Sign in to follow this  
fla

OK, we know your cars, where did your names come from???

Mine - well Frontline Assembly are my fave band for about 15 years hence FLA. Was going to have DM from Depeche Mode but decided on FLA some years back. Not too complex i guess....

Well mine doesn't take a genius to work out. Used to be jims16v with my last Corrado, and due to it sounding a bit stupid when I got a G60, I changed my name to jimsg60 :)

I use 'Chicane-UK' a lot on online games, and non-car forums etc though - Chicane chosen because I really used to listen to his music a lot.. don't so much these days (release the new album damnit) but am too used to the name to think of a new one :)

well I spent ages coming up with mine... eventually I came to the decision that it should be relevent to me so I looked at my actual name name Phil Kett and then it struck me - lose the ett!!! :wink: :lol:

I use 'Chicane-UK' a lot on online games, and non-car forums etc though - Chicane chosen because I really used to listen to his music a lot..

Chicane is awesome!! No idea what he's up to these days. Far from the Maddening Crowds is an all-time fave though.

My name goes back to my college days when someone gave me a sponsered kangaroo for my 18th birthday. Bless the little bugger, I still sponser him you know, lives at the local zoo. Haven't been to see him in a while though.. feeling the pangs of guilt...

I race Model Cars and broke 14 hubs in the first 4 weeks of racing.

It has stuck since then, although I my driving has got better :roll:

Red=Fast actually came from me mocking someone on http://www.sfbavw.com after he gave me nothing but crap when I swapped a built 2.0L 16v into my former Corrado G60 that blew its charger. His signature used to say Yellow=Fast (His car was a yellow VR6T GTI). So one day when I was feeling a bit saucy, I decided to mock him by changing my name to Red=Fast - My new G60 is red and is somewhat fast =P.

Normally on non car forums I go by Joshed.

also for online games.... came from my dad telling me (in his worst bristolian) "you aint never right in the ed".. so er, ye...erm...

I was winding my 16 y.o. nephew on an internet site he used to frequent - thought he had a stalker, I eventually confessed when he started to get worried. He kept on saying "I should've known it was you" "How could I have been so stupid".....Ah the joys :D

Flo is actually my nickname at work. Its usually said in the following way "Yo Flo, Mo' Fo', whats happnin' with Mr(insert name)'s car. Its been 2 weeks and you were only doing a geometry!"

And you think i'm joking...

Mine comes from the two loves of my life... my car being a 16v and my cat being black! My ebay name is longleggedlizard but thats another story!

Flo is actually my nickname at work. Its usually said in the following way "Yo Flo, Mo' Fo', whats happnin' with Mr(insert name)'s car. Its been 2 weeks and you were only doing a geometry!"

And you think i'm joking...

You may not be joking, but i am thinking not to much work goes on were you work if you greet each other like that:D

Comes from when i got my first Golf that all the nuts and bolts seemed rusted on, er hence Rustynuts, sounds better than Rustybolts.

...and no its not because its been a while since i have seen some lady action.....

billinjah as a mis spent youth loving everything gangster scarface etc not snoop dogg! there was a gangster called dillinger and my names bill so it was a natural change most of my mates call me billinjah still! and g60 well mmmmm cant remember where that came from but i may have to change it to billinjahlysolm but that doesnt have the same ring!