Riley

Late Black G60

:lol: New rims...not exactly what i wanted,but im gonna make em how i want em! :?

4x New borbet a in 9x16 et15.

16 New wheel bolts,and center cap key/spigot rings.

newborbeta.jpg

Then bought 2x sets of flat centers...Also with new bolts/key.

newborbeta1.jpg

Bolt in anodised silver valves

newborbeta2.jpg

Got some 215/40/16 toyo t1-r's in near new condition for £120 quid too. 8)

9jborbettyres.jpg

Erm...Masking tape :o

newborbeta3.jpg

newborbeta4.jpg

newborbeta5.jpg

Prepped and ready!

newborbetasanding1-1.jpg

Painted the first one...wasn't happy with it as you could see sanding marks even though i got a good few coats on. :thumbd:

This was after a bodyshop recommended prepping with 600 grit which i thought sounded a touch rough.

newborbetafirstdone2.jpg

So i flatted it off again with 800 grit...thought it looked quite good matt black!

newborbetaflattedback.jpg

This is where things went horrobly wrong :(

I repainted the wheel and noticed straight away that something wasn't right.

The finish was all crazed and looked like a hammered finish,propper mess :(

I heard that you can't repaint over hammerite? Ive heard this in the past before now too.Dunno if this was the problem...Was gutted at this point thinking id just ruined a set of brand new wheels,got a few quotes for people to do them but it was the price of a full refurb which i couldn't afford after buying them in the first place!

No pics of the mess as i ended up just flatting it again!

And repainted for 3rd time here!

newborbetaallpainted3.jpg

newborbetaallpainted.jpg

One of the sets of flat centers prepped.

newborbetflatcapsprepped.jpg

newborbetflatcapsprepped1.jpg

All four painted! along with center caps!

Far from perfect,but just happy to go for the look i wanted.

newborbetaallpainted2.jpg

newborbetaallpainted4.jpg

newborbetflatcapspainted.jpg

newborbetaallpainted1.jpg

New richbrook black/polished antitheft valve caps to go on the richbrook metal valve stems.

newborbetadustcaps.jpg

And fitted along with tyres!

Bit more stretched than i wanted!

newborbetadustcaps1.jpg

newborbetatyresfitted3.jpg

newborbetatyresfitted.jpg

newborbetatyresfitted1.jpg

newborbetatyresfitted2.jpg

Stuck a sticker on one of em,need some more...

newborbetasticker.jpg

And fitted.

newborbetafitted.jpg

newborbetafitted1.jpg

newborbetafitted5.jpg

newborbetafitted4.jpg

newborbetafitted7.jpg

newborbetafitted6.jpg

newborbetafitted8.jpg

Overall im not mega happy with the paint job on em,but i think ive got the look i wanted for now.

Neil.

Cheers guys :D

Was stood there with the sand paper thinking...What the fecking hell am i doing? :lol:

Few pics from a local meet we had...

Excuse my m8 in the bonnet shot :lol:

DSC03083.jpg

DSC03055.jpg

DSC03080.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

Few pics from Volksdevil north west...held every last sunday of the month at blackburn jct 4 m65 services from 1pm onwards.

volksdevilnorthwest1.jpg

volksdevilnorthwest2.jpg

volksdevilnorthwest3.jpg

volksdevilnorthwest4.jpg

Thanks guys :D

Ive posted waaaaay too many pics on the last page :( :lol:

Made a new siggy from em though 8)

New parts:

• Rear discs (machined -6mm)[/*:m:5cbd3]
  • Rear brake pads[/*:m:5cbd3]
  • V.A.G inner and outer rear wheel bearings[/*:m:5cbd3]
  • New abs sensor pickup rings[/*:m:5cbd3]
  • New rear brake pressure regulator[/*:m:5cbd3]
  • New rear brake pressure fittings,bolts/roller/spacer/nut etc[/*:m:5cbd3]

