Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Side strips

I a thinking of taking the side rubbing strips of the car but I am not sure it would look ok due to the light colour. I do think it looks better on the darker car but on light colours I am not sure.

Whats everyones opinion? (now had clear side repeaters)

My Inca blue one doesn't have any following a re-spray (there're sitting in their original plastic sleeves) and it looks much better IMO.

i'd take them off if i was you, only slight problem i can foresee is that the paint underneith will be almost 'as new' and might not match the rest of the bodywork which will have faded, even if only slightly.

i dont like them, and they dont do anything on a corrado due to their position

The door strips do.

If you open the door against a wall (carefully) you'll notice the strips stick out about 5cm past the end of the door.

Useful if, like me, you've a new house and a stupidly small garage!

I'd agree with Kev and leave them on, but colour coded. You do also get the prats who just have to open their doors too hard and make some dents so it will help. PLus they wont be difficult to touch up if needed.

I think there's a post on that somewhere - something like warming the strip to soften the adhesive and then gently removing step by step to avoid paint damage. The n the paint can be cleaned up with some white spirit or something. Mind you there may be a colour difference with the rest of the door, so either use t-cut (terrible stuff) or get the door resprayed.

Still going to sell those wheels?

depends on funds, I'd quite like to keep them as spares for winter etc. However since buying Jay's RC's I have sod all money :roll: I'll PM you first if I do decide to sell.

I'd definitely take them off - the lines look so much cleaner,especially on the Satin Silver or any light coloured Corrado - here's an example : -

before...

Hmm I've been considering putting mine back on, following a full respray :?

I'd rather have some sort of protection, even if the strips are rather low..

But then again I dont ever intend to take the car to a car park :D

Recckon I would put them on.

Wish I had side strips but I don't think they came on the 1990 16v? Since my respray I have had two big chips in the door :( both in wrk car parks too!

Bin 'em! Look horrible, don't protect that much either. Removed mine 6 months ago and not a single mark and the car looks so much better.

When I had mine re-sprayed I left them off, I much prefur the look of it like that. I now have two parking dents in the passenger door though :mad:

dig, they came on all corrado`s

Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Will have to try and get some. Agree that the c looks better without but hate the thought of more chips! Would be good if they were magnetic then could be removed/replaced easily

:idea:

Strips Off:

Looks better (matter of taste)

Easier to clean / polish car

Don't offer much side protection anyway

Reduce chances of rust starting underneath

Strips On:

Looks worse (matter of taste)

Non-standard

Hard to remove

Removes slight protection given to end of door when opening

Harder to polish car / keep strips looking black

If you do want to put them on I'd use double sided sticky foam mounting tape. You can get rolls of this in Halfords, B&Q, etc. Some are better / stronger than others though.