Sign in to follow this  
Flo

Embarressed recently?

Anyone here ever lined up with someone on the lights thinking of an easy victory, only to be completely wasted?

Worst for me was a Seat Leon Cupra R. Jesus they move! Stupidly didn't realise they push out 225bhp until i checked it out afterwards.

Got hammered by an E46 M3, but that was my own fault.

Even a 330i gave me a run for my money, but had him as i changed into 3rd!

My mate in his Renault 5 GT Turbo kept up with me up to 50ish but as I heard him change into 3rd, he disappeared from view!

Its not even worth playing with a Cupra R- they can be chipped up for peanuts and then push out 260-280 BHP yet still look absolutely standard- Guy at works got one and its a flying machine.

If you get a rolling start against a non-chipped Cupra anf take full advantage of the VR's lightening quick 30-70 then you certainly shouldn't come too far behind..

I went up against a tuned S3, but silly me didnt realise it was wet. he had me in first, my heart sank as I saw his bird look back at me, then , neck and neck in second, till good old 3rd left him haha, bet he was thinking , my god that guy is pulling away and he still aint got traction .

Had some fun with a Pulsar GTi-R the other day- was a bit worried as he pulled a couple of car lengths up to a tonne, then I reeled him in so quickly I was actually a bit surprised!

Had some jumped up little kid trying to egg me on in a riced up astra 2.0 16v on my way to canterbury but i couldn't be bothered!

The pulsar gtir has the aero-dynamics of a brick!

I had a race (looked modified) with one in my rover coupe turbo (chipped and exhaust) and up to 70 he was kinda quick after that it bye bye mate!

Someone in an old shape Cavalier overtook me the other day in a bit of a stupid place so I decided to have a go.. unforutnately he was willing to be a little more careless with his life than I was willing to be and he roared off round a roundabout at a ridiculous speed.. can only assume it was a turbo 4x4 jobby the way it just squatted and went!

Rather impressive though.

Got wasted by a corsa. Found out later though, it was running a 350bhp calibra turbo lump. So I didn't feel too bad.

i embarrassed my mate last night in a straight drag onto a dual carraigeway, i was in my g60 (sns chip 68mm pulley) and he was in his mint vr,

my brother was in his car and said he hit the rev limiter twice trying to keep up, i was pleasantly surprised!! i didnt beat him by a long way but i pulled on past him,,

ouch a corsa... i bet for a second that must have been embarassing 350bhp thats going some..

i got done by a cooper s off a roundabout yesterday in my golf 16v but as soon as we hit the 50 mark i got my own back prietty impressive really but i was glad i did'nt get rinsed...

Yeah, but it's 350bhp in Chav speak, so in actual numbers it's probably more like 200...

It'd still make a Corsa go some...in a straight line ;)

No it really is 350bhp. It turned out the lad who owns it worked with my mom.

She over heard him one day saying he had a 350bhp corsa and so she went and said there's no way you can get that power out of a corsa (She knows loads about cars due to hearing about them constantly from me and our kid).

I'm still waiting for a spin in it. A had him at a round about, but on the dual carrige way it just squated an went like a scaulded cat!!

Its funny when you get wasted at the lights by often a much lesser car than yours. I used to be the one

POST EDITED - No idea what all that was - don't do it again! - Supercharged.

No it really is 350bhp. It turned out the lad who owns it worked with my mom.

She over heard him one day saying he had a 350bhp corsa and so she went and said there's no way you can get that power out of a corsa (She knows loads about cars due to hearing about them constantly from me and our kid).

I'm still waiting for a spin in it. A had him at a round about, but on the dual carrige way it just squated an went like a scaulded cat!!

A guy by me has a 2.5 v6 nova with 100bhp of nos. Word is he's put a low comp turbo on it. He's been blowing away 350bhp cossies with ease & kept up with a Ferrari up to 140mph, bloody crazy!

He must have some substantial bracing around the suspension turrets then as it's a known weak point on Novas with powerful engines. If left standard the engine literally rips the front of the car off over time.

He must have some substantial bracing around the suspension turrets then as it's a known weak point on Novas with powerful engines. If left standard the engine literally rips the front of the car off over time.

I've never seen the car up close, but I'm sure it is fully strengthened.

The guy has had many spine wrenching creations driven out of his little garage in the past.

I must admit, there is something deeply satisfying about putting ridiculous amounts of power in an unassuming car....but it's equally embarrassing in the case of a Nova!

The car looks nothing ether, white with cav gsi alloys & lowered a bit. Bet their faces are a right picture!

I must admit, there is something deeply satisfying about putting ridiculous amounts of power in an unassuming car

Yeah i agree, think i would have more fun in a "stealth" car then in my vr, looks on some peoples faces as they realise thats not standard :)

On topic though, pulled up at lights last week witha brand new audi tt, was not expecting him too give it the hammering like he did. I Just had the edge in 1st and 2nd then he started too go past, i was gutted/ Least he had two exhaust pipes on his TT so must have been a 225bhp one or as i like too tell myself it was a 3.2 and was less then a year old.

Least he had two exhaust pipes on his TT so must have been a 225bhp one or as i like too tell myself it was a 3.2 and was less then a year old.

[align=center]

"Them pawnyheads must ha' beeen in some doooomsday deeevice boiii!!"[/align]

How about this little one for embarassing.

met this girl while I was in my golf, so I thought next time I see her the Big C is coming out, date went fine, I didnt quite know where I was so I followed her to where I knew. She drove a 200SX at 21, as we get to a duel carrageway, I thinks I will show her the full 280 german horses.

Lights turn to green I pulls along side and wave, thinking your so cool, floor it! car goes off like sh!te of a warm shuvel, change to second and bang, no drive, hazards on and pull over.

Blew up another CV joint and had to ask the girl for a lift home! :oops:

How about this little one for embarassing.

met this girl while I was in my golf, so I thought next time I see her the Big C is coming out, date went fine, I didnt quite know where I was so I followed her to where I knew. She drove a 200SX at 21, as we get to a duel carrageway, I thinks I will show her the full 280 german horses.

Lights turn to green I pulls along side and wave, thinking your so cool, floor it! car goes off like sh!te of a warm shuvel, change to second and bang, no drive, hazards on and pull over.

Blew up another CV joint and had to ask the girl for a lift home! :oops:

He he he :lol:

Check this out for a street sleeper.......

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail ... 1455&s=176

Now thats gonna catch a few fools slipping :wink:

imagine the look on the face of the guy in the ferrari as a nova is sitting alongside him at 140mph!! what a picture!!