi-storey car park the other week with the window down when a bloke said "I remember the corrado they used to be the best car in top trumps"

:)

Got pulled over buy the fuzz at 2am on boxing day after driving back from the in-laws, was speeding a little but there was no one about and I was stone sober. Pulled me and the misses over and did the long wwalk up to the car... Wound the window down.

"yes officer?"

"is this car registered to you sir?"

"yes officer"

"can you tell me what speed you where doing sir?"

"Ooo I must say i think i was speeding..."

"indeed sir i had trouble keeping up... That the G60?"

"yes it is..."

"Always liked the corrado..."

"Yeah, I've always wanted one. Just got this back on the road."

"quick is it? what have you done to her"

"just the charger pulley and suspension nothing too fancy, not as quick as the VR6"

"Yeah but the smaller engine is lighter isn't it? better handling..."

WAH! Amazing! waved me off with a caution! Merry Christmas! :shades:

After a nice conversation like that, one feel tempted to drive legaly for a whole week, or so.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I was down getting a new tyre yesterday and one of the guys came in to the waiting room to ask me to move my car:-

"can you bring your car in mate"

"sorry, was you taking to me mate"

"yeah, thats your Scirocco isn't it?"

"No its a Corrado":scratch:

"Same thing"

I just walked to the car with my head down, then after it was done went it to pay for it when this other guy who just walked in said:-

"That you car mate"

"Yeah it is thanks" (I starting smiling thinking is could be a long chat about her now and i'm in a rush)

:2gunfire:"Oh nice, Like it, I've always liked the Scirocco":censored:

I just walked out not saying anything and went home.

Anyone else have this happen to them??

Johnny

Edited by Johnny H

Yes, once in the form of 'Ooh, is that a Scirocco? I used to have one of those!' :lol:

Had a good one this morning just after I got to work; I'd been in the building maybe twenty seconds when a guy from the top floor got in the lift with me and said 'Is that purple Corrado yours? Sound gorgeous with the VR6, don't they?' :D

Stone

Funnily enough the only time I've consistently had my car called a Scirocco is in bloody tyre centres as well!

I take both my VR and my old Jetta GTI to the same tyre place and they obviously remember the cars, because not so long ago 2 of the guys there were arguing which is the better car :)

Thankfully, neither referred to my C as a Scirocco, but has happened many times, along with Cordoba, Corolla and even DeLorean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scarlet_vr6

I've had a few recently.

I was in the VW garage getting my new mats and I happened to look over the R32 they had on display. One of the salesmen came over and asked if I was considering trading in the Corrado for it. I'd never seen him before so was surprised he knew what car I have... "No, I'd never sell that but I might swap my mk4 4Motion" I replied. To which he responded "We can always see your Corrado coming. It looks fantastic". My grin stretched from ear to ear on that one :)

A couple of days later my sister-in-law was visiting. She didn't know we have anything other than the Golf. But as she got out of the car she walked around the garage and said how nice it was. She didn't even know how old it was or what it was (not a car person).

And lastly... I phoned the VW garage yesterday to tell them the carpet fixing screws that I ordered were broken. The parts department knew what car I had as soon as I gave my name... you don't get THAT with a modern car :D

Despite the C currently looking like I've taken it off-roading, it got loads of attn yesterday :)

Popped in to Halfords to drop off an old battery, and the guy who very kindly came out to the car to carry it for me spent ages looking at the car. Got all the usual comments - rare, nice colour, a proper car, really quick, and when I said that with modern tech meaning that engines are more efficient now and therefore struggling to keep up with some stuff, he just laughed and said 'yeah but the C looks loads cooler'. First chuftie for ages and made me smile :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scarlet_vr6

I took the car to a bodyshop today to get an estimate for a couple of things such as tidying up some marks on the bumpers. Afterwards he spent ages looking at the car with comments about how nice it was and he'd not seen such a good one in a long time :)

At the scrappy earlier, had barely got out of the car and an excited-looking chap shouted over 'Wow, don't see a lit of Corrados around now - nice to see one!'. Big grin :)

Hmmmm, got one yeaterday, I was parking the Corrado just outside the windows of the carshop to go in and get some better mainbeam bulbs. When I came in the sjop, the owner smiled and said that my car was a real rare sight and it looked very good indeed ;) So bought some exkra H7 bulbs for the long beams as well ;)

It's been 2 months since I washed the Corrado, so it was relatively clean with only 6 fresh layers of McGuiars wax and a quick tyre and window cleaning too.

It imediately made me go home and do some more work on the recolouring of my other Recaro cabin.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I was just checking the oil and water on mine when my neighbour came back from a run. I know he's into cars anyway (he has an exceptionally rare Ginetta which he's completely restoring and rebuilding in time to race next season) but I'm so chuffed that not only has he noticed the bonnet replacement, but that he bothered to come over to congratulate me on it. He's looked around the exterior before but he said he'd never seen the interior of a Corrado and he commented on what good condititon it's in and how good the seats look. He then went on to praise the wheels and finished off by remarking 'isn't it great to have a car that you're so proud of?'... I couldn't agree more :D

I drove the Corrado to my hospital appointment today. As I get back into the car and start fiddling with the sat nav I realise there is a guy standing by my window so I open it. He them starts along me about the car and how nice they look from all angles. He also asked whether I thought they were good cars to get and whether her should consider one so I quickly ran through the pros and cons. Hopefully I may have persuaded someone to take a look at them. I pointed him in the direction of the forum.

Bought my first ever corrado last week and got pulled the same night by 2 policemen having a good look around telling me its a great looking car and wondering if the spoiler worked!! perfect!