Sign in to follow this  
lexxuss

HT LEAD TOOL

Hello all,

Im having trouble finding a tool to remove and fit my new ht leads. tried vw but apparently they are not avaliable for sale, they only supply their workshops with them (typical vw) :x . i also tried gsf and ecp but no joy their any suggestions. . . . . . . . .

Hello all,

Im having trouble finding a tool to remove and fit my new ht leads. tried vw but apparently they are not avaliable for sale, they only supply their workshops with them (typical vw) :x . i also tried gsf and ecp but no joy their any suggestions. . . . . . . . .

its a vr6 m reg by the way

Yeah, it's a Hazet tool and there are 2 types, a plasic crappo one that was attached somewhere under the bonnet at some stage and will have long ago broken and been ditched.

There's also the metal version that the dealers have and some refuse to sell you because then they can't get away with charging you £70 in labour to change your plugs. :roll:

However, you can get hold of them from either a helpful dealer, or maybe GPC will be able to get you one.

It's come up a few times before tho, so have a search and you should be able to unearth the part numbers and where to get them from.

Believe part no. is T10029.

I havent tried to order yet, though.

That's the right part number - cost me £12.69 after discount last April. Dealer probably won't believe that this is a valid part number and may try to fob you off with the plastic one but do NOT get the plastic one - there's only a quid or so difference in price.

I got mine from VW motorworld in Kidlington (Oxford) for ~£18, they had to order one in but didn't quible, they even lent me theirs for 20 mins while I did a plug change outside because it was running like a dog! 8)

with the strong £, you may want to order one from here in the states, techtonicstuning.com has them.

I just bought one from my local stealer, they did try to sell me the plastic one and told me tools are not for sale, but i told them that i had already broken two and another plastic one would only break again...........worked fine for me.!!

Like me, many will appreciate your inputs, Insane_VR6.

8)

Off topic this, but why do the yanks make fun of the Canadians, for example, on "3rd Rock from the sun"?

I have something in mind, but would rather hear from a Canadian.

but why do the yanks make fun of the Canadians

I'm not really sure, I would be willing to bet it is probably related to the same reason everybody in the world hates the yanks, know what I mean? The Americans seem to think they are the world police and try to make other people live the way they think other people should without realizing other people have their own ways which have been around for far longer than the USA. A lot of the drug problems were started in their country by themselves by using drug money to support take-overs of other small countries and so on. I think the other reason is most Canadians actually have a good sense of humor and don't over react to every little thing that is said. They are a funny lot that almost sees themseleves as being above other people and treat them as such, bad things happen to bad people - karma. I've never watched 3rd Rock from the Sun so I can't really comment on what you are talking about but I'm sure it is due to something I wrote above.

Cheers, Dennis

Thanks for taking time to answer that, Dennis.

Series, starring John Lithgow, is actually quite good, I think.

The references to Canadians have only been 2 or 3 times in maybe 20 programs. Perhaps the writers have a "thing" about Canadians. I noticed the comments because I have never heard them before in any American movies, sitcoms, etc.

Any nation that gives us Joni, The Band and Neil Young cannot be too bad, anyway.

Best regards,

Iain

Yeah, it's a Hazet tool and there are 2 types, a plasic crappo one that was attached somewhere under the bonnet at some stage and will have long ago broken and been ditched.

...originally clipped on to the bonet stay.

Part number is (HYC2) 021 012 213 if you're really interested but because it's made of plastic, a couple of goes and it's shagged.... :-(

A length of 3/4 inch copper water tubing (used in North American houses, don't know about you guys) and a bit of cutting will net you one for next to nothing

Dennis, what did you cut the pipe with to make it so neat? My dealer doesn't recognise the Hazet tool code....yeah right. So im gonna make one myself, if i can, as per your diag!

Cheers

My dad made me one last week from a piece of 22mm copper pipe, he used my broken plastic one as a template, just used a hacksaw and some files, works perfectly.

andy, I dont have even the plastic one so nothing to use as a template. You couldn't trace around your new "Hazet" and send me a scanned copy could you? Or for that matter anyone with the "real" hazet, could you please do the same? Much appreciated.

Perhaps the writers have a "thing" about Canadians.

My guess would be the Americans never got over the Canadians burning down the White House in 1812. Hey, Gone, how do you fancy giving me a ride from Vancouver airport to the Tsawwassen ferry in May? That damn bus takes too long!

Can anyone send me a trace of the Hazet tool they use so I can make the same form a copper tube? Thanks chaps.

fla, you got pm.

Thinks - I could start a cottage industry with this and retire to somewhere warm :)