Good m8 of mine had machined 6mm off the face of the discs...This should hopefully combat the tyre/arch contact problem. 8)

reardiscsmachining6mm.jpg

reardiscsmachining6mm1.jpg

Everything went ok,but i got short on time so ive just done the passenger side for now untill tommorow. :)

Drivers side pics (not done)

reardiscsmachining6mm3.jpg

reardiscsmachining6mm4.jpg

reardiscsmachining6mm7.jpg

Passenger side pics (done with minus 6mm)

reardiscsmachining6mm2.jpg

reardiscsmachining6mm5.jpg

reardiscsmachining6mm6.jpg

And a rear shot,hard to see the difference as i couldn't get far enough back for the pic :(

reardiscsmachining6mm8.jpg

Happy with it so far,the side thats been done still looks well (not sat in too far) but i haven't had chance to really test for arch/tyre contact as yet,think it will be ok :D

Brakes feel a lot! better too,the rear discs/pads were really bad!

Neil. :)

Cheers m8 :D Just need to sort the other side tommorow,then see how it goes with the rubbing/catching issue...

The engine in the pic...tis the new lump for me ol mk1 :D

Well...im now running the new rear dics on both sides with 6mm machined off the faces...AND...

I haven't had any tyre/arch contact as yet :D

Also went for mot and the last thing they checked was handbrake,the caliper on the left wasn't working at all....so new caliper and its gone straight through. :)

Neil.

Whats this corrado worth guys? With the design 90's...not the borbets.

Im going to put an advert together some time tonight/tommorow.

Its got a few spares including a 75 brake nitrous kit/cosworth 4x4 intercooler,half modofied front bumper/ecu/chip/dizzy/red and white show plates,spare window switches etc etc.

Cheers,Neil.

not sure on market prices at the mo, but this has to be the cream of the crop 8)

(sorry im no help)

Heres my honest opinion...

Not that many G60s are getting over 3k at the moment so it seems - more like 2k+. Being realistic - its been brought to everyones attention that the car has had running issues of some sort for a long time now - and that a potentially large (or small) bill is waiting for the buyer to pick up immediately - unless you settle it first. So that will work against you when selling, as of course buyers will factor in a large bill as worst case scenario. Cosmetically it looks good, once the gastly yellow lights and bra are got rid of! Not sure of a figure but look to get 2.5k give or take £300. If you get more then great - but everyone whos tried selling a G60 at 3-4K lately has eventually come down to below 3k (and without running issues).

Don't sell the extra bits along with the car - it won't return your money. Sell them separately.

Id agree with Leon, sell your spares on their own...

It is a great looking Rado, id be wanting 3k for it but as mentioned someone is gonna have to put it right to get it to former glory...

i reckon if u sorted the runnin issues 1st,u should get 4k easily,everythin else looks mint,i'm not gonna try changin ya mind as your head seems pretty fecked as it is but i reckon you'd wanna keep her if she was fixed :lol:

but we the current probs i'd expect to be makin a loss on what you've put into it,also the probs you've had will put people off :(

either way good luck mate,an if you get to a stage where ya just wanna give it away let me know :D

4k for a G60 is a pretty tall order. For that I'd expect a rebuild, respray, list of performance mods etc etc etc. Its the top bracket. Even good VR's aren't consistently getting above that. You will make a loss on it. The running problems like I said have been high profile on this forum which won't be an encouragement - theres loads of history for people to read up on. Don't set yourself high expectations like 4k - as you will end up dropping in price a lot, like the others have. The best thing you ca do is get your running issues sorted first and make the decision to either keep or sell.

well i know if i sold mine i wouldn't be takin any less than 4.5k? i've already had 3 people pm me on wether i not i would sell mine one of them offered me 4.5k,an neils looks as good if not better than mine?mind you i can't remember the full spec list on neils :D

i think if its a car that someone is lookin for then they will pay the extra to get the car they want,but not with any runnin issues