Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

HONEST OPINION OF MY RIMS?

hi.. just wondering what the general thought on my wheels was??..some people hate them and others love them?

The wheel is :pukeright:

But the split rim is :thumb right:

You asked for honesty! LOL!

What size tyres are they? The sidewalls look huge....

I cant make up my mind on these, recon in the flesh they would look pretty cool, I like the fact they are splits and dished though. Where did they come from/what are they? They look good in the second pic.

I think they look pretty different, different is good. they just look a little dated, may look even better with the centre swirl painted black and highly polished rim.

if you like em then *~##*%"! everyone else mate.

Its being different that keeps the scene varied and interesting.

I think perhaps they are a little small for the Corrado.. would look good a little bigger with narrower tyres definately! :)

Never seen anything like them before. They do remind me of something that would be on a MK2 GTI or something. I kind of like them only because they are really different - they aren’t ugly, just different.

They are 15" which can look good on a C. You have 205/50/R15 tyres, how about 195/50/R15 will give a smaller side wall height. Maybe a little lowering and it should look cool.

they're OZ Turbo series 1 wheels.... Quite rare and rather collectable by the MKI and MKII golf peeps... 8)

don't like 'em on a Corrado though... look way too small IMHO... :|

(ebay auction for a set here 8) )

I do love the OZ Turbos - was looking for a set for the Passat til I realised 1)too expensive, and 2)can't get them in the right offset! :lol:

They are the daddies on mk2 Golfs though, but yeah, possibly a bit small on a 'rado unless you go for 50 (or even 45!) profile tyres and drop the car to the floor a la euro-style... 8)

they're OZ Turbo series 1 wheels.... Quite rare and rather collectable by the MKI and MKII golf peeps...

don't like 'em on a Corrado though... look way too small IMHO...

(ebay auction for a set here )

bingo...they are oz turbos..they are quite rare and saught after, they were first designed for the mk1..they were on the car when i bought it and i hated them...but i lowered the suspension by 40mm and they started growing on me, now i love them..but ive still never really been sure of them..im thinking of taking them off and putting estorils on ??

thanks for the honest opinios by the way..and oh yeah..the tyres look shite and i could do with smaller ones but they were on the car and new when i bought it..so i have been waiting for the tread to go...mr budget here!

If you like them leave them on mate, as the rest of the guys have said, they're certainly different.

The Estorils are one of my favourite VW wheels and they look really nice when polished up.

cheers...i do like them...but i fancy a change..was thinking of keeping them and getting a set of estorils ..but im intrigued with the porche rim idea? wondering what theyll look like?

fit wider polished rims to them.lower profile tyres.paint the centres black.then lower the fook out of it and it will look sweet 8)

like this but with black centres 8)

DSC01717.jpg

by the way.they are pretty rare and change hands for mega money.i've seen a 9 and 10 inch wide set go for 1100 quid without tyres :o

and a manky set with no centre caps/tyres got for just over 300

yeah..ive heard they change hands for alot of money..mine are in need of a refurb...i had a smash a couple of weeks ago which involved one of the wheels..they should be in pukka condition again soon, thats why i put the thread up..to help me decide what to do with them...i am a fan of the "euro" look and like i said i do like the wheels..but i feel they deserve to be on the car that they were designed for...i bought the car in the summer with the wheels on (not sure if the guy who sold me the car knew what they were as he through them in for the ammount we had already agreed on the car without the wheels???) ..two weeks later i was at the vw festival in margam park s.wales one of the guys from gwent vw was chasing me down the carpark to offer to buy them! but i didnt sell because i didnt know how much they are worth and didnt want to get ripped off?