Sign in to follow this  
Jim

RUF Porsche Rt 12 Turbo 05

That is gorgeous, one day I will have a 911. I remember driving an M reg Carrera 2, absolutely amaising. Made my 8v Golf GTI that I had at the time seem a bit rubish.

mmmmm tasty thats taken the presidential position on my desktop and reducing Keira Knightley's position back to just being in a folder somewhere on my hard drive :D

I knew you guys would appreciate that.. 3.8 litre twin turbo.. good lord.

I remember them from GT2, I think I had a purple one that was, when fully tuned, undrivable :S I second Phil's sentiment, one day i will own a 911!

I read an article in Evo magazine a couple of years ago where they took a bunch of 200+ mph cars (manufacturers claims) to Germany for a 200mph thrape on the Autobahn.

In the line up was a Ruf 911 Turbo and it was the only car of the lot to get to 200 easily and sit there steady as a rock....awesome cars.

Got a video of a 'Yellowbird' RUF CTR and a more modern RUF being driven around at Brunters for a magazine feature.. apart from the fact that one of the rich arses who owns one of them has only been driving for a year (sigh) its phenominal to watch those cars going for it. Down the main straight one of them breaks 200MPH - and the car is solid and not rattling around, steering is still dead straight, etc - no mean feat if you've ever driven down that straight as the surface is as rough as a bears arse!! :)

And people used to slag 911s for not handling, LOL!! There's few things on the road today that can match a 911 point to point, not even a Noble.

Would love to just DRIVE a Porsche ffs.. never even been near one before :(

my uncle has a 993 4s and that is only 285bhp 4wd and that is a real crack had a few goes in it now, but it does have the optional turbo susp, brakes etc but 650 and 2wd rock on would just love to have a go in that round the ring!!!!!

Last months GT Porsche mag had a tuned 911 called a 9ff with about 800bhp and it broke the production car top speed title at 250mph. Thye took it from the McLaren F1.

Best in my eyes is still the 993 GT2 in black with gold centered BBS's.

U cant beat a Porsche can u? Had a quality experience @ Snetterton. Was in a blokes Radical SR3 that i know( basically a 252bhp go kart) and we were racing a Porsche GT2, it was just so good i cant even begin to explain. :D They just look the b*****ks and they boy do they fly!